Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: USPS workers screwing things up i.e..LHO receiving c2766  (Read 46026 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: USPS workers screwing things up i.e..LHO receiving c2766
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2018, 10:13:47 PM »
Advertisement
You are again confusing what is possible with what is probable.  Almost anything is theoretically possible.  The only indication I remember of rebarreling the rifle relates to the Italians during WWII.  Does the plot go back to Mussolini?   Finding a rifle at the scene of the assassination on the floor from which witnesses confirmed they saw a rifle at the moment of the assassination "means nothing"?  That rifle is linked to an employee of the building who flees the building.  You think that is not important but subjective claims like "who would want a sling" are important?  They have to draw a sling on the photo to "give the illusion" that it is combat ready?  I'm not even sure what the means.  I don't think anyone believes you need a sling on a rifle to shoot someone with it.  That is pretty far out stuff.

The only indication I remember of rebarreling the rifle relates to the Italians during WWII.  Does the plot go back to Mussolini?

The FBI testified that the barrel had been replaced on CE 139.    They couldn't have known WHEN that barrel had been replaced...  Wise guy!

Finding a rifle at the scene of the assassination on the floor from which witnesses confirmed they saw a rifle at the moment of the assassination "means nothing"?  That rifle is linked to an employee of the building who flees the building.

Where do think the conspirators who were setting Lee up, should have planted the rifle....  In Mr Caster office?  Is that where Detective Day spotted the paper sack that was SHAPED LIKE A GUN CASE ( triangular shaped)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2018, 10:13:47 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2018, 10:50:47 PM »
The old automated response when you are "sunk."  There is a ton of supporting evidence cited.  Photos, documents, prints, serial numbers, witness testimony.  It's almost impossible to dream up any further evidence that is lacking from the record.

No, there isn't. The evidence that the WC provided us with does NOT support their claims. End of story.

We wouldn't be discussing this fifty-five years later IF it did. You're 🚣‍♀️.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2018, 11:45:39 PM »
The only indication I remember of rebarreling the rifle relates to the Italians during WWII.  Does the plot go back to Mussolini?

The FBI testified that the barrel had been replaced on CE 139.    They couldn't have known WHEN that barrel had been replaced...  Wise guy!

Finding a rifle at the scene of the assassination on the floor from which witnesses confirmed they saw a rifle at the moment of the assassination "means nothing"?  That rifle is linked to an employee of the building who flees the building.

Where do think the conspirators who were setting Lee up, should have planted the rifle....  In Mr Caster office?  Is that where Detective Day spotted the paper sack that was SHAPED LIKE A GUN CASE ( triangular shaped)

How about citing the specific FBI testimony that you are referring too and we wouldn't have to guess?  As I said, the only FBI testimony that I saw along those lines related to the Italians rebarreling the guns DURING WWII.  They knew the timeframe because the purpose of the rebarreling related to the type of ammunition available during the war.

Mr. EISENBERG - Is there any reason that you can think of why this Exhibit 139 might be thought to be a 7.35- or 7.65-caliber rifle?
Mr. FRAZIER - From outward appearances, it could be a 7.35-mm. rifle, because, basically, that is what it is. But its mechanism has been rebarreled with a 6.5 mm. barrel. Photographs of the weapons are similar, unless you make a very particular study of the photographs of the original model 38 Italian military rifle, which is 7.35 mm.
Early in the Second World War, however, the Italian Government barreled many of these rifles with a 6.5 mm. barrel, since they had a quantity of that ammunition on hand. I presume that would be the most logical way of confusing this weapon with one of a larger caliber.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 11:47:36 PM by Richard Smith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2018, 11:45:39 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2018, 12:59:03 AM »
How about citing the specific FBI testimony that you are referring too and we wouldn't have to guess?  As I said, the only FBI testimony that I saw along those lines related to the Italians rebarreling the guns DURING WWII.  They knew the timeframe because the purpose of the rebarreling related to the type of ammunition available during the war.

Mr. EISENBERG - Is there any reason that you can think of why this Exhibit 139 might be thought to be a 7.35- or 7.65-caliber rifle?
Mr. FRAZIER - From outward appearances, it could be a 7.35-mm. rifle, because, basically, that is what it is. But its mechanism has been rebarreled with a 6.5 mm. barrel. Photographs of the weapons are similar, unless you make a very particular study of the photographs of the original model 38 Italian military rifle, which is 7.35 mm.
Early in the Second World War, however, the Italian Government barreled many of these rifles with a 6.5 mm. barrel, since they had a quantity of that ammunition on hand. I presume that would be the most logical way of confusing this weapon with one of a larger caliber.

The FBI testified that there were marks on the barrel that were made by the tool used to tighten the barrel in the receiver when the barrel was replaced...

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2018, 02:14:49 AM »
The FBI testified that there were marks on the barrel that were made by the tool used to tighten the barrel in the receiver when the barrel was replaced...

How about citing us to the exact testimony instead of paraphrasing?  I don't believe the FBI ever indicated that the barrel was ever replaced before the assassination.  It was disassembled and assembled.  Likely a misunderstanding of how the 6.5 came about as a modification during WWII as Frazier indicated.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2018, 02:14:49 AM »

Offline Rick McGlothlin

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2018, 11:56:28 AM »
Agree that it could have been a legitimate mistake.  After all, mistakes do happen.

However, IMO (I'm not a marksman) a would-be assassin is unlikely to accomplish the damage (even as stated in WC) to two human beings (in mere seconds) with a faulty, slow-to-manipulate, mail-order rifle that had a less-than-desirable-scope mounted on it. LHO was in the USMC, thus, he would know the difference between a crap weapon and one that worked well. Even if he wasn't an accomplished shooter on a range while in the USMC.

Some of the leaps the citizenry are forced to take in accepting LHO as the lone shooter is just incredible.

While on the subject of incredible leaps, I was always curious as to how the hell a former USMC member denounces the US, moves to Russia, marries a Russian gal and hangs out in the USSR for  a period of time, then gets a US Government loan to come back to the US? All during the ever-escalating Cold War period.   

I guess the US Government just felt "really bad" for the former Devil Dog and let him come home, right?  Perhaps I am mistaken and there are other examples of such instances?

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2018, 02:01:31 PM »
Agree that it could have been a legitimate mistake.  After all, mistakes do happen.

However, IMO (I'm not a marksman) a would-be assassin is unlikely to accomplish the damage (even as stated in WC) to two human beings (in mere seconds) with a faulty, slow-to-manipulate, mail-order rifle that had a less-than-desirable-scope mounted on it. LHO was in the USMC, thus, he would know the difference between a crap weapon and one that worked well. Even if he wasn't an accomplished shooter on a range while in the USMC.

Some of the leaps the citizenry are forced to take in accepting LHO as the lone shooter is just incredible.

While on the subject of incredible leaps, I was always curious as to how the hell a former USMC member denounces the US, moves to Russia, marries a Russian gal and hangs out in the USSR for  a period of time, then gets a US Government loan to come back to the US? All during the ever-escalating Cold War period.   

I guess the US Government just felt "really bad" for the former Devil Dog and let him come home, right?  Perhaps I am mistaken and there are other examples of such instances?

There is nothing "faulty" about the rifle.  The fact that it was "mail-order" is meaningless.  You can easily search You Tube and see examples of how lethal this rifle is and the damage that it can do to the human body.  Several recreations of the event using a similar rifle and ammo at the same distance and angle confirms that the damage done on 11.22 is entirely consistent with the results of the recreations.  CTers have conjured up a lot of smoke and mirrors about this rifle but it doesn't change the facts.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2018, 02:01:31 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2018, 02:53:39 PM »

FORCED to take  ???  Nobody forces the citizens to accept the wild tale that has it's roots in the decree that J.Edgar Hoover, and LBJ created.   ie;...That Lee Harrrrrvey Ossssswald (BOOOOO, HISSSS) was a lone nut who murdered their common nemesis (JFK) for no reason at all.

The sad truth is; Our national anthem closes with the lines.."land of the free,and home of the brave "

What a mockery!....  The majority of Americans in this forum, who mouth those words  are far from "brave".   They lack the guts to be honest with themselves and use their God given brain.