Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Common Ground?  (Read 19046 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Common Ground?
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2019, 09:30:09 PM »
Advertisement

If instead of sides we say faces, please show me where you believe the inner face is.
Being figurative [because that is what we are doing] I would say that it is the one you can't see.
You cannot find common ground on something that remains hidden. How do we know that the inside of that gold coin is nothing but false metal?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2019, 09:30:09 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2019, 10:55:55 PM »
The 4th side of the Coin can never be seen, just like the inside of a Black Hole can never be seen.

Any outside surface of any solid object must have an inside contained within its mass.

This inside volume is a component of the outside surface just as the outside surface is an exterior component of the inside volume.

Repeat: One can't exist without the other.
Repeat..... show me where you think the inside face is in a solid cylinder.

https://www.reference.com/math/many-faces-cylinder-c94b7f73ecbe3745
"A cylinder has three faces or individual surfaces. It is a tube-shaped object that is solid on both ends, rather than hollow. It has one face on each end of the cylinder and a third face that wraps continuously around its shaft."

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2019, 11:52:34 PM »
Or to probably know

You're probably right that Oswald probably did it

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2019, 11:52:34 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2019, 02:43:20 AM »
Not much.  You have two opposing approaches to the evidence.  Those that believe you can derive conclusions from making logical inferences from the facts and evidence and those who don't. 

You have two opposing approaches to the evidence.  Those that believe that wild-ass speculations are ?logical inferences? and those who don't.

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2019, 08:00:15 AM »
Repeat..... show me where you think the inside face is in a solid cylinder.

https://www.reference.com/math/many-faces-cylinder-c94b7f73ecbe3745
"A cylinder has three faces or individual surfaces. It is a tube-shaped object that is solid on both ends, rather than hollow. It has one face on each end of the cylinder and a third face that wraps continuously around its shaft."
I have answered your question already.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/inside
Quote [usually in singular] "The inner side or surface of something"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2019, 08:00:15 AM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2019, 08:47:20 AM »
I have answered your question already.
Where?

I would sooner believe mathematicians.

Lee Kleir, PhD Electrical Engineering and Computer Science & Girls, The University of Texas at Austin (1976)

Originally Answered: In number how many sides does a cylinder have?
"A cylinder has 1 side which wraps around circular areas in the two ends. If the ends are enclosed then there are 2 circular sides for a total of 3 sides, two of which are flat circles and one curved side."

or....

"If it's a solid cylinder then it has three - a circular face at each end and a single surface that goes all the way round the middle which can be 'opened up' as a rectangle

If the cylinder is hollow (technically a tube) then it has two faces - an inner one and an outer one."

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2019, 09:29:11 AM »
Where?

I would sooner believe mathematicians.

Lee Kleir, PhD Electrical Engineering and Computer Science & Girls, The University of Texas at Austin (1976)

Originally Answered: In number how many sides does a cylinder have?
"A cylinder has 1 side which wraps around circular areas in the two ends. If the ends are enclosed then there are 2 circular sides for a total of 3 sides, two of which are flat circles and one curved side."

or....

"If it's a solid cylinder then it has three - a circular face at each end and a single surface that goes all the way round the middle which can be 'opened up' as a rectangle

If the cylinder is hollow (technically a tube) then it has two faces - an inner one and an outer one."
In an earlier post.

Like a Black Hole, the Solid Cylinder has an inside but it can never be seen by the naked eye.

Your Mathematician's logic makes as much sense as putting Harold Shipman in charge of Help The Aged.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2019, 09:29:11 AM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2019, 09:38:27 AM »
In an earlier post.
Repeatedly saying the cylinder has an inside, doesn't prove that it has a side (or face ) inside.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 09:42:09 AM by Ray Mitcham »