Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who Was The Man Who Fired A Shot In Mrs. Lovell Penn?s Pasture?  (Read 18066 times)

Offline Rob Caprio

Re: Who Was The Man Who Fired A Shot In Mrs. Lovell Penn?s Pasture?
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2018, 02:21:04 AM »
Advertisement
Even starting from where you'd prefer, you still totally missed it. This is the exchange between you and Nick:

Nick: 6.5mm Mannlicher--Carcano is a piece of ammunition.

Rob: So a 6.5 mm is exclusive to a M-C? Can you support this?

Nick: A 6.5 Mannlicher-Carcano is the name of a particular design of cartridge. There are other 6.5 mm calibre cartridges if different designs. You can look it up online.

Rob: I don't want to. You made it sound like only a M-C could fire a 6.5 mm cartridge. Is this true or not?

His original line simply doesn't assert, imply, or insinuate that "6.5 mm is exclusive to a M-C," as you thought. His reply to your first question should have cleared up that misapprehension on your part, but you doubled down. When he gave you a sage bit of advice, that you could easily look it up yourself, you just "didn't want to," as you put it.

That is, you got it wrong in the first place, refused to accept that you misunderstood even after he clarified his statement (which he shouldn't have needed to do in the first place). Then decided to defiantly maintain your ignorance on the subject at hand. You're a real pro!

That being said, as far as I'm concerned, the star witness in the Tippit killing is Ted Callaway. Markham herself said that she wasn't sure until Oswald turned sideways, which of course implies that she did that the he at least resembled the shooter from the front. Table it out, and the difference should be self-evident:

Full Frontal           Profile
Markham        Maybe                 Yes
Penn              Maybe                  No

The case given the FBI was made by SMI. The only ammo we know that Oswald had was WCC, and the FBI determined that the Penn case wasn't fired from the Oswald rifle anyway. At that point, there was no point in continuing to pursue the identity of the man in Penn's pasture.  Your demand that everyone else identify the man is nothing more than a a way to avoid facing the fact that there was no lead to be found at the Penn property.

He stated "6.5 Mannlicher-Carcano". This implies that there is a 6.5 type exclusive to the M-C. I have asked him to support this. What is wrong with that?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2018, 02:21:04 AM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2018, 12:30:32 PM »
Can you support your statement or not?

Can I? Yes. Will I? No. If you don't want to look yourself then I'm not going to waste my time on it. If I were to take the time to point you to the online references you'd probably just claim that they were fake anyway, created as part of the on going conspiracy and cover up.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2018, 02:09:18 PM »
He stated "6.5 Mannlicher-Carcano". This implies that there is a 6.5 type exclusive to the M-C. I have asked him to support this. What is wrong with that?
It's how you responded, not what he said. Let's go through this again:

Nick: A 6.5 Mannlicher-Carcano is the name of a particular design of cartridge. There are other 6.5 mm calibre cartridges if different designs. You can look it up online.

Rob: I don't want to. You made it sound like only a M-C could fire a 6.5 mm cartridge. Is this true or not?

"A 6.5 mm is exclusive to a M-C" does not "impl[y] that there is a 6.5 type exclusive to the M-C." It  implies that that a Carcano is the only rifle that fires a 6.5mm round. We could forgive you for clumsy wording if it were only that, but, you followed up with, "you made it sound like only a M-C could fire a 6.5 mm cartridge" which out-and-out states that only a Carcano fires a 6.5mm round.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2018, 02:09:18 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2018, 09:54:29 PM »
Can I? Yes. Will I? No. If you don't want to look yourself then I'm not going to waste my time on it. If I were to take the time to point you to the online references you'd probably just claim that they were fake anyway, created as part of the on going conspiracy and cover up.

Sadly this is the standard and behavior of those that support the WC's conclusion. They can say whatever they want and refuse to support it. In fact, they tell you to find the cite or supporting information yourself.

OTOH, those that don't support the WC's conclusion are expected to cite endlessly for the statements that they make.

The truth is "6.5" is a caliber. There is no "6.5 Mannlicher-Carcano" cartridge as the WC misleadingly stated and that is why Mr. Turner won't even try to support it.

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2018, 09:57:48 PM »
It's how you responded, not what he said. Let's go through this again:

"A 6.5 mm is exclusive to a M-C" does not "impl[y] that there is a 6.5 type exclusive to the M-C." It  implies that that a Carcano is the only rifle that fires a 6.5mm round. We could forgive you for clumsy wording if it were only that, but, you followed up with, "you made it sound like only a M-C could fire a 6.5 mm cartridge" which out-and-out states that only a Carcano fires a 6.5mm round.

Nice try, but I wasn't the one who misspoke.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2018, 09:57:48 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2018, 09:59:10 PM »
If only the LNers spent as much time trying to figure out who the LHO lookalike was since the WC didn't bother.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2018, 10:13:47 PM »
Sadly this is the standard and behavior of those that support the WC's conclusion. They can say whatever they want and refuse to support it. In fact, they tell you to find the cite or supporting information yourself.

OTOH, those that don't support the WC's conclusion are expected to cite endlessly for the statements that they make.

The truth is "6.5" is a caliber. There is no "6.5 Mannlicher-Carcano" cartridge as the WC misleadingly stated and that is why Mr. Turner won't even try to support it.

There is no "6.5 Mannlicher-Carcano" cartridge

Rob... Extract your head....  There most certainly is a 6.5mm Mannlicher Carcano Cartridge.......  It was manufactured by the millions to be used in the Italian Mannlicher Carcano rifles.   And there are dozens of other rifles that fire a 6.5mm bullet (projectile)  They have a bore of 6.5mm ....But the casing for those other 6.5 rifles is different than the Mannlicher Carcano Shell.   The shell (casing) that the bullet ( projectile) is seated in for the Mannlicher Carcano is commonly stamped 6,5 Carc to identify it as being designed to be fired in the 6.5mm Mannlicher Carcano.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2018, 10:13:47 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2018, 10:30:48 PM »

They are definitely not interchangeable. There are many 6.5 cartridges, but the 6.5/.264 bullet is the only common physical trait shared by them. Ballistics may be very similar with some of the loads such as 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 Lapua and .260 Remington. When compared to 6.5 Swedish Mauser, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Carcano, 6.5 Arisaka and other variants they are very different.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-a-6-5-Creedmoor-and-a-6-5-Grendel-Are-both-rounds-interchangeable

Many of the 6.5 rounds share a similar case capacity to the Creedmoor, though not interchangeable.

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/11/6-5-creedmoor-ammo/#axzz5THawkCFz

JohnM