Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Howard Brennan showed DPD which window the shots had come from  (Read 17619 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Howard Brennan showed DPD which window the shots had come from
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 04:39:42 PM »
Advertisement
I'm not sure why Brennan is always singled out as the witness to which window the shots came from.  He is certainly an important witness since he gives his report within a few minutes and couldn't be influenced by later reports.

We don't know what Brennan may or may not have said "within a few minutes".

But Bob Jackson saw a rifle in that window and pointed it out to Couch who also saw it.

Jackson said "I saw the rifle, or what looked like a rifle approximately half of weapon, I guess I saw".  Couch said "And seeing about a foot of a rifle being - the barrel brought into the window. I saw no one in the window - just a quick 1-second glance at the barrel", and that was after Jackson said "there's the rifle", so it's not like it was an independent identification of an actual rifle.  Also keep in mind that these are recollections over 4 months later after the narrative was firmly planted in the American psyche.

Conclusion:  they caught a brief glimpse of something narrow sticking out of a window after hearing shots and assumed it was a rifle.  Just like Marina saw part of something in a rolled and tied blanket and assumed it was a rifle.  Ruth Paine tells us what Marina said to her before she mistranslated it to the police.

Mrs. PAINE - And she indicated to me that she had peered into this roll and saw a portion of what she took to be a gun she knew her husband to have, a rifle. And I then translated this to the officers that she knew that her husband had a gun that he had stored in here.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 04:39:42 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2019, 04:44:43 PM »
Incidentally, here's a photo I took from Brennan's position on a recent trip to Dealey Plaza.

Jackson and Couch would have been another half a block away.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 05:14:06 PM »

Exactly, Mr Iacoletti----and the point applies to Mr Euins too, as well as to the witnesses (if neither Mr Brennan nor Mr Euins) who gave Patrolmen Hill & Brewer the information behind their 12:37 p.m. dispatches!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 05:14:06 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2019, 05:17:45 PM »
Semi-on-topic question!

Mr Brennan, in his same-day affidavit, says:

"He was a white man in his early 30's, slender, nice looking, slender and would weigh about 165 to 175 pounds."

What does "nice looking" mean here? Neat?

Thumb1:

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 05:57:17 PM »

In JAQer/CTer wonderland, it couldashouldawoulda been a curtain-rod 'something narrow' sticking out that window. Or maybe a yardstick.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 05:58:40 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 05:57:17 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2019, 06:08:22 PM »
In JAQer/CTer wonderland, it couldashouldawoulda been a curtain-rod 'something narrow' sticking out that window. Or maybe a yardstick.

In ODIA wonderland, "if I want to believe there was a rifle, then there was a rifle".

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2019, 06:46:36 PM »

Jackson said "I saw the rifle, or what looked like a rifle approximately half of weapon, I guess I saw".  Couch said "And seeing about a foot of a rifle being - the barrel brought into the window. I saw no one in the window - just a quick 1-second glance at the barrel", and that was after Jackson said "there's the rifle", so it's not like it was an independent identification of an actual rifle.  Also keep in mind that these are recollections over 4 months later after the narrative was firmly planted in the American psyche.

Conclusion:  they caught a brief glimpse of something narrow sticking out of a window after hearing shots and assumed it was a rifle.  Just like Marina saw part of something in a rolled and tied blanket and assumed it was a rifle.  Ruth Paine tells us what Marina said to her before she mistranslated it to the police.

Mrs. PAINE - And she indicated to me that she had peered into this roll and saw a portion of what she took to be a gun she knew her husband to have, a rifle. And I then translated this to the officers that she knew that her husband had a gun that he had stored in here.

It was probably the rifle.. but by all means, feel free to suggest what else the 'something narrow' could have been.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 07:11:52 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2019, 06:46:36 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2019, 07:08:45 PM »
In ODIA wonderland, "if I want to believe there was a rifle, then there was a rifle".

In JAQer/CTer wonderland, 'if I want to believe there was no rifle, then there was no rifle'

BTW, I'm not ODIA
I'm OPDIA

;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 07:22:04 PM by Bill Chapman »