Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit Shooting, 1:15  (Read 84209 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Tippit Shooting, 1:15
« Reply #240 on: October 26, 2019, 09:39:23 PM »
Advertisement
“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell”

..... or use oversimplified meaningless ridicule

Based on my observations, that is exactly what YOU do... over and over again.  I've seen it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #240 on: October 26, 2019, 09:39:23 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #241 on: October 26, 2019, 09:47:03 PM »
Nice fetish, should bring you may hours of joy.

Thumb1:

Original research.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #242 on: October 26, 2019, 09:51:33 PM »
Based on my observations, that is exactly what YOU do... over and over again.  I've seen it.

Which only tells us something about the quality of your "observations"....

Care to discuss the Markham/Bowley/Davenport/Methodist hospital timeline and tell me where I am wrong?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #242 on: October 26, 2019, 09:51:33 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #243 on: October 26, 2019, 09:59:31 PM »
Which only tells us something about the quality of your "observations"....

Care to discuss the Markham/Bowley/Davenport/Methodist hospital timeline and tell me where I am wrong?

First, explain to me why you're misquoting me.  I've never said that the ambulance arrived at Methodist at 1:18.  Why are you attributing that to me?

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #244 on: October 26, 2019, 10:41:19 PM »
First, explain to me why you're misquoting me.  I've never said that the ambulance arrived at Methodist at 1:18.  Why are you attributing that to me?

Where did I say that? If I did, I must have made a mistake, because I don't recall you ever said that.

You said that a time stamp card of the funeral home shows that the call for an ambulance was received at 1:18 PM.
You were going to find that time stamp card but you never produced it so I guess you did not find it.

So, let's (again) try to go back to basics;

Can you come up with a plausible scenario for Markham still being at 10th/Patton at 1:14 or 1:15 when she testified she left home "a little after 1" and the one block walk from her home on 9th street to the corner of 10th street and Patton would have taken her only 2, perhaps 3 minutes. Markham estimated in her testimony that she took the 1.15 bus to work every day. And before you go there, yes I know that according to the bus schedule (which btw nobody has ever been able to show me) there was a bus at 1.12 and one at 1.22. It actually doesn't matter which bus Markham was talking about, because a walk of two blocks to the bus stop would have taken her no more than 6 minutes. So, if she left home "a little after 1" she would have easily been at the bus stop on Jefferson at around 1.15 and thus not at 10th/Patton. In other words, Tippit must have been shot earlier than 1.15, most likely around 1.06, because otherwise Markham could not have witnessed it.

The same thing goes for Bowley. He arrived after Tippit was killed. In his affidavit he said he picked up his daughter at R.L. Thornton School in Singing Hills at "about 12:55". School bells, in my experience, have a tendency to ring at the correct time every day! Now, let's also not forget that, after picking up his daughter, Bowley was also going to pick up his wife from work, to go on a family holiday and thus had every reason to be on time and be aware of the time! The drive from the school to 10th/Patton is about 7 miles long and takes roughly 13 minutes, depending on the route, making it absolutely possible and plausible for him to arrive at 10th street at 1.10 pm, like he said he did in his affidavit.

Bowley also said in his affidavit that he saw the ambulance arrive and pick up Tippit's body just after his radio call (which he made within a minute or so after arriving on the scene). Hospital records show that Tippit was declared DOA at 1:15 at Methodist Hospital, on North Beckley, about 1,5 miles from the scene of the crime. DPD officer Davenport says in his report that, while en route, he saw and followed the ambulance to the hospital where he witnessed Tippit being declared dead at 1:15.

Markham's and Bowley's timelines alone justify, IMO, the conclusion that Tippit was in fact shot before 1:10 pm, which makes it nearly impossible for Oswald to have been there. But perhaps you can provide a plausible scenario for these two timelines to be wrong...? I'll wait and see, but I won't hold my breath.

Care to explain how this evidence relates to the DPD dispatcher's time calls from clocks which, according to Bowles, could be two minutes ahead or behind "official time" (whatever that means) and recorded on voice actived devices?

« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 10:53:00 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #244 on: October 26, 2019, 10:41:19 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #245 on: October 26, 2019, 11:27:34 PM »
How is a witness two blocks away seeing a man with a gun supposed to know that the man killed somebody?

Which witness are you referring to who was "two blocks away seeing a man with a gun"?

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #246 on: October 26, 2019, 11:31:55 PM »
Where did I say that? If I did, I must have made a mistake, because I don't recall you ever said that.

You've said it more than once over the past few days.

In the past, Bill Brown argued that a time stamp card from the funeral home at Jefferson showed that the call was received at 1:18.
Now he seems to go with 1:18 as the time Tippit arrived at the hospital, 1,5 miles away....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #246 on: October 26, 2019, 11:31:55 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #247 on: October 27, 2019, 12:05:18 AM »

You've said it more than once over the past few days.

Ah, so it's you who is cherry picking and misrepresenting what I said;

I replied to a post by Zeon Mason;

I maybe mistaken, but I think I remember Bill Brown having a thread many years back, in which Bill suggested the 1:15pm time was the physicians ESTIMATE of the time of death made, and that the actual time of arrival of the ambulance to the hospital emergency room was 1:18pm based on some other record

my - complete - reply was;

I maybe mistaken, but I think I remember Bill Brown having a thread many years back, in which Bill suggested the 1:15pm time was the physicians ESTIMATE of the time of death made, and that the actual time of arrival of the ambulance to the hospital emergency room was 1:18pm based on some other record

I remember that Brown argued that the ambulance couldn't have been at the hospital at 1:15 because a time stamp card of the funeral home allegedly documented the departure of the ambulance from Jefferson as having taken place at 1:18. The problem with that argument is that nobody has ever been able to produce that time stamp card and the only reference to it being made (as far as I know) is a rather vague statement of a funeral home employee to the HSCA.

There's also another indicator that the ambulance's arrival at the hospital at 1:18 doesn't do Brown any favor. When you trace the fastest route between 10th street and the hospital on North Beckley, on Google map, the estimated drive time is 7 minutes. Had the ambulance arrived at 1:18, it would mean that it must have picked up Tippit - at best - 7 minutes earlier, at 1:11. Obviously, that's a far cry from the ambulance leaving the funeral home at 1:18. On the other hand, it is within a reasonable margin of error (of 3 minutes or so) in the Markham/Bowley/Ambulance/ Davenport scenario.

In any event; let's not forget that Markham saw Tippit being shot prior to the arrival of Bowley (at 1:10) and Bowley saw the ambulance pick up Tippit just after he made his radio call. Combined, this information means that Tippit must have been shot somewhere between 1:06 and 1:10.

You then replied to my post;

The hospital was only a mile away.  Seven minutes?  Hardly.

I then replied to a post by John Mytton about the speed of ambulances and sirens;

Sure they do, depending on traffic..... So, what is your point?

In the past, Bill Brown argued that a time stamp card from the funeral home at Jefferson showed that the call was received at 1:18.
Now he seems to go with 1:18 as the time Tippit arrived at the hospital, 1,5 miles away....

"Now he seems to go with 1:18 as the time Tippit arrived at the hospital" is a far cry from misquoting you..

I can not misquote you when you never said it. So why do you say I lie, when in fact I have argued that Zeon's recollection was wrong?

I see you are still playing word games rather than dealing with the content of posts. I seriously doubt that our renewed conversation will have a long life if that continues.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 12:08:51 AM by Martin Weidmann »