Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?  (Read 58788 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2018, 07:22:08 PM »
Advertisement
The WC was stuck with Whaley who the DPD came up with.

The WC (and Whaley) get all entangled in this quarter hour trip time nonsense because BALL/BELIN have to work backwards from a close to one o'clock rooming house arrival. They settle on a Whaley triptime of 5:30, meaning "Oswald" entered cab @12:47/48 and exited @12:54.

Looking at Whaley's trip sheet the WC can't even get their start time inside the window in Whaley's trip sheet (12:30 - 12:45)!

This part of the testimony shows BALL is totally screwed when it comes to actual vs guestimated times:

Mr. WHALEY. 12 o'clock I got a call to the Travis Hotel. I have got it marked 16 which is the Continental bus station, stand No. 15, 55 cents. I unloaded that at 12:15.
Mr. BALL. Then where did you go at 12:15 according to you record?
Mr. WHALEY. According to my record I got a pickup at the Continental bus station which is stand 16 and went to the Greyhound which is 55 cents. I unloaded at the Greyhound, I have got it marked 12:30. See there is that 15 minutes you say I am off, I just mark it 15, I don't put the correct time on the sheet because they don't require it, sir, but anywhere approximate.
Mr. BALL. In other words, it took you about 15 minutes to go--
Mr. WHALEY. It actually took about nine minutes, sir.
Mr. BALL. And you put the trip ending Greyhound around 12:30?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.

BOOM: The pre-"Oswald" trip actually started 12:21 and ended, ACTUALLY, at 12:30 as stated in Whaley's AFFIDAVIT.

Mr. BALL. You remember that trip, do you, you remember the fact that you took the trip to the Greyhound and parked your car at the Greyhound or your cab at the Greyhound, don't you?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir; I remember it.
Mr. BALL. Were you standing at the Greyhound, at your cab stand at the Greyhound, long before you picked up another passenger?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir, there was no one at the Greyhound stand and when I unloaded at the door I just pulled up about 30 feet to the stand and stopped and then I wanted a package of cigarettes, I was out so I started to get out and I saw this passenger coming so I waited for him.

"Oswald" was there right after 12:30, just when he also left the TSBD - OOPS.

The Comission tried to dismantle that bomb by calling it speculation but was sunk by Whaley himself:

Speculation.?The log of the cabdriver who took Oswald to North
Beckley Avenue, William W. Whaley, shows that Oswald entered his
cab at 12 :30 p.m. Since this occurred at some distance from the point
of the President's assassination, Oswald could not have shot the
President.
GommAssion finding.?Whaley's log does show 12 :30 p.m., but he has
testified that he was not accurate in logging the time that passengers
entered his cab, that he usually logged them at 15-minute intervals,
and that it was undoubtedly some time later than 12 :30 when Oswald
entered his cab. Sometimes he did not make entries in his logbook
until three or four trips later. The bus transfer in Oswald's possession
was issued after 12 :36 p.m. The Commission has determined that
Oswald probably entered Whaley's cab at about 12 :47 or 12 :48 p.m.^54

NOTE early times in trip sheet where Whaley logs idle time as low as 10 minutes between trips.

BOOM: The pre-"Oswald" trip actually started 12:21 and ended, ACTUALLY, at 12:30 as stated in Whaley's AFFIDAVIT.

I believe Whaley said that he dropped a passenger at the Greyhound bus station at 12:15 and then sat awaiting a call.At 12:20 he was parked in front of the Greyhound Depot and then moved forward to be the next  cab out.....He thought he would have time to step inside  buy a pack of cigarettes when the "wino" who was dressed in blue workman's uniform , and rumpled clothes ( "he looked like he had slept in his clothes" ) hailed him and asked him for a ride.

His handwritten affidavit clearly says it was 12:20 when he was parked an awaiting his turn to be next in line.  The wino in the blue work cloths entered his cab at about 12:30.....he wino was NOT Lee Oswald..,

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2018, 07:22:08 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2018, 07:47:03 PM »
Finally we reach the Alamo defense.  THE EVIDENCE was faked.  LOL.  Just answer one simple question.  Why would your fantasy conspirators go to the trouble and risk to create the impression that Oswald was on a bus that took him absolutely nowhere?  Necessitating somehow knowing which bus to place him on, convincing those on the bus not to say otherwise (or to confirm his presence), and then to forever keep quiet.  Spin us a yarn.  Martin has embarrassed himself.  But maybe you can explain it.

Who said anything about the bus transfer being faked as much f the so called evidence is???

Why would your fantasy conspirators go to the trouble and risk to create the impression that Oswald was on a bus that took him absolutely nowhere?

HUH???.....   What the hell you been smokin??   I've never even hinted hat Lee wasn't on Cecil  Mc Watter's bus....( even though I don't believe Mrs Bledsoe)

I'm merely questioning how the transfer entered the evidence stream.....And due to it's pristine condition, I don't believe it was in Lee's pocket when he was dragged from the theater....

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2018, 12:18:31 AM »
Whenever either of you two can show something which casts doubt on the theory that Oswald had the cab go past the rooming house so that he could determine if the authorities were already there, then I'll be glad to have a look.

Whenever you can show that Oswald had the cab go past the rooming house so that he could determine if the authorities were already there, then I'll be glad to have a look.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2018, 12:18:31 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2018, 12:21:49 AM »
Remember, Oswald first walked south after exiting Whaley's cab to throw off Whaley about his true destination.

Talk about a circular argument!  Assume that Oswald was trying to evade the police in order to show that Oswald was trying to evade the police.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2018, 12:25:55 AM »
LOL.  That is because you can't follow along as usual.  Your fantasy conspirators must have been fast to construct this "after the fact" since Oswald's cab and bus ride became known pretty quickly.

What Fantasy Conspirators, Strawman Smith?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2018, 12:25:55 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2018, 12:26:59 AM »
Why is it that nearly all (if not all) LNs have this massive superiority complex?

They use it to make up for their lack of evidence.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2018, 12:40:29 AM »
They use it to make up for their lack of evidence.

Yeah....Well it falls far short.    Mytton is probably the most intellectually dishonest person posting.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2018, 12:40:29 AM »

Online Bill Brown

« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2018, 04:32:08 AM »
Whenever you can show that Oswald had the cab go past the rooming house so that he could determine if the authorities were already there, then I'll be glad to have a look.

After reviewing every aspect, it's my opinion that Oswald gave Whaley the 500 North Beckley destination so that he could determine if law enforcement was at 1026 North Beckley.  Nothing you have posted comes close to swaying my opinion on that.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:35:53 AM by Bill Brown »