Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tina Towner film  (Read 13772 times)

Offline Steve Barber

Re: Tina Towner film
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2018, 03:11:28 PM »
Advertisement

There is Nothing "logical" as to the movements that have been attributed to a Vertigo suffering, overweight, 58 year old man. Sitzman's narrative checks all the boxes and was her 1st in-depth/detailed interview. The interview was also conducted by a very respected individual. The interview Tink Thompson did with Sitzman was Far more detailed than Anything that was ever done with Zapruder. This would include Zapruder's testimonies.

Storing...give it a rest.  The people in the Bell film, and the Paschall film are easy to identify. All it takes is common sense--which you lack--since the actions of the people,  Zapruder and Sitzman, are well documented by film and photographs, and people with common sense and good logic--which is something else you lack--have been able to document the actions of both Z and S. And by the way...where do come off calling Abraham Zapruder "overweight"?  He isn't overweight to the point of obesity, so stop making it sound that way in your ridiculous argument about him leaving the concrete block!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2018, 03:11:28 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2019, 04:15:55 AM »
Robin is correct.
That photographer is Jimmy Darnell who jumped from Camera Car 3 just after the intersection of Houston and Elm. He progressed down Elm street, eventually crossing the road and visiting the parking lot area. He can be seen there in the John Martin film, and some of his film from there appears in various documentaries, as well as Oliver Stone's JFK. I think what we are seeing in Tina's film is Darnell after he left the parking lot. We see him as he races across the pergolla's south steps toward the three women also walking east in front of the pergolla. In a few seconds after Tina's clip he will be in front of those women and begin filming their faces as they continue their walk. These women are Stella Jacob, Sharon Simmons and Jeanie Holt. Stella is the darker complected woman on his camera left. I'm not sure which women are Sharon and Jeanie. If the readers go to JFK.org (the Sixth Floor Museum) they can find this film and zoom in enough to see these women clearly. They are the women we see in Zapruder's film just east of the Stemmons's Freeway sign.

I'm bumping this excellent 9/30/18 post by James Hackerott.

Tommy  :)

Offline Nellie Jackson

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2019, 09:54:55 AM »
That is my Father, Jimmy Darnell. He may have had a cigarette, but I'm almost 100% certain that he didn't have notes. He kept everything, right down to the video logs from that week, and we've never seen or heard about any notes.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2019, 09:54:55 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2019, 04:34:57 PM »
That is my Father, Jimmy Darnell. He may have had a cigarette, but I'm almost 100% certain that he didn't have notes. He kept everything, right down to the video logs from that week, and we've never seen or heard about any notes.

Hi Nellie, were you old enough to remember this when it happened?

Offline Nellie Jackson

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2019, 07:01:30 PM »
Nope, way before I was born. However, it was an event that I heard a lot about growing up So much so, that I became somewhat desensitized to the significance of my Dads role in the aftermath as it pertains to capturing parts of the event and the subsequent reporting of it. My Dad's best friend was one of the other reporters/cameramen on the scene, so I've been surrounded by JFK stories my entire life. I honestly did not know how many people there were out there that are still so interested in his film until I started running across things online after he passed away. He was super humble, gave very few interviews over the years, and only participated in one or two panels. He didn't love the attention. But he was a journalist that worked with the highest level of integrity and left a great legacy.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2019, 07:01:30 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2019, 08:36:00 PM »
Nope, way before I was born. However, it was an event that I heard a lot about growing up So much so, that I became somewhat desensitized to the significance of my Dads role in the aftermath as it pertains to capturing parts of the event and the subsequent reporting of it. My Dad's best friend was one of the other reporters/cameramen on the scene, so I've been surrounded by JFK stories my entire life. I honestly did not know how many people there were out there that are still so interested in his film until I started running across things online after he passed away. He was super humble, gave very few interviews over the years, and only participated in one or two panels. He didn't love the attention. But he was a journalist that worked with the highest level of integrity and left a great legacy.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, there are a lot of us very interested in all aspects of the event. Please keep checking back here if you have time. I am sure some of us will have some questions for you. And I would also like to suggest that you contact Steven Fagin with the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza. Here is a link to their oral history collection (that he is in charge of): https://www.jfk.org/the-collections/oral-history/oral-history-names/?alpha=A. I am sure that they would be very interested in recording your recollections for their collection. I sure hope that you can and do. I didn't see anything from your father there, so I believe it is very important that you do that in his stead. They can do it over the phone if you aren't in the area.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2019, 01:50:16 AM »

Nellie,

Are you saying that that's your father, running from left to right with something white in his right jacket pocket in the Tina Towner film?

Thanks,

-- Tom
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 03:43:30 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2019, 01:50:16 AM »

Offline Nellie Jackson

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2019, 07:53:33 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, Charles! We are actually planning on going to the museum this weekend. My Mom worked for the Dallas PD at the time and was present for all the chaos of the aftermath, so she may be able to contribute to the Oral History Collection as well.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 07:54:19 AM by Nellie Jackson »