Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Film footage comparison & film tampering...  (Read 8528 times)

Offline Jake Maxwell

Film footage comparison & film tampering...
« on: September 25, 2018, 06:19:01 PM »
Advertisement
Just a casual view of most all of the amateur films at Dealey Plaza seem to show some signs of degradation.
Orville Nix said his film didn't look the same when it was returned to him from the FBI.
I wonder if some of the films were intentionally degraded and then copies returned to the film owner.
Here's my question: How do the Dealey Plaza films compare in quality to other films these same amateur film makers made with their cameras?

JFK Assassination Forum

Film footage comparison & film tampering...
« on: September 25, 2018, 06:19:01 PM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

Re: Film footage comparison & film tampering...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 09:42:20 PM »
I grew up around film-developing and 8mm film... I don't recall any footage as out of focus and degraded...

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 11:03:05 PM »

How do the Dealey Plaza films compare in quality to other films these same amateur film makers made with their cameras?

Just how do you propose to do this? Time has all but run out.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 11:03:05 PM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 12:30:22 AM »
Just how do you propose to do this? Time has all but run out.
Are there available home movies from the same cameras used to film the Dealey Plaza footage? If available, how do they compare? Were there other film owners who had a similar complaint as Nix?
Those are just a couple of thoughts I might have about this....
And the still photos from the professional photographers could be examined... How do their Dealey Plaza photos compare in quality with their non-Dealey Plaza photos?

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 07:15:59 AM »
Are there available home movies from the same cameras used to film the Dealey Plaza footage? If available, how do they compare? Were there other film owners who had a similar complaint as Nix?
Those are just a couple of thoughts I might have about this....
And the still photos from the professional photographers could be examined... How do their Dealey Plaza photos compare in quality with their non-Dealey Plaza photos?

Yes I know what you are saying. I'm simply asking what do you intend to do to try and get an answer to your question.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 07:43:37 AM by Steve Howsley »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 07:15:59 AM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 02:33:25 PM »
Yes I know what you are saying. I'm simply asking what do you intend to do to try and get an answer to your question.
I don't have the means to do anything... Someone else might... or someone else might have already done some investigation on this. I do think such a comparison might provide some answers for us, that is all...

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 02:53:56 PM »
I don't have the means to do anything... Someone else might... or someone else might have already done some investigation on this. I do think such a comparison might provide some answers for us, that is all...

Why not contact the families and ask the question? I personally think it is a waste of time but if you feel strongly about it then spend some time establishing contacts and see if it leads to anything of interest.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 02:53:56 PM »

Offline Chris Bristow

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 05:43:01 AM »
Search "1960's home movies" on Youtube and you will get a large sample of the general population.