Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Collaborative Timeline Project  (Read 1930 times)

Online Colin Crow

Re: Collaborative Timeline Project
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2019, 07:43:16 AM »
From Buddy Walthers' first day statement......my comments in bold

After they left the area with the suspect, me and the officers who were with me got in our car and reported back to sheriff Decker at his office. (Oswald was under arrest  and headed to City Hall by 1.52pm).Sheriff Decker then ordered me, together with Deputy Harry Weatherford and Deputy J. L. Oxford to go to a house at 25115 West 5th Street in Irving, Texas and met some officers from Capt. Will Fritz' office. We arrived at location and met detective Rose and Adamcik from the Homicide division of the Dallas Police Department. (It seems they arrived a few minutes after the detectives, maybe around 2.35pm).

Upon getting to the residence, we were met by Mrs. Michael Payne and upon showing our credentials and advising her who we were, she stated, "It's about the President being shot, Weve been expecting it. Come on in". (Given these comments and the fact that the women were keenly monitoring the news it is doubtful that they are aware that Oswald is under arrest at this time). She informed us that the lady standing beside her was Mrs. Oswald. Mrs. Payne went on to explain that Mrs. Oswald spoke only Russian, however, he would help interpret as she spoke both English and Russian. Upon asking if suspect Oswald lived at this location, she advised that his wife and children lived there, but that Lee Oswald and his wife had been separated and he did not live there. Mrs. Payne gave us permission to search the house or do anything we wanted to and she also, through interpretation, gave us Mrs. Oswald's permission to do the same. Mrs. Payne then gave us a telephone number and stated that was the phone number of Lee Oswald, however, she advised she did not know an address where he was staying. At this time, I called Sheriff Decker and advised him of this and he criss-crossed this telephone number and gave us an address of 1026 North Beckley. He advised he would dispatch other officers to cover this address. About this time, Mr. Michael Payne came to this location. (Other statements by police put the arrival of Michael Paine about 15 minutes after they entered the house, therefore the transferring of the number to Decker by Walthers and discovery of the 1026 N Beckley address could be around 2.50-3.00pm)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 07:43:53 AM by Colin Crow »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2019, 07:43:16 AM »

Online Colin Crow

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2019, 07:58:17 AM »
We also have this from Fritz regarding the discovery of the rooming house......

Mr. FRITZ. When I started to talk to this prisoner or maybe just before I started to talk to him, some officer told me outside of my office that he had a room on Beckley, I don't know who that officer was, I think we can find out, I have since I have talked to you this morning I have talked to Lieutenant Baker and he says I know maybe who that officer was, but I am not sure yet.
Mr. BALL. Some officer told you that he thought this man had a room on Beckley?
Mr. FRITZ. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Had he been brought into the station by that time?
Mr. FRITZ. He was at the station when we got there, you know.
Mr. BALL. He was?
Mr. FRITZ. Yes, sir; so then I talked to him and I asked him where his room was on Beckley.
Mr. BALL. Then you started to interrogate Oswald, did you?
Mr. FRITZ. yes, sir.

Fritz confirms he arrived at City Hall from Decker's office on Houston after Oswald. He claims that the N Beckley address was known before the interrogation started.

Online Colin Crow

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2019, 06:43:45 AM »
Mr. BALL. What did you do when you got there?
Mr. BOYD. Well, we went in and there was a good many people there---I don't recall who all was there--I know we talked to Lieutenant Baker, and he told us that the man that shot Tippit was in the interrogation room and about 5 minutes or so after we were in the office, we took Lee Harvey Oswald out of there and brought him into Captain Fritz' office and he talked to him in there.
Mr. BALL. Tell us about what time of day that was?
Mr. BOYD. I believe it was around 2:20 when we took him out in there; yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. And who was there in the room with Oswald at that time?
Mr. BOYD. With Oswald at that time?
Mr. BALL. You took Oswald into Fritz' office about 2:20?
Mr. BOYD. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Who was there besides Oswald?
Mr. BOYD. Well, Captain Fritz, and let me see, there was some FBI agents.

Mr. STERN. Why don't you tell us now, turning to your memorandum of the November 22 interview of Lee Harvey Oswald, what transpired from the time you first entered Captain Fritz' office.
Mr. HOSTY. As this interview form will show, the interview commenced at 3:15 p.m. I am certain of that time because I checked my wristwatch, and Agent Bookhout checked my wristwatch. We both agreed on the time, 3:15.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2019, 06:43:45 AM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2019, 01:31:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Mr. BALL. What did you do when you got there?
Mr. BOYD. Well, we went in and there was a good many people there---I don't recall who all was there--I know we talked to Lieutenant Baker, and he told us that the man that shot Tippit was in the interrogation room and about 5 minutes or so after we were in the office, we took Lee Harvey Oswald out of there and brought him into Captain Fritz' office and he talked to him in there.

What evidence did they have at 2:15 that he was ?the man that shot Tippit??

Online Colin Crow

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2019, 03:09:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What evidence did they have at 2:15 that he was ?the man that shot Tippit??

John, while the question you pose is interesting in itself, the purpose of the thread is to accumulate a reasonably accurate timeline of events of the day. I have simply used the Boyd testimony as he quoted a specific time. I now need information on when Fritz starts to talk to Oswald in his office. The reason for this is that just prior to that interrogation commencing Fritz instructed the officers to go to 1026 N Beckley. Hosty and Bookout recorded 3.15pm as the time they started.

Does anyone have any ideas when Fritz first started talking to Oswald?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2019, 03:09:36 AM »

Online Colin Crow

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2019, 04:30:34 AM »
This document revises a time when Frazier is first apprehended and when Rose and Stovall take him into custody.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2019, 04:30:34 AM »

Mobile View