Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Could there have been a necessary and legitimate CIA/FBI cover up?  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Jon Banks

Re: Could there have been a necessary and legitimate CIA/FBI cover up?
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2019, 07:05:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Jon, Johnson certainly didn't want to find a conspiracy, we agree on that. At least some of the WC members may well have been put in place to steer the rest away if one had been found. Ironically, I don't believe it was necessary..there simply wasn't a conspiracy to be found. It's been over fifty years, the evidence has been more thoroughly scrutinised and picked over than any other murder in history, not just once but repeatedly over and over. Hundreds, perhaps thousands of independent researchers, some being highly trained professional's, have investigated the assassination far more thoroughly than the WC ever could. Result? Not a single shred of proof has surfaced that Oswald wasn't just another lone nut killer. Do you really place an ex Presidents suspicions and speculations, basically a gut feeling, above all that?

I keep an open mind on the whole thing.

At this point, I doubt it can ever be satisfactorily proven that Oswald alone killed JFK.

Thereís plenty of Smoke surrounding the Conspiracy question and plenty of Holes in the evidence used to conclude Oswald alone killed JFK.

As for Johnsonís opinion, itís historically relevant because it proves that the investigators never seriously investigated the possible Conspiratorial leads in the case. Pressure from the White House and J Edgar Hoover led to evidence being suppressed or ignored. Potential suspects died long before the government took another serious look at the Case in the 1970s.

How anyone can confidently accept the Warren Commissionís conclusions despite all the above mentioned problems, Iím not sure.

I accept that itís plausible based on the known evidence that Oswald alone killed JFK but Iím not convinced that no one else was involved.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2019, 07:05:03 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2019, 03:58:00 PM »
I keep an open mind on the whole thing.

Yeah, sure you do Jon. lol

At this point, I doubt it can ever be satisfactorily proven that Oswald alone killed JFK.

It's already been proven to my and many others satisfaction.

Thereís plenty of Smoke surrounding the Conspiracy question and plenty of Holes in the evidence used to conclude Oswald alone killed JFK.

Oh, so it's a case of no smoke without fire then, is it?

As for Johnsonís opinion, itís historically relevant because it proves that the investigators never seriously investigated the possible Conspiratorial leads in the case. Pressure from the White House and J Edgar Hoover led to evidence being suppressed or ignored. Potential suspects died long before the government took another serious look at the Case in the 1970s.

How anyone can confidently accept the Warren Commissionís conclusions despite all the above mentioned problems, Iím not sure.

I accept that itís plausible based on the known evidence that Oswald alone killed JFK but Iím not convinced that no one else was involved.

It's not a case of accepting the WC's final conclusions, it's a case of examing the evidence and agreeing with WC's final conclusions, huge difference.

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2019, 04:37:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yeah, sure you do Jon. lol

It's already been proven to my and many others satisfaction.

Oh, so it's a case of no smoke without fire then, is it?

It's not a case of accepting the WC's final conclusions, it's a case of examing the evidence and agreeing with WC's final conclusions, huge difference.

We simply donít agree on the Warren Report but Iím glad you deleted your response about the CoverUps. Even the CIA and FBI no longer deny that there were CoverUps.

There are mountains of evidence proving that the decision to go with the ďLone NutĒ explanation was decided within hours of JFKís murder and before all the evidence had been collected and analyzed.

Johnson endorsed the ďLone NutĒ narrative for National Security reasons, not because he believed it...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 04:37:52 PM by Jon Banks »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2019, 04:37:04 PM »

Mobile View