Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: James Leon Simmons.... Overpass Witness  (Read 23573 times)

Offline Allan Fritzke

Re: James Leon Simmons.... Overpass Witness
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2018, 06:36:02 PM »
Advertisement

That's interesting, at the time of the headshot the wind was blowing up Elm Street as seen by the billowing dresses of Mary and Jean.

Your witnesses minus Bowers were on the overpass.

Question: Where was your sniper?

JohnM
Unless you fire black powder guns, you would really be pushing it to see much smoke at all, regardless of positions.  Top that off with the strong wind blowing and you will be able to only smell smoke downwind.   Bowers smelled smoke?

Your pictures/embedded videos again are very enlightening.    In fact,  I would suggest that just as the President's head approaches "Jean Hill" "lady in red" and disappears behind her head,  I would say there was a very pronounced white spot just starting to appear on the President's head which coincided with the kill/skull shot at Z-329/330.   If you match your first video with the Z film, you will notice that Jacqueline's hand comes around behind his head at about Z-327.   If you suggest that the "spray associated" with your embedded video comes from around Z-313, your greatly mistaken.

Her hand movement behind the President's head is obviously not at Z-313.  If you suggest that the "cloud" around the President's head appeared coincidentally with Z-313 - it did not.   Which way do you want it?  In fact, the President slumped over at about Z-331.   Obviously, there was a doctored set of frames made up around Z-313 to imply that the shots came from TBSD and part of the necessary lone gunman narrative - the Z film and the one you have provided just prove that!   

Coordination between that film you have just posted and the Z film clearly show the difference.  People assume that the "cloud" formed on his head at about Z-327 is that of Z-313.   That is ludicrous and there is no synergy between the 2 films if you assume that.  You can't mistake Jacqueline's reaction and her wanting to leave the limousine thereafter.  Now, you could dismiss that cloud as being nothing but a film flaw.......

https://www.assassinationresearch.com/zfilm/z327.jpg

Clearly, you can't miss what you see in Z330 and Z335 and Jacqueline's immediate reaction to that!  It has nothing to do with a frame Z-313/14.  That is a FRAME Job!

https://www.assassinationresearch.com/zfilm/z331.jpg

https://www.assassinationresearch.com/zfilm/z335.jpg

Compare that to the rather large plume at Z313 which you can't see in your embedded video!!  No Jacqueline arm present behind the President!
https://www.assassinationresearch.com/zfilm/z313.jpg

You would have to be a fool not to see the obvious correlation between Z film and this film and what has been doctored and what was reality!

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 06:46:57 PM by Allan Fritzke »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2018, 06:36:02 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2018, 12:09:22 AM »
You made that claim -- you didn't actually substantiate it.  But that's irrelevant anyway.  If something's not the same, then it's not the same.  Stop pretending that "close to some arbitrary measure of closeness" equals "the same".

If you had just said 3 degrees off or whatever, then we wouldn't be having this argument.

As the graphic you've posted shows, the difference between the line from the overpass to the TSBD and one from the overpass to the fence corner is a very small angle, just by cursory inspection. The precise measurement of the angle is kinda beside the point; it doesn't affect the argument one way or the other. It just puts a particular number and unit to a small value. I didn't do so initially because I didn't figure that anyone would require Wopner-at-4:30-grade measurements. In fact, no one else but you seems to have needed them.

The degree of precision isn't arbitrary at all. It's based on the units that people actually use every day when determining and communicating direction where more precise mechanical means aren't available. It stands to reason that these units are determined by the minimum differences in direction that humans can easily discern on their own. One divides a circle into twelve equal sections, the other divides that circle into sixteen. If you wish to differ, that's OK, but you gotta do better than what you've managed so far.

And you still haven't answered my question, since you seem not to like what I use as a benchmark for precision. I'll ask again:

Now, given the real world conditions of Dealey Plaza on Nov 11, 1963, how accurate do you think the TP witnesses audio localization capabilities were at the time?

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2018, 12:15:57 AM »
Says the guy who spent weeks arguing over the difference between "Brennan saw the man with a gun" and Brennan saw a man with a gun".

Same direction does not mean 11 degrees off.  Especially when that figure is just pulled out of nowhere.  Same direction means same direction.

"Same direction" is hostage to the precision of the instrument measuring that direction. In this case, the instrument is a human being. Humans are not generally renowned for the accuracy of their perception. If you have a better case, then make it. If you want to keep repeating "same direction, same direction" like a broken Tickle Me Elmo, you are free to do so. We are also free to, well, I think you know.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2018, 12:15:57 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2018, 12:24:39 AM »
It stands to reason that these units are determined by the minimum differences in direction that humans can easily discern on their own.

What is your source for what humans can easily discern on their own?  Particularly your 11 degrees claim.  You still haven't answered that.

And you still haven't answered my question, since you seem not to like what I use as a benchmark for precision. I'll ask again:

Now, given the real world conditions of Dealey Plaza on Nov 11, 1963, how accurate do you think the TP witnesses audio localization capabilities were at the time?

I don't care.  I'm merely pointing out that 11 degrees off is not the "same direction".  Nor is 3 degrees off.  Same direction means zero degrees.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2018, 03:08:53 AM »
I don't care.  I'm merely pointing out that 11 degrees off is not the "same direction".  Nor is 3 degrees off.  Same direction means zero degrees.

"So now the word-game-du-jour is to quibble over the meaning of the letter "s"?" - John Iacoletti

So now the word-game-du-jour is to quibble over the meaning of "same direction"?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2018, 03:08:53 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2018, 05:50:22 AM »
What is your source for what humans can easily discern on their own?  Particularly your 11 degrees claim.  You still haven't answered that.

I answered that in reply #47 of this thread:

The question I asked is about that: how precise are human beings with direction? This question can be easily answered by noting that "human-measurable" scales regarding direction don't get any more precise than a 16 point compass rose. So direction in this case is only accurate to within +/- 11 degrees.

I really don't think it's exactly +/-11 degrees, but it's pretty close to that, otherwise we'd need (and have) more compass points than N, SW, ENE, etc.  To put it another way, if you and someone else were standing at the edge of a downtown, and there was a loud, unexpected shot, would you expect your companion to say, "Wow, that came from 49 degrees East of North"? Or would he just point in the general direction as best he could? 

In response to my question, "Now, given the real world conditions of Dealey Plaza on Nov 11, 1963, how accurate do you think the TP witnesses audio localization capabilities were at the time?" You said:

Pity you don't care. The effect precision has on measurement is fundamental to the problem. "Same" is dependent on the ability to accurately distinguish quantity. Let's assume you have a measuring device that's accurate to +/-1 cm. You have some object, A, that your device says is 46cm and another object, B, that measures out to 47cm. Which is longer? Simple question, right? B should be, by one centimeter. But that's not true. There's a centimeter worth of uncertainty for each measurement. A could really be 46.7cm and B might be 46.4 cm, and still measure 46cm and 47cm respectively. For that matter, you can also have an object C that measures 55cm and an object D that measures 57cm, though both are in reality 56cm. The measuring device isn't accurate enough to reliably discriminate length differentials  less than 2cm. A and B then are properly considered to be the same length, since the measuring device can't discriminate finely enough between the lengths. This is a fundamental issue in science, and is one of the first things taught in science classes at the high school level. Maybe even their junior high level. Maybe you were out sick that day.

It comes down to how precise you think that someone could be about the direction of the origin of a shot in Dealey Plaza. I'd keep asking you about what you think that level of precision would be, but as you say, you don't care.  It's the most important underlying question to the whole kerfluffle...and you simply don't care. But you want to argue about it anyway.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 01:48:23 PM by Mitch Todd »

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2018, 06:13:58 AM »
I'd keep asking you about what you think that level of precision would be, but as you say, you don't care.  It's the most important underlying question to the whole kerfluffle...and you simply don't care. But you want to argue about it anyway.

Beautifully put.

Nailed it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2018, 06:13:58 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2018, 08:04:08 AM »
As the graphic you've posted shows, the difference between the line from the overpass to the TSBD and one from the overpass to the fence corner is a very small angle, just by cursory inspection. The precise measurement of the angle is kinda beside the point; it doesn't affect the argument one way or the other. It just puts a particular number and unit to a small value. I didn't do so initially because I didn't figure that anyone would require Wopner-at-4:30-grade measurements. In fact, no one else but you seems to have needed them.

The degree of precision isn't arbitrary at all. It's based on the units that people actually use every day when determining and communicating direction where more precise mechanical means aren't available. It stands to reason that these units are determined by the minimum differences in direction that humans can easily discern on their own. One divides a circle into twelve equal sections, the other divides that circle into sixteen. If you wish to differ, that's OK, but you gotta do better than what you've managed so far.

"In fact, no one else but you seems to have needed them"

GeeItsFunToTrollHereJohnny is way out in left field* as usual. He's crackers, Jack. Take hm out to the ballgame and don't forget his peanuts and popcorn. But really, we don't care if he ever gets back.

In that vein, one can point to anywhere in left field and it's still gonna be left field

Take Me Out to the Ballgame
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_Me_Out_to_the_Ball_Game#Lyrics

Thanks to Jack Norworth for the 1908 version, which is out of copyright.
My little tale is inspired by his lyrics.

A Modern Tale of How to Strike Out the Side
by Bill Chapman with a great big shout-out to Jack Norworth

Before the start of the game (an away game played in Texas against the "Dallas Usual Suspects') the  manager of the Little League 'Stepford Sheep Dippers' tells pipsqueak 9 yo left fielder Little Johnny I: "Little Johnny I, notice that the wind is blowing out toward left field today. That includes all of left field, not just the exact spots I'll be pointing at to shift you to"

"But Mr. Chapman", pleads little Johnny I, "my daddy told me that the earth is flat so there can't be any wind.. and that means wind is a hoax and the the government is just pretending."

Manager Chapman replies "Little Johnny I, you're weird."

;)

* From the Way Out In Left Field Society: "The phrase "way out in left field" has evolved to mean an eccentric, odd, misguided or peculiar statement or act. Although the origin of the phrase has been challenged and debated over the years, the most logical and realistic explanation comes from an extinct baseball park called West Side Grounds that the Chicago Cubs called home from 1893 to 1915. As legend has it, a mental hospital called the Neuropsychiatric Institute was located directly behind the left field wall. The Institute housed mental patients who could be heard making strange and bizarre comments within listening distance of players and fans. Thus, if someone said that you were "way out in left field," the person was questioning your sanity and comparing you with a mental patient"[16][17]
-Wikipedia

Take Me Out to the Ball Game_1908
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 08:19:11 PM by Bill Chapman »