Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why Did False Defector Nosenko Say KGB Had No Contact With Oswald In USSR?  (Read 4224 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Advertisement
Why did false defector Yuri Nosenko say in January, 1964, that the KGB hadn't even interviewed Oswald during the two and one-half years he lived in the USSR?

(Fwiw, my hero Tennent H. Bagley didn't believe Oswald killed JFK at the direction of the KGB, but did think that, based on Nosenko's denials, one of the reasons KGB sent Nosenko to the U.S. was to prevent CIA/FBI from discovering some relationship Oswald had had with KGB before he defected to the USSR.)

Another possibility is that Nosenko told J. Edgar "Egg On Face" Hoover exactly what he wanted to hear about Oswald so that Hoover would automatically believe what he said about other subject matters, e.g., "Neither the CIA nor the FBI have any KGB moles."

(LOL)

-- Mudd Wrassler Tommy  :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 08:28:10 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Thomas Graves

Here's a good, accurate article from August, 2017, from ... gasp ... that evil, evil, evil "Deep State Disinfo Agent" The Washington Post.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2017/08/16/foul-traitor-new-jfk-assassination-records-reveal-kgb-defectors-three-year-interrogation/?utm_term=.69d198e040a4

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 08:48:00 PM by Thomas Graves »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Nosenko's claims about the treatment of Oswald were supported by the documents released by Yeltsin and by interviews by Mailer et al. (he had help) with the KGB agents who were assigned to monitor Oswald. After his suicide attempt the KGB considered him unstable and not worthy of use. In fact they were relieved when he decided to return to the US. The evidence is he was never formally interrogated by KGB officials.

Second: Nosenko was determined to be a authentic KGB defector. The head of foreign counter intelligence operations for the USSR in the 1970s was/is Oleg Kalugin. Kalugin defected to the US in the 1980s. He say Nosenko was genuine and that when he defected it caused major problems for the KGB. Agents and assets had to be reassigned, et cetera. Kalugin also says Putin is a fascist war criminal who should be prosecuted for high crimes. He's no lackey for Moscow.

There is no evidence that you have cited that the guard at the Soviet Embassy in Mexico was a "triple agent." Nowhere do I see in Angleton's testimony in the Church Committee does he mention this. You've been asked to cite this. Please do so. I don't see it mentioned anywhere.

The person who visited the Soviet Embassy and met Kostikov was indeed Lee Oswald. Oswald wanted a visa; he wanted to go to Cuba. He hated the Soviet Union.

Now, you can reject all of this as being KGB/Russian/Soviet disinformation. That's your prerogative but in doing so leave me with nothing to say. Because whatever I cite will be dismissed by you as being lies.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 09:30:40 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Thomas Graves

Dear Steve,

You haven't read Bagley's Spy Wars or his 35-page pdf Ghosts of the Spy Wars, or even watched John Newman's two-part youtube Spy Wars presentation from last March, have you?

Pity that.

If you'd read Bagley's book, you'd realize that not only was Nosenko a false defector (as now acknowledged by none other than John Newman and Peter Dale Scott), but that KGB was much more highly compartmentalized than our CIA, and that in very impostant cases it sometimes misled most of its own officers so that they would unwittingly spread disinformation, themselves (Kalugin and Gordievsky come to mind as regards the subject at hand), so "in my book," it's either that, or Kalugin and Gordievsky are still working for the "KGB" (telling the U.S. 98% truth, and 2% very important lies).

Here's Bagley's pdf:
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/08850607.2014.962362
(I highly suggest that you read the six pages that constitute The McCoy Intervention part of it.)

PS  Instead of my giving you potentially confusing instructions on how to go about finding the pertinent Angleton quotes in his 1) June 19, 1975, and 2) in his February 9, 1976 CHURCH COMMITTEE TESTIMONY, why don't you just go to chapters 5 and 6 of Bill Simpich's State Secret and then press "F" and "Ctrl" simultaneously (for each of those two chapters, obviously), and type in the search term byetkov ?

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/State_Secret.html

PPS  This is a FB message I sent to Bill Simpich on 9/14/18, followed by his reply:

Hi Bill.

I'm dropping this note to you to let you know that I've recently realized that the triple-agent "Byetkov*?" JJA referred to in his June 19, 1975, Church Committee testimony must have Ivan Obyedkov (pronounced ah-bee-ED-cough), the Soviet embassy security guard who volunteered Kostikov's name to "Oswald" on 10/01/63.  It's easy for me to see how the stenographer could misspell Obyedkov's  name like that. Also, it's interesting that Oybedkov's 201 file has so many redactions in it.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=157254&search=201-779495#relPageId=1&tab=page

Thanks,
-- Tom

Here's Simpich's unedited 9/14/18 reply:

That is a great find. I spent a lot of time puzzling over that one. I tried to solve it the wrong way, assuming it started with a B.  I do believe you have solved it.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:22:23 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
Okay, Duncan. "Message" received loud and clear, but what about James "Jumbo Duh" DiEugenio? Is it OK for me to refer to him that way?  And how about Jefferson "Intellectually-Dishonest" Morley?  Is that cool?))

There's no rule which refers to non members of this Forum.  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Jerry Freeman

Just briefly off topic...What happened to the Oswald in Mexico City thread?

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
Just briefly off topic...What happened to the Oswald in Mexico City thread?
The member who created the thread requested that his membership be terminated, and that the complete record of his content contributions here be deleted, including posted quotes and partial quotes of his contributed content by other members.
Unfortunately, in order to fulfill his request, contributing posts by other member's had be deleted.
The rules regarding membership termination have since been amended.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Thomas Graves

Steve M. Galbraith,

You wrote:

Nosenko's claims about the treatment of Oswald were supported by the documents released by Yeltsin and by interviews by Mailer et al. (he had help) with the KGB agents who were assigned to monitor Oswald. After his suicide attempt the KGB considered him unstable and not worthy of use. In fact they were relieved when he decided to return to the US. The evidence is he was never formally interrogated by KGB officials.

Second: Nosenko was determined to be a authentic KGB defector. The head of foreign counter intelligence operations for the USSR in the 1970s was/is Oleg Kalugin. Kalugin defected to the US in the 1980s. He say Nosenko was genuine and that when he defected it caused major problems for the KGB. Agents and assets had to be reassigned, et cetera. Kalugin also says Putin is a fascist war criminal who should be prosecuted for high crimes. He's no lackey for Moscow.

There is no evidence that you have cited that the guard at the Soviet Embassy in Mexico was a "triple agent." Nowhere do I see in Angleton's testimony in the Church Committee does he mention this. You've been asked to cite this. Please do so. I don't see it mentioned anywhere.

The person who visited the Soviet Embassy and met Kostikov was indeed Lee Oswald. Oswald wanted a visa; he wanted to go to Cuba. He hated the Soviet Union.

Now, you can reject all of this as being KGB/Russian/Soviet disinformation. That's your prerogative but in doing so leave me with nothing to say. Because whatever I cite will be dismissed by you as being lies.

(My reply)

Dear Steve,

You haven't read Bagley's Spy Wars or his 35-page pdf Ghosts of the Spy Wars, or even watched John Newman's two-part youtube Spy Wars presentation from last March, have you?

Pity that.

If you'd read Bagley's book, you'd realize that not only was Nosenko a false defector (as now acknowledged by none other than John Newman and Peter Dale Scott), but that KGB was much more highly compartmentalized than our CIA, and that in very impostant cases it sometimes misled most of its own officers so that they would unwittingly spread disinformation, themselves (Kalugin and Gordievsky come to mind as regards the subject at hand), so "in my book," it's either that, or Kalugin and Gordievsky are still working for the "KGB" (telling the U.S. 98% truth, and 2% very important lies).

Here's Bagley's pdf:
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/08850607.2014.962362
(I highly suggest that you read the six pages that constitute The McCoy Intervention part of it.)

PS  Instead of my giving you potentially confusing instructions on how to go about finding the pertinent Angleton quotes in his 1) June 19, 1975, and 2) in his February 9, 1976 CHURCH COMMITTEE TESTIMONY, why don't you just go to chapters 5 and 6 of Bill Simpich's State Secret and then press "F" and "Ctrl" simultaneously (for each of those two chapters, obviously), and type in the search term byetkov

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/State_Secret.html

PPS  This is a FB message I sent to Bill Simpich on 9/14/18, followed by his reply:

Hi Bill.

I'm dropping this note to you to let you know that I've recently realized that the triple-agent "Byetkov*?" JJA referred to in his June 19, 1975, Church Committee testimony must have Ivan Obyedkov (pronounced ah-bee-ED-cough), the Soviet embassy security guard who volunteered Kostikov's name to "Oswald" on 10/01/63.  It's easy for me to see how the stenographer could misspell Obyedkov's  name like that. Also, it's interesting that Oybedkov's 201 file has so many redactions in it.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=157254&search=201-779495#relPageId=1&tab=page

Thanks,
-- Tom

Here's Simpich's unedited 9/14/18 reply:

That is a great find. I spent a lot of time puzzling over that one. I tried to solve it the wrong way, assuming it started with a B.  I do believe you have solved it.

Being particularly fond of this post, I'm bumping it so that Steve [M.] Galbraith might read it and actually reply to it.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:29:26 PM by Thomas Graves »