Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who Was This Man?  (Read 3612 times)

Offline Rob Caprio

Who Was This Man?
« on: December 18, 2018, 06:03:34 PM »
Advertisement
https://www.historymatters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/html/WH_Vol16_0331b.htm

Who was this man depicted in Commission Exhibit 237? Initially it was claimed to be Lee Harvey Oswald in Mexico City, Mexico, but we can clearly see that it is not him.

So who is it? And why was it claimed that it was LHO? Furthermore, why was Michael Paine asked if he knew the man in CE 237? And why did Michael Paine think he could have worked at Bell Helicopter?

Mr. LIEBELER - I show you a photograph which depicts the same individual as is depicted in Commission Exhibit No. 237 and ask you to examine it and tell me if you recognize the individual?

Mr. PAINE - I remember the same face on a picture that I saw earlier, but I had not at that time, and do not now, recognize the person., but he could work at Bell.

JFK Assassination Forum

Who Was This Man?
« on: December 18, 2018, 06:03:34 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Who Was This Man?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 10:20:40 PM »
https://www.historymatters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/html/WH_Vol16_0331b.htm

Who was this man depicted in Commission Exhibit 237? Initially it was claimed to be Lee Harvey Oswald in Mexico City, Mexico, but we can clearly see that it is not him.

So who is it? And why was it claimed that it was LHO? Furthermore, why was Michael Paine asked if he knew the man in CE 237? And why did Michael Paine think he could have worked at Bell Helicopter?

Mr. LIEBELER - I show you a photograph which depicts the same individual as is depicted in Commission Exhibit No. 237 and ask you to examine it and tell me if you recognize the individual?

Mr. PAINE - I remember the same face on a picture that I saw earlier, but I had not at that time, and do not now, recognize the person., but he could work at Bell.

Rob,

That man (the "Mexico City Mystery Man") is an unknown man who was reported to have been in Mexico City for two or three weeks (last photographed on the 14th, iirc), and to have visited the Cuban and Soviet consulates several times while there.

To my knowledge, he was first photographed leaving the Cuban Consulate on Wednesday, October 2, and Anne Goodpasture, evidently not having a photo of Oswald but desperately needing one of some American-looking guy / any American-looking guy at said consulate on-or-around Tuesday, October 1 (when Oswald, or more likely a Russian impersonator of Oswald, made a call from an unknown location outside the consulate to triple-agent/Soviet Embassy security guard Ivan Obyedkov, who oh-so conveniently "volunteered" the radioactive name "Kostikov" to "Oswald" over a Soviet Embassy phone line that the KGB must have suspected was tapped by CIA) in order to "attach" it to Oswald's name (perhaps even as a marked card) in a mole-hunting cable, so she chose this guy's photo since it was the nearest one to Tuesday, October 1 that she had access to.

-- Tommy  :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 10:39:30 PM by Thomas Graves »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 10:36:42 PM »
Rob,

That man (the "Mexico City Mystery Man") is an unknown man who was reported to have been in Mexico City for two or three weeks (last photographed on the 14th, iirc), and to have visited the Cuban and Soviet consulates several times while there.

He was first photographed leaving the Cuban Consulate on Wednesday, October 2, and Anne Goodpasture, evidently not having a photo of Oswald but desperately needing one of some American-looking guy / any American-looking guy at said consulate on-or-around Tuesday, October 1 (when Oswald, or more likely a Russian impersonator of Oswald made a call from an unknown location outside the consulate to triple-agent Ivan Obyedkov -- who conveniently volunteered the radioactive name "Kostikov" to Oswald -- at the Soviet Embassy) to attach to Oswald's name in a mole-hunting cable, so she chose this guy's photo since it was the nearest Tuesday, October 1 that she had access to.

Oleg Nechiporenko, the KGB/Soviet Embassy officer who along with two other Soviet agents met Oswald when the latter visited seeking a visa, said the man was an American who had visited the Embassy several times over the previous weeks seeking a visa or asylum (I can't recall which) and was considered an oddball. Both Kostikov and Nechiporenko said they would try to hand off these oddball characters who visited the Embassy to one another.

I believe the photo was taken outside the Soviet Embassy not the Cuban consulate. Reportedly, Goodpasture reviewed the photos taken of individuals outside the Embassy on Tuesday, had heard that Oswald had phoned the Embassy that Tuesday, and erroneously thought one of the photos was Oswald.

I have never heard that he visited the Cuban consulate as well.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 10:36:42 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 10:46:10 PM »
Oleg Nechiporenko, the KGB/Soviet Embassy officer who along with two other Soviet agents met Oswald when the latter visited seeking a visa, said the man was an American who had visited the Embassy several times over the previous weeks seeking a visa or asylum (I can't recall which) and was considered an oddball. Both Kostikov and Nechiporenko said they would try to hand off these oddball characters who visited the Embassy to one another.

I believe the photo was taken outside the Soviet Embassy not the Cuban consulate. Reportedly, Goodpasture reviewed the photos taken of individuals outside the Embassy on Tuesday, had heard that Oswald had phoned the Embassy that Tuesday, and erroneously thought one of the photos was Oswald.

I have never heard that he visited the Cuban consulate as well.

Steve,

Nechiporenko might be telling the truth here, but why believe Nechiporenko about anything?

Because he tells you what you want to hear?

Two separate questions: 

1)  Do you believe Yuri Nosenko was a true defector?

2)  How about Aleksei Kulak (Hoover's beloved and shielded-from-the-CIA "Fedora")?  Was he a true double-agent, secretly working for the U.S.?

LOL

PS  I was going from memory on which consulates M.C.M.M. had visited.

PPS  "Reportedly" by whom?

PPPS  Here he is at the Cuban Embassy on October 15.
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=4172&relPageId=65
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 11:26:42 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 11:28:20 PM »
Rob,

To my knowledge, he was first photographed leaving the Cuban Consulate on Wednesday, October 2, and Anne Goodpasture, evidently not having a photo of Oswald but desperately needing one of some American-looking guy / any American-looking guy at said consulate on-or-around Tuesday, October 1 (when Oswald, or more likely a Russian impersonator of Oswald, made a call from an unknown location outside the consulate to triple-agent/Soviet Embassy security guard Ivan Obyedkov, who oh-so conveniently "volunteered" the radioactive name "Kostikov" to "Oswald" over a Soviet Embassy phone line that the KGB must have suspected was tapped by CIA) in order to "attach" it to Oswald's name (perhaps even as a marked card) in a mole-hunting cable, so she chose this guy's photo since it was the nearest one to Tuesday, October 1 that she had access to.

He looks like Jim Hicks to me. Richard Case Nagell said that the man was Johnny Devereaux and he was with the CIA.

Why did the WC think that Michael Paine might know him?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 11:28:20 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 12:50:50 AM »
He looks like Jim Hicks to me. Richard Case Nagell said that the man was Johnny Devereaux and he was with the CIA.

Why did the WC think that Michael Paine might know him?
Rob,

If you already believe he's Jim Hicks, why did you start this thread?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 02:04:40 AM »
The big guy in the foreground bears resemblance to 'Mexico City Oswald'

The lump on the wrist of Roscoe White looks just like the wrist of the guy in the BY photos.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 02:04:40 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 03:08:14 AM »

JohnM