Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 3 x 5 Index Card that is item # 14 On the List  (Read 44607 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: 3 x 5 Index Card that is item # 14 On the List
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2019, 04:25:34 PM »
Advertisement
Yes, I’ve seen the photo.

The problem with this argument is that the evidence list in question says nothing about being a list of evidence being turned over to the FBI. It’s just a list of items labeled “evidence”.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2019, 04:25:34 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2019, 06:11:34 PM »
Yes, I’ve seen the photo.

The problem with this argument is that the evidence list in question says nothing about being a list of evidence being turned over to the FBI. It’s just a list of items labeled “evidence”.

The altered list "B" says...
1 .38 cal pistol, 2" barrel,S&W Rev. sandblast finish, brown wooden handles ser.# 510210 .Rel to FBI agent 11-22-63 and again 11-26-63.

Released to an FBI agent on 11-22-63 .....  The revolver was item number six on the list .....and the 3 X 5 index card was item number 14.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 06:16:30 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2019, 09:02:22 PM »
That just helps make my point. If the whole thing was a list of evidence released to the FBI at the same time, there would be no need to make that annotation specifically on the “pistol” (which was actually a revolver).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2019, 09:02:22 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2019, 11:18:36 PM »
That just helps make my point. If the whole thing was a list of evidence released to the FBI at the same time, there would be no need to make that annotation specifically on the “pistol” (which was actually a revolver).

Many folks refer to any hand gun as a "pistol".... So that point doesn't amount to much.....And the fact remains that the pistol was one of the items on the original evidence list "A" and the altered list "B" says it was released to the FBI along with the other items on the list on 11 - 22 -63.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2019, 04:39:08 AM »
It’s just a list of evidence. It could have been written at any time.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2019, 04:39:08 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2019, 04:33:18 PM »
It’s just a list of evidence. It could have been written at any time.

No, it could not have been written at any time.....  It was written before the evidence was turned over to the FBI and there were photographs taken to accompany the list.   

One of those photos shows item #1 on the list.....The Italian rifle.... The hand written placard behind the rifle says....
11 -22-63---Dallas- Made in Italy-- 1940 --6.5 CAL--- C2766---Scope 4x18 coated ordinance optics ---Hollywood California
and in the lower right hand corner the name- J. Day.

On 11-22- 63 they didn't know that the rifle was a Carcano carbine...... So they simply listed it as Italian make 6.5 rifle    and that's basically what was written on the placard ...however the placard listed the date 1940, whereas the evidence list didn't.

John, WHY? are you so insistent that the original evidence list wasn't typed up on 11 / 22 /63? 
Surely you can read and understand the footnote on that evidence list....  The footnote clearly says that the items with the asterisk preceding the entry were----- "Taken from the 6th floor, 411 Elm , by Lt Day and Detective Studebaker and taken to crime Lab City Hall. "  and an asterisk precedes the Partial palm print entry....

Item number five on the evidence list is the "Homemade paper bag resembling a gun case "

Mr. EISENBERG. Now, Mr. Latona, I hand to you an object which I will describe for the record as being apparently a brown, homemade-type of paper bag, and which I will also describe for the record as having been found on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository Building near the window, the easternmost window, on the south face of that floor.
I ask you whether you are familiar with this paper bag?
Mr. LATONA. Yes, I am. This is a piece of brown wrapping paper that we have referred to as a brown paper bag, which was referred to me for purposes of processing for latent prints.
Mr. EISENBERG. And you examined that for latent prints?
Mr. LATONA. Yes; I did.
Mr. EISENBERG. Mr. Chairman, may I have this admitted into evidence as Commission Exhibit 626?
The CHAIRMAN. It may be admitted.
(The item referred to was marked Commission Exhibit No. 626 and received in evidence.)
Mr. EISENBERG. Mr. Latona, do your notes show when you received this paper bag?
Mr. LATONA. I received this paper bag on the morning of November 23, 1963.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 05:04:39 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2019, 05:43:03 PM »
No, it could not have been written at any time.....  It was written before the evidence was turned over to the FBI and there were photographs taken to accompany the list.   

That’s what you keep claiming, but there’s no evidence for it. It just says “EVIDENCE”

John, WHY? are you so insistent that the original evidence list wasn't typed up on 11 / 22 /63? 

Because not only is there no evidence for that assertion, but the magic partial palmprint wasn’t turned over on 11/22. Neither Drain or Latona knew anything about it.

Surely you can read and understand the footnote on that evidence list....  The footnote clearly says that the items with the asterisk preceding the entry were----- "Taken from the 6th floor, 411 Elm , by Lt Day and Detective Studebaker and taken to crime Lab City Hall. "  and an asterisk precedes the Partial palm print entry....

That tells you nothing about when the list was written. And if Day really did his lifts at the TSBD, why wouldn’t he have said so? It wouldn’t have hurt his story.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 04:04:52 AM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2019, 05:43:03 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2019, 05:56:40 PM »
That’s what you keep claiming, but there’s no evidence for it. It just says “EVIDENCE”

Because not only is there no evidence for that assertion, but the magic partial palmprint wasn’t turned over on 11/22. Neither Drain or Latona knew anything about it.

That tells you nothing about when the list was written. And if Day really did his lifts at the TSDB, why wouldn’t he have said so? It wouldn’t have hurt his story.

Day wouldn't have said so because.....The so called palm print was just an unidentifiable smudge.... and they desperately needed the villain Lee Harrrrrvey Ossssswald's print on that rifle because Henry Wade had told reporters that they had found Oswald's prints on the gun.  ( Wade was lying through his teeth) 

My God! John...Can't you open your eyes and SEE.... that the so called palm print story is a ridiculous lie.   Simply LOOK at the exhibit CE 639 .... That smudge that the experts swore was Lee's Palm print was very obviously lifted from the WOODEN foregrip of a model 91/38 Mannlicher Carcano.... It was NOT lifted from a 5/8 " diameter metal barrel.... A 5/8 inch diameter barrel is not large enough to contain a man's palm print.