Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tina Towner film  (Read 13778 times)

Offline Nellie Jackson

Re: Tina Towner film
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2019, 07:59:37 AM »
Advertisement
I'm almost positive it is him. I wish the pic was a little sharper, but my family thinks it's him and it would seem to match up with the path he took that day.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2019, 07:59:37 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2019, 08:19:46 AM »
I'm almost positive it is him. I wish the pic was a little sharper, but my family thinks it's him and it would seem to match up with the path he took that day.

Nellie,

Thank you.

I think it's him, too.

-- Tom

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2019, 11:49:05 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, Charles! We are actually planning on going to the museum this weekend. My Mom worked for the Dallas PD at the time and was present for all the chaos of the aftermath, so she may be able to contribute to the Oral History Collection as well.

Great! You might want to contact Stephen Fagin before you go so he can be ready to interview y’all. 214-747-6660, stephenf@jfk.org. Looking forward to hearing y’all’s stories!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2019, 11:49:05 AM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2019, 04:08:11 AM »
Nope, way before I was born. However, it was an event that I heard a lot about growing up So much so, that I became somewhat desensitized to the significance of my Dads role in the aftermath as it pertains to capturing parts of the event and the subsequent reporting of it. My Dad's best friend was one of the other reporters/cameramen on the scene, so I've been surrounded by JFK stories my entire life. I honestly did not know how many people there were out there that are still so interested in his film until I started running across things online after he passed away. He was super humble, gave very few interviews over the years, and only participated in one or two panels. He didn't love the attention. But he was a journalist that worked with the highest level of integrity and left a great legacy.
Nellie, thank you for joining the forum. You wrote your dad's best friend was a reporter/cameraman also at the scene. If you feel comfortable could you, or would you, let us know who that friend was? Just curious. There are at least two films with your dad prominent at center frame - Don Cook's and John Martin's.

Thanks,
James

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2019, 07:35:36 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2019, 07:35:36 PM »

Offline Nellie Jackson

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2019, 07:07:07 AM »
Nellie, thank you for joining the forum. You wrote your dad's best friend was a reporter/cameraman also at the scene. If you feel comfortable could you, or would you, let us know who that friend was? Just curious. There are at least two films with your dad prominent at center frame - Don Cook's and John Martin's.

Thanks,
James
I was referring to Bob Welch. He was at the Trade Mart and then followed the motorcade to Parkland.

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2019, 12:40:18 AM »
If you do a 6FM Oral History please bring any notes your dad had regarding the assassination. Do you have any copy of the films he took on 11/22/63?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2019, 12:40:18 AM »