Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How Could LHO Walk One Mile After Leaving His Room & Shoot A Cop In 13 Minutes?  (Read 42932 times)

Offline Nicholas Turner

Advertisement
I don't think we can make a judgement about what someone in Oswald's situation would do based on our own experiences. Who knows what was going through his head.

Agreed... now, how do we explain this to the LNs?

I don't think it is exclusive of LNers.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Steve Howsley

I don't think we can make a judgement about what someone in Oswald's situation would do based on our own experiences. Who knows what was going through his head.

Agreed... now, how do we explain this to the LNs?

I think it's the CTs that need to take his state of mind into account. I'm encouraged to see that you at least are aware of what it might mean regarding his decision making.

Anyway, I owe I owe so off to work I go

Offline Anthony Clayden

You missed all the actions below in the 90s, and we know he was not hurry through the TSBD from Mrs Reid, someone who can remember how full a coke was, would remember if he was scurrying or moving quickly.

Mr. DULLES. Was he moving fast?
Mrs. REID. No; because he was moving at a very slow pace, I never did see him moving fast at any time.
Mr. BELIN. He was moving just at his normal walk?
Mrs. REID. Yes.

then walks across the 1st floor in no hurry, goes down a flight of stairs, (probably) points out the phone to a journalist, reportedly gets seen by Campbell, retreives his jacket  and then pushes past the crowd at the front of the building (filled with people like BWF, who know him),

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

So reduce his waiting time to 15 secs. Once he realised he was exposed like a shag on a rock outside the rooming house he knew he needed to get out of that area altogether. He had three choices really;
1. go back inside and wait to be arrested
2. continue to wait for a bus with the risk of a patrol car racing toward him or
3. hot foot it out of the area until he could find a place to hid and form a plan.

What would be the difference between options two and three.... in both cases he is out in the open on the street. If a police car can spot him at the bus stop, they can also do so when he is walking down the street, right?

And then there is this... The bus he was waiting for was driving North, so we must assume that he wanted to go North. So why suddenly walk South instead?

Online Martin Weidmann

I think it's the CTs that need to take his state of mind into account. I'm encouraged to see that you at least are aware of what it might mean regarding his decision making.

Anyway, I owe I owe so off to work I go

Thanks for making my point!

JFK Assassination Forum

Online John Iacoletti

Burroughs was an idiot so save that red herring for another thread.

Well, that's convenient.  I can do that too.  Roberts was an idiot.  Markham was an idiot.  Bledsoe was an idiot.  Whaley was an idiot.

Who waits for 30 secs then leaves? A man in a hurry who is concerned that his address might already be known to the FBI through the rooming house phone number.

Why would such a man wait even 30 seconds at a bus stop next to that address?

Online Steve Howsley

What would be the difference between options two and three.... in both cases he is out in the open on the street. If a police car can spot him at the bus stop, they can also do so when he is walking down the street, right?

And then there is this... The bus he was waiting for was driving North, so we must assume that he wanted to go North. So why suddenly walk South instead?

I'd say he wanted to get away from his rooming house asap and he only returned to get his gun. If a bus pulled up I think he would have got on regardless of where it was going. Maybe he would have gone just a few stops then got off just so long as he wasn't standing next to the rooming house. If only he'd not given that phone number to Marina and Ruth he'd could have made better plans.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Steve Howsley

Why would such a man wait even 30 seconds at a bus stop next to that address?

Now you're getting somewhere. That's why he hightailed it.