Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?  (Read 56770 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 12:36:14 PM »
Advertisement
Walt,

People did not have as much access to time devices in the 60's and often were less precise than people today, who are saturated with time keeping devices (watch, mobile phones, PC's).
12:30 could mean anywhere within 15 mins of that time.

That's silly.....  We've been "on the clock" since we became an industrialized nation.   On the farm the clock was unimportant.....   The sun regulated he work day.....  The work day was sunrise to sunset.....

I understand that you'd like us to believe that Whaley paid no attention to the clock....  But in reality he watched the clock very closely.  He knew EXACTLY how long it took to travel between points in Dallas.   

On a different note....
Bookhout wrote, "Following his departure form the Texas School Book Depository, he boarded a city bus to his residence and obtained a transfer upon departure from the bus. He stated that officers at the time of arresting him took the transfer out of his pocket?.

Question:  How many transfers did Lee have?   The cops removed one from his pocket at the time of his arrest, and they removed another one from his pocket at about 4:00pm when he was booked.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 12:36:14 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 12:51:59 PM »
While I'm waiting for Mr Mc Breary to gather the courage to answer the question, perhaps Billy Bob will answer the question I asked of him in another thread.... 

I've moved that post into this thread .........

Billy Bob Brown weote:...

The only thing that is utter nonsense is your belief that there is no chance in hell that Oswald couldn't know, during his thirty minute trek to Oak Cliff, what the authorities had learned about him by that point.

Taking the cab past the rooming house to see if the police were there makes perfect sense.

Taking the cab past the rooming house to see if the police were there makes perfect sense.

So on one hand you're saying that the arch villain Lee Harrrrrvey Osssswald decided on the spur of the moment to murder JFK....and he had no accomplices ...He was just a lone nut.    Therefore nobody could have been prepared before hand to stop him from assassinating JFK or intercept him after the murder.....

But in this post you're presenting the idea that the cops did know where he lived and they were prepared to intercept him, and he was concerned that they might be waiting for him to show up at the rooming house less than thirty minutes after the murder.

Do I have that right, Billy Bob?

The only thing that is utter nonsense is your belief that there is no chance in hell that Oswald couldn't know, during his thirty minute trek to Oak Cliff, what the authorities had learned about him by that point.

So tell me Billy Bob.... HOW did the arch villain learn that "the authorities had learned about him at that point"

Do you believe that in addition to all of the other magical qualities that have been attributed to Lee Oswald,he had the ability to know what was transpiring ( you imagine was transpiring) back at the TSBD??

Offline John Anderson

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 04:36:28 PM »
Being seen by Truly and Baker would have rattled his cage.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 04:36:28 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 04:55:46 PM »

And not being arrested. Sure.... :D

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 05:39:06 PM »

Ya....He was really rattled :-\....   Baker must have thought that Lee was the best actor he had  ever seen....  He had just blew JFK's brains out, but he was such a cool actor....that he showed not a hint of excitement or fear when Baker confronted him with his gun drawn...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 06:46:47 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 05:39:06 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 08:04:41 PM »

Mr Anderson perhaps you can give Billy Bob Brown a hand......  Billy Bob believes that Lee was apprehensive and worried that the authorities were waiting for him at the rooming house.   Perhaps you could tell Billy Bob how you know that Lee was really rattled when officer Baker confronted him with his gun drawn.  Officer Baker couldn't detect that he had "rattled his (Lee's) cage" ...but if Lee was rattled as you have stated, then perhaps you can help Billy and apprise him of your amazing powers to know what Lee Oswald was feeling and thinking in the half hour after he left the TSBD to go to the movie.

Paul McBrearty

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 11:00:34 PM »
Only a fool would think that their unsupported opinion carries more weight than the actual evidence.

Only a fool would believe that my opinion which is actually a fact is not supported by the actual evidence and only a fool would believe that I would make a statement of fact without actual evidence. Your good at making unsupported opinions by twisting the actual evidence from reality into the fantasy realm in which you reside sir.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 11:00:34 PM »

Offline John Anderson

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2018, 11:03:58 PM »
Mr Anderson perhaps you can give Billy Bob Brown a hand......  Billy Bob believes that Lee was apprehensive and worried that the authorities were waiting for him at the rooming house.   Perhaps you could tell Billy Bob how you know that Lee was really rattled when officer Baker confronted him with his gun drawn.  Officer Baker couldn't detect that he had "rattled his (Lee's) cage" ...but if Lee was rattled as you have stated, then perhaps you can help Billy and apprise him of your amazing powers to know what Lee Oswald was feeling and thinking in the half hour after he left the TSBD to go to the movie.

You really believe he left the TSBD to go to a movie? The mind boggles. How would I know what Oswald was feeling and thinking after he left? I'd hazard a guess he didn't expect to get out alive but he did. I'd hazard a guess he didn't know himself what he was going to do next. Knowing if the rifle was found it would be traced back to him it would seem likely he wasn't intending to just carry on with life as normal. Of course if the rifle wasn't found things would be different. We can only speculate. He damn well nearly got out the building unseen despite the odds of that being pretty low. So low a lot of folks won't believe he got down the stairs the way he did. He wasn't quite unseen though because Truly and Baker saw him. Had that not happened Truly may not even have noticed he was missing later who knows. Had that not happened Tippit might not have stopped him and been shot who knows.

Brown's speculation regarding driving past his rooming house to check it was clear, before stopping  is a fair one. There's not a lot more we can do except speculate regarding a lot of his actions. One thing is for sure though. He didn't go to the cinema because he wanted to watch a movie. You know that. You're up there with Caprio in the land of spombleprofglidnoctobuns stirring.