Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Cook? Films Darnell Filming West Face of the TSBD (revised)  (Read 14393 times)

Online James Hackerott

Advertisement
OP correction begins at reply #3.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 12:23:53 AM by James Hackerott »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Cook? Films Darnell Filming West Face of the TSBD
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 05:51:11 AM »
Both were using 15 mm focal lenses on their 16 mm B&W film.

James,

A 15mm lens would be quite "fish eye," wouldn't it?

-- MWT   ;)

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 03:34:29 PM »

It is images such as this that display the Great Distance between the Train Cars and the Pergola. The Dominant/Obscuring appearance of these train car Windows on the Bell Film contradict this distance.  What might the Bell Film have captured in the area between the Pergola and the train cars that these windows obscure?   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 03:34:29 PM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 10:30:17 PM »

I need to make a correction to the OP. That view of the western side of the TSBD was not taken by Jimmy Darnell, but by Don Cook. I found some or all of Darnell's film clip. It was much overexposed and required contrast enhancement. I present the frames along with simulated views from my 3D model for comparison. Also, my statement in the OP that both cameramen used the same focal length lens may not be correct- still working on that. Please disregard my graphics in the previous postings. Thank you.

James

Offline Barry Pollard

Re: Cook? Films Darnell Filming West Face of the TSBD (revised)
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 01:47:10 AM »
Nice detective work James.  So, so far, Darnell is still the only newsman we know of that had some type of rolled up paper in his RH pocket.
And he is filming the westside before Cook does you think?  Since he's not focused on any particular part of it, I'll assume he's just heard something about the building in general, that it might be involved, perhaps the Euins/Harkness event or perhaps Jackson/Haygood.

And am I also right to assume that the footage of the cop, detective or whoever, climbing out one of those same windows(to gain access to a locked room, so the story goes) came about some good time later?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 01:47:10 AM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 02:34:10 AM »
Nice detective work James.  So, so far, Darnell is still the only newsman we know of that had some type of rolled up paper in his RH pocket.
And he is filming the westside before Cook does you think?  Since he's not focused on any particular part of it, I'll assume he's just heard something about the building in general, that it might be involved, perhaps the Euins/Harkness event or perhaps Jackson/Haygood.

And am I also right to assume that the footage of the cop, detective or whoever, climbing out one of those same windows(to gain access to a locked room, so the story goes) came about some good time later?
Barry, thanks for the interesting comments and questions.
Darnell finished his filming of the west side just before Cook began to lower his camera. This was recorded in the Robert Hughes film, at roughly 12:34-12:35 by my estimate.

I think the Weatherford episode is some 10-20 minutes later.

Harkness ? on his DPD 3-wheeler just enters the parking area and Darnell takes off in his direction- as if to intercept him. So, I think Euins has not yet met up with Harkness.

I'm not up on a Jackson/Haygood event, would you fill me in on that?

So why did the west side attract both Darnell and Cook (and a few others in the Hughes film)?  We see that the 5th floor west side's south set of windows are now open (closed in McIntire). It may be that Norman, Williams and Jarmen are actually in those windows, but not picked up in the exposures – like the Prayer Person in Wiegman was hidden so well in the shadows. Just imo.

James

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 06:03:36 AM »
Barry, thanks for the interesting comments and questions.
Darnell finished his filming of the west side just before Cook began to lower his camera. This was recorded in the Robert Hughes film, at roughly 12:34-12:35 by my estimate.

I think the Weatherford episode is some 10-20 minutes later.

Harkness ? on his DPD 3-wheeler just enters the parking area and Darnell takes off in his direction- as if to intercept him. So, I think Euins has not yet met up with Harkness.

I'm not up on a Jackson/Haygood event, would you fill me in on that?

So why did the west side attract both Darnell and Cook (and a few others in the Hughes film)?  We see that the 5th floor west side's south set of windows are now open (closed in McIntire). It may be that Norman, Williams and Jarmen are actually in those windows, but not picked up in the exposures – like the Prayer Person in Wiegman was hidden so well in the shadows. Just imo.

James

James,

How long is the full-length Robert Hughes film?

What do you mean by "at roughly 12:34-12:35 by my estimate"?

-- MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 06:08:21 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 06:03:36 AM »

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 01:02:08 PM »
James, ty,
I think Jackson was the man responsible for Haygood running back to his bike(or to the nearest radio) and calling in that first mention of the TSBD over the air.  I'd have to come back to it later but.

Do you see Underwood there in your Hughes gif James in the long raincoat, well there's another piece of Hughes further west in the carparks that I thought shows Jim, Darnell and perhaps Jackson huddled together, so perhaps Jimmy's source came directly from Bob.

Also Harkness yes :) but was there only one three-wheeler in the RRY proper??
And I think you're right, that's Jimmy working, reacting(to Harkness' siren?) whereas Underwood by comparison, well, there just is none.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 04:03:12 PM by Barry Pollard »