Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The confusing recollection of Jack Dougherty  (Read 11707 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: The confusing recollection of Jack Dougherty
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2019, 11:03:37 PM »
Advertisement
Insults?

Let's have a poll to see how many readers think that you're an A--hole.....

Sure, as long as we can do the same for you.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2019, 11:03:37 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2019, 12:17:35 AM »
Sure, as long as we can do the same for you.

Go for it....  I'm sure that many LNer's think that I'm an a-- hole ....  I wouldn't expect them to think otherwise.   But I'd like to know WHY they think that I'm an AH .

I'd bet that i've gave many of them a black eye at some time or other.....

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2019, 01:28:00 AM »
Jarman, Williams, and Norman testified that they were on the 5th floor during the shooting. Dougherty's hand written affidavit said that he went back to work at 12:45 and was on the 5th floor when he heard a shot. So he must have had a delayed hearing problem of over 15 minutes. Dougherty also must have had a chronic vision problem as he didn't seem to notice the trio on the same floor. Mr Dougherty also mentioned going down to the 1st floor to report hearing the shot. This is when the power was off and the elevators were not working?
Mr. BALL - Did you see any strangers in the building that day?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - No, sir. *********
Mr. BALL - Did you ever see Lee Oswald carry any sort of large package?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, I didn't, but some of the fellows said they did.
Mr. BALL - Who said that?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, Bill Shelley, he told me that he thought he saw him carrying a fairly good-sized package. *********
Mr. BALL - When did Shelley tell you that?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, it was--the day after it happened. **********
Mr. BALL - Are you sure you were on the fifth floor when you heard the shots?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes, I'm positive. *********
Mr. BALL - Did you see any other employee on the fifth floor?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - No, sir; I didn't see nobody---there wasn't nobody on the fifth floor at all---it was just myself. ******
Mr. BALL - You told me that just before you heard the shots, you had been on the sixth floor?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes.
Mr. BALL - And then you went down to the fifth floor?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - That's right.
Mr. BALL - Did you see anybody on the sixth floor when you were there, before you went to the fifth floor?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Oh, yes; I did.
Mr. BALL - Who?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, there was Bill Shelley, Billy Lovelady---    [Duh]
Mr. BALL - That was in the morning, wasn't it?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes.
Mr. BALL - That wasn't after lunch, was it?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - No, sir.
Mr. BALL - After lunch, did you ever see them on the sixth floor?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - No, sir; I didn't.
Mr. BALL - Now, did you hear this shot either before or after lunch?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - It was before lunch it was before lunch.
Mr. BALL - You think it was before lunch you heard the shot? 
Mr. DOUGHERTY - I believe it was--yes, sir. **********
Mr. BALL - And you were alone, were you?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes.  ********
********* = He was either lying or he was a complete idiot.
However, the Commission must have really savored the hearsay testimony about Oswald and his "package".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2019, 01:28:00 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2019, 03:09:42 PM »
Jarman, Williams, and Norman testified that they were on the 5th floor during the shooting. Dougherty's hand written affidavit said that he went back to work at 12:45 and was on the 5th floor when he heard a shot. So he must have had a delayed hearing problem of over 15 minutes. Dougherty also must have had a chronic vision problem as he didn't seem to notice the trio on the same floor. Mr Dougherty also mentioned going down to the 1st floor to report hearing the shot. This is when the power was off and the elevators were not working?********* = He was either lying or he was a complete idiot.
However, the Commission must have really savored the hearsay testimony about Oswald and his "package".

He was either lying or he was a complete idiot.

Dougherty was mentally challenged....  Roy Truly testified that when Jack Dougherty became upset or excited he couldn't function.   And that's why his Dad and lawyer were at his side when he appeared before the WC.  He was so rattled when he appeared before the WC that he was a babbling idiot...   Dougherty knew a whole lot more about the murder of JFK than he ever revealed....
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 11:39:44 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2022, 08:12:03 PM »

Mr. BALL - What time did you go to work?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, I got there---it was after 7 o'clock in the morning.
Mr. BALL - Do you usually get there in the morning at 7 o'clock?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes.
Mr. BALL - Why do you get there at 7 instead of 8, when the rest of the men get there?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, you might say, I have a little---extra chores to do.

Mr. BALL - You do that--you get there at 7 all the time, don't you?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes, I've been doing it for 11 years.
Mr. BALL - That's what Mr. Truly told me, that you get there real early.
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes.
Mr. BALL - And you did get there about 7 that morning?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes.
Mr. BALL - Let's see, Mr. Dougherty, you said that you have some extra chores--what are those extra chores?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - I have to see to it that the water system is pumped up. In other words, the air pressure is up to where---up to 40 pounds so that if it isn't pumped up, the alarm goes off, and the ADT runs that alarm system, and we immediately call Mr. Truly and of course they call me.[ ??? say that again]
Mr. BALL - What is the ADT?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - That's that---I don't know too much about it---it has something to do with the alarm system they have got down there.
Mr. BALL - You mean the pressure, do you?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes
Mr. BALL - Is that a fire-alarm system?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes--you could call it that.
Mr. BALL - Now, what else do you do there early in the morning?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, let's see, I have to check and see that there is no leaks ,in the building, that the pipes are not leaking somewhere.
Mr. BALL - Anything else you do?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - No; I believe that just about covers it.
What is strange about that testimony is that Mr Daugherty claims to have performed this routine at the TSBD for ELEVEN years and the Depository itself had only been there for barely ONE! They had moved into the old Sexton Building just that winter before.
His testimony here and what I had posted reply #42 earlier---To have compiled and printed this garbage speaks volumes for the Commission staff. It demonstrates the whitewash given the assassination of JFK.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2022, 08:12:03 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2022, 01:56:41 AM »
I believe the man in the background on the left may be Mr Dougherty (we know he was in the Homicide Office at that exact time)----------------

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2022, 08:54:39 AM »
I believe the man in the background on the left may be Mr Dougherty (we know he was in the Homicide Office at that exact time)----------------
Probably a lot of people were.  I copied this from another article...

Possibly a typo but Dougherty didn't seem to remember his supervisor's name..
AFFIDAVIT IN ANY FACT
THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF DALLAS

BEFORE ME, Patsy Collins, a Notary Public in and for said County, State of Texas, on this day personally appeared Jack E. Dougherty w/m/40, 1827 So.Marsalis WH-6-7170 who, after being by me duly sworn, on oath deposes and says: I am employed at the Texas School Book Depository at 411 Elm and have been since 1952. I was working on the sixth floor today. There was [sic] six of us working on the floor. The others were Bill Lovelady, William Shelby, Danny Arce, Bonnie Williams, and Charles Givens. I went back to work at 12:45 p.m. I had already gone back to work and I gone down on the fifth [sic] to get some stock when I heard a shot. It sounded like it was coming from inside the building, but I couldn't tell from where. I went down on the first floor, and asked a man named Eddie Piper if he had heard anything and he said yes, that he had heard three shots. I then went back on the sixth floor. I didn't see anyone on the floor except the people I named. There was another employee that is named Lee Oswald that I saw on the sixth floor. He works all over the building, but I saw him on the sixth floor shortly before noon. I didn't see Oswald in the building after lunch.

/s/ Jack E. Dougherty SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN BEFORE ME THIS 22 DAY OF November A.D. 1963
/s/ Patsy Collins
Notary Public, Dallas County, Texas
Who told him to write something about Oswald?  Still a very convoluted account.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2022, 08:54:39 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2022, 12:12:09 AM »
Probably a lot of people were.

This man is in casual short sleeves

I copied this from another article...[/b]

That's not him

Possibly a typo but Dougherty didn't seem to remember his supervisor's name..Who told him to write something about Oswald?

He was just giving his affidavit statement when Mr Oswald was brought in (a scene caught on film), and so he was asked about him.

Same with Mr Bill Shelley: he is giving his statement in the small back room, into which Mr Oswald is about to be brought. He will be asked to give a second affidavit, this time about Mr Oswald. It will evade the all-important question of whether he saw Mr Oswald at the time of the P. Parade:

"I went outside to see the president. After the president's accident, I...": note the leap in time

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 12:19:21 AM by Alan Ford »