Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ruthie Paine's Confusing Calendar  (Read 30974 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: Ruthie Paine's Confusing Calendar
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2022, 09:13:48 PM »
Advertisement
Your subjective opinion that she would have looked in the blanket is not relevant to that point.

So based on your logic ....  Just the sight of the blanket would have been enough to allay her concern? 

It doesn't make any difference.  Again, the point being that Marina would have no cause to check for the blanket unless she knew that Oswald kept his rifle there.  She checked for the blanket after learning that someone had fired the shots from the building that her husband worked in.  She was concerned he was involved in the shooting not that he was cold and needed a blanket.  Some CTers have falsely suggested that Marina's WC testimony is ambiguous on whether Oswald kept a rifle in the Paine's garage.  It is, however, crystal clear from Marina's testimony and actions that she had seen a rifle in that blanket in the Paine's garage and believed it would be found there on 11.22.  The fact that she held this belief on 11.22 when first asked by the police about the rifle confirms that she could not have been subject to any coercion on that point since the sinister conspirators would have had no time to get to her as yet.   So that fantasy explanation goes out the window as well. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2022, 09:13:48 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2022, 11:01:17 PM »
I believe at some point Marina had seen Lee wrapping a rifle in a blanket..... What rifle?....And where did it occur ??

Is this another thing she told you personally?

There simply isn't any evidence that the TSBD carcano (C2766) was ever  wrapped in that blanket.   

Agreed. But “Richard” laughably believes that since Marina thought a rifle was in that blanket in late September, that somehow proves that C2766 was in the blanket on November 21.

Which is why we laugh at “Richard”.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 11:02:38 PM by John Iacoletti »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2022, 11:35:40 PM »

Agreed. But “Richard” laughably believes that since Marina thought a rifle was in that blanket in late September, that somehow proves that C2766 was in the blanket on November 21.

The fact is:...We don't know what rifle Marina saw being tested by Lee in New Orleans....I could easily have been a rifle or shotgun that belonged to Adrian Alba, and Lee might have been contemplating buying it.... It certainly wouldn't have made any sense for Lee to be testing a carcano that he had handled way back in April of 63.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2022, 11:35:40 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2022, 12:34:55 AM »
I believe at some point Marina had seen Lee wrapping a rifle in a blanket.
There simply isn't any evidence that the TSBD carcano (C2766) was ever  wrapped in that blanket.   The FBI did not find a single blanket fiber adhering to that carcano, and i find that utterly incredible .....If that carcano had been wrapped in that blanket.
They crammed something in the Report about that...... https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report/chapter-4.html#fibers
...the Commission found no reliable evidence that Oswald used the rifle at any time between September 23, when it was transported from New Orleans, and November 22, the day of the assassination.80 The fact that on the morning of the assassination Oswald was wearing the shirt from which these relatively fresh fibers most probably originated, provides some evidence that they were placed on the rifle that day since there was limited, if any, opportunity for Oswald to handle the weapon during the 2 months prior to November 22.

On the other hand Stombaugh pointed out that fibers might retain their freshness if the rifle had been "put aside" after catching the fibers. The rifle used in the assassination probably had been wrapped in a blanket for about 8 weeks prior to November 22.81 Because the relative freshness of these fibers might be explained by the continuous storage of the rifle in the blanket, the Commission was unable to reach any firm conclusion as to when the fibers were caught in the rifle. The Commission was able to conclude, however, that the fibers most probably came from Oswald's shirt. This adds to the conviction of the Commission that Oswald owned and handled the weapon used in the assassination.

:-\ Right.
The fibers were either from the blanket or a shirt. Great analysis there!
Other than this innuendo.... there is only Marina's word that there ever was a rifle. Believe whatever.   

Not worthy of even a snicker.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2022, 12:47:51 AM »
In which Marina makes "assumptions":

Mr. RANKIN. Did you think immediately that your husband might have been involved?
Mrs. OSWALD. No.
Mr. RANKIN. Did Mrs. Paine say anything about the possibility of your husband being involved?
Mrs. OSWALD. No, but she only said that "By the way, they fired from the building in which Lee is working."
My heart dropped. I then went to the garage to see whether the rifle was there, and I saw that the blanket was still there, and I said, "Thank God." I thought, "Can there really be such a stupid man in the world that could do something like that?" But I was already rather upset at that time--I don't know why. Perhaps my intuition. I didn't know what I was doing.
Mr. RANKIN. Did you look in the blanket to see if the rifle was there?
Mrs. OSWALD. I didn't unroll the blanket. It was in its usual position, and it appeared to have something inside.
Mr. RANKIN. Did you at any time open the blanket to see if the rifle was there?
Mrs. OSWALD. No, only once.
Mr. RANKIN. You have told us about that.
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes.
Mr. RANKIN. And what about Mrs. Paine? Did she look in the blanket to see if the rifle was there?
Mrs. OSWALD. She didn't know about the rifle. Perhaps she did know. But she never told me about it. I don't know.
Mr. RANKIN. When did you learn that the rifle was not in the blanket?
Mrs. OSWALD. When the police arrived and asked whether my husband had a rifle, and I said "Yes."
Mr. RANKIN. Then what happened?
Mrs. OSWALD. They began to search the apartment. When they came to the garage and took the blanket, I thought, "Well, now, they will find it." They opened the blanket but there was no rifle there.
Then, of course, I already knew that it was Lee. Because, before that, while I thought that the rifle was at home, I did not think that Lee had done that. I thought the police had simply come because he was always under suspicion

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2022, 12:47:51 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2022, 12:48:37 AM »
They crammed something in the Report about that...... https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report/chapter-4.html#fibers
      :-\ Right.
The fibers were either from the blanket or a shirt. Great analysis there!
Other than this innuendo.... there is only Marina's word that there ever was a rifle. Believe whatever.   Not worthy of even a snicker.

Having considered the probabilities as explained in Stombaugh's testimony, the Commission has concluded that the fibers in the tuft on the rifle most probably came from the shirt worn by Oswald when he was arrested, and that this was the same shirt which Oswald wore on the morning of the assassination.

The WC KNEW for a fact that Lee had gone to his room and changed his clothes at 1:00pm, before he went to the theater....And yet they lied and said that the arrest shirt was the same shirt he wore at the TSBD that morning....   I can only hope that they are receiving their just reward......

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2022, 04:47:56 PM »
Mr. RANKIN. Did Mrs. Paine say anything about the possibility of your husband being involved?
Mrs. OSWALD. No, but she only said that "By the way, they fired from the building in which Lee is working."

Ruth Paine claimed she thought Oswald worked at the Houston St. depository warehouse, so at least one of them is lying, surprise?

According to the DP police officers arriving at the Paine residence, Ruth Paine said she was expecting them, so plenty of time to prime Marina.

And, as I've pointed out to you previously (which you didn't grasp, surprise?), Marina claimed the blanket to be in the same spot, although the blanket was moved by Michael Paine, so that was another lie by your star witness, surprise?

Try to focus.  The point is that Marina would have no cause to check the blanket or direct the police to the blanket when they asked her if her husband owned a rifle unless she had cause to know that he kept a rifle there.  This was done BEFORE the police arrived and when they very first arrived.  Meaning that she could not have been subject to any post-assassination coercion regarding her confirmation that LHO kept a rifle in the Paine's garage.  Your bizarre fixation with where the blanket was located in the garage is meaningless.  The fact remains that Marina confirmed both to the WC months later and to the police in the hours after the assassination that her husband kept a rifle in the blanket in the Paine's garage.  There is no ambiguity on that point.  It is not an "assumption" or "opinion."  Marina saw the rifle there and directed the police to that location when asked about "the rifle." Among the greatest dishonesty displayed on this forum is the suggestion that Marina was uncertain that the object she saw was a rifle.  She was asked dozens of times about the "rifle".  She responded to those questions and confirmed that the blanket contained "the rifle." 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2022, 04:47:56 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2022, 06:10:07 PM »

Ruth Paine claimed she thought Oswald worked at the Houston St. depository warehouse, so at least one of them is lying, surprise?

According to the DP police officers arriving at the Paine residence, Ruth Paine said she was expecting them, so plenty of time to prime Marina.

And, as I've pointed out to you previously (which you didn't grasp, surprise?), Marina claimed the blanket to be in the same spot, although the blanket was moved by Michael Paine, so that was another lie by your star witness, surprise?

Mr. RANKIN. Did you think immediately that your husband might have been involved?
Mrs. OSWALD. No.

But Marina said that she went to the garage to check to see if the rifle was still there and was relieved to see the blanket on the floor WHERE IT HAD ALWAYS BEEN since moving fro New Orleans.... (Despite the fact that Mike Paine said that he moved the blanket....)

If Marina didn't think that Lee might be involved....WHY did she go to the garage to see if the rifle was still there?????

Perhaps Ruthie prodded Marina into wondering if Lee was involved, by stating that the shots had been fired from the building where Lee Worked.

Hmmmmm?.....  Marina said that initially she didn't suspect hat Lee was involved .... But then Truthie Ruthie prodded her into thinking that perhaps Lee was involved by saying that the shots had come from the building where Lee worked.....

And this raises a very interesting question.... HOW did Truthie Ruthie know that Lee worked in that building?? 

Ruth Paine claimed she thought Oswald worked at the Houston St. depository warehouse, !!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 06:31:34 PM by Walt Cakebread »