Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How Could LHO Walk One Mile After Leaving His Room & Shoot A Cop In 13 Minutes?  (Read 42790 times)

Offline Steve Howsley

Advertisement
I think a full movement re-enactment would be very interesting..

From the 2nd floor encounter onwards.

http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm

In 90 secs, he purchases a Coke ... he has finished the Coke by the time he gets to the bus.

90 secs is a very long time to operate a vending machine with just one product to select. Try holding your breath for 90 secs or see how far you can walk in 90 secs. I can heat a can of beans in my microwave in 90 secs. Getting a coke? I'd say less than 20 secs even in a clunky machine.

How long does it take to point in a general direction and say "over there" or WTTE? I could do it without breaking stride.

How do we know that he finished his coke?

How do we know that he didn't jog part of the way from his rooming house? No one reported seeing him walking, crawling or sprinting. Maybe there was something on TV that would explain why he seemed to go unnoticed.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 09:01:36 PM by Steve Howsley »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

Let's say, for argument's sake, half a minute...

Who waits at a bus stop for 30 seconds?  If you don't see a bus coming you're not going to see one 30 seconds later either.

But whatever it takes.

Too bad Burroughs said that Oswald slipped into the Texas Theater between 1:00 and 1:07.

Offline Steve Howsley

Who waits at a bus stop for 30 seconds?  If you don't see a bus coming you're not going to see one 30 seconds later either.

But whatever it takes.

Too bad Burroughs said that Oswald slipped into the Texas Theater between 1:00 and 1:07.

Burroughs was an idiot so save that red herring for another thread.
Who waits for 30 secs then leaves? A man in a hurry who is concerned that his address might already be known to the FBI through the rooming house phone number.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

You can't say it was two minutes though. It could have been seconds. Who knows.

Why can't I say that? We're all guessing here.....

Besides, you asked the question... if you wanted a specific answer, you should have said so.

FWIW, I seriously doubt that anybody would decide to take the bus and then only wait a few seconds for one to arrive.

Online Martin Weidmann

Burroughs was an idiot so save that red herring for another thread.
Who waits for 30 secs then leaves? A man in a hurry who is concerned that his address might already be known to the FBI through the rooming house phone number.

A man in a hurry who is concerned that his address might already be known to the FBI through the rooming house phone number.

Flawed logic! It's hardly unlikely that such a man would ever decide to wait at a bus stop so close to the roominghouse in the first place.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Nicholas Turner

Why can't I say that? We're all guessing here.....

Besides, you asked the question... if you wanted a specific answer, you should have said so.

FWIW, I seriously doubt that anybody would decide to take the bus and then only wait a few seconds for one to arrive.

I asked incase anyone knew but clearly they don't. Beyond that it is of course a guess. Saying 'you can't say ....' is a turn of phrase. You are entitled to a guess of course.

I don't think we can make a judgement about what someone in Oswald's situation would do based on our own experiences. Who knows what was going through his head.

Offline Steve Howsley

A man in a hurry who is concerned that his address might already be known to the FBI through the rooming house phone number.

Flawed logic! It's hardly unlikely that such a man would ever decide to wait at a bus stop so close to the roominghouse in the first place.

So reduce his waiting time to 15 secs. Once he realised he was exposed like a shag on a rock outside the rooming house he knew he needed to get out of that area altogether. He had three choices really;
1. go back inside and wait to be arrested
2. continue to wait for a bus with the risk of a patrol car racing toward him or
3. hot foot it out of the area until he could find a place to hid then form a plan.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

I asked incase anyone knew but clearly they don't. Beyond that it is of course a guess. Saying 'you can't say ....' is a turn of phrase. You are entitled to a guess of course.

I don't think we can make a judgement about what someone in Oswald's situation would do based on our own experiences. Who knows what was going through his head.

Agreed... now, how do we explain this to the LNs?