Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Truly Magical Bullet  (Read 55890 times)

Offline Matt Grantham

Re: The Truly Magical Bullet
« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2018, 05:01:13 AM »
Advertisement
Matt, I think you mean CBS in 1967. I believe that they just looked at the ability to get the shots off. The alignments and angles were looked at in the 1970s by ITEK and the HSCA.

Thank you for the correction Tim

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2018, 05:01:13 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2018, 05:11:01 AM »
Thank you for the correction Tim

You're welcome Matt. CBS had their 11 riflemen try to get on three shots in 5.6 seconds or less, trying to hit the moving target. According to Dan Rather, they all took their first shot at approximately the point at which the Warren Commission deduced that the first shot was fired. The problem with that is that the Warren Commission never concluded when the first shot was fired.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #194 on: June 07, 2018, 05:33:25 AM »

Dr. WECHT: This exhibit, F-294, is a composite photo that I believe clearly, dramatically and most succinctly demonstrates the absurdity, the scientific untenability of the single bullet theory. This is Commission exhibit 399. I will not engage in semantical quibbling with my friend and collegue, Dr. Baden, whether you can be near pristine or fully pristine. It is a near pristine bullet, again, with the only deformity being demonstrated at the base...

Mr. PURDY: Dr. Wecht, is it your opinion that no bullet could have caused all of the wounds to President Kennedy and Governor Connally or the Commission exhibit 399 could not have caused all of the wounds to both men?

Dr. WECHT: Based upon the findings in this case, it is my opinion that no bullet could have caused all these wounds, not only 399 but no other bullet that we know about or any fragment of any bullet that we know about in this case.

Connally Wrist Xray .....

The deformity on the base was probably made when the missile was cast...
The Single Bullet Theory is just that..a theory ...it is the silliest most ridiculous theory I ever heard.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #194 on: June 07, 2018, 05:33:25 AM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #195 on: June 07, 2018, 02:20:38 PM »

?? The bullet base has to make a tight seal with the shell (to seal in the gunpowder contained in the shell).  There is no way that bullet deformity was there before firing.
The Single Bullet Theory is just that..a theory ...it is the silliest most ridiculous theory I ever heard.
What about the Trump theory that there was no collusion with Russia.  Or that Canada is a threat to US national security because the British burned the White House in the War of 1812 (which the US under James Madison started in order to take over the remaining British colonies to the north).

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #196 on: June 07, 2018, 06:33:21 PM »

The bullet in that pic had been fired into the wrist bone of a human cadaver at a velocity of about 1100 ft/s.
Had this bullet passed through a human torso causing an impact on the fifth rib that felt like someone had given him a hard punch and that then obliterated 10 cm of rib sending bone shards into the right lung ripping gashes in the lower lobe before exiting?  How was the 1100 fps measured? Was it a guess? Where did it strike the radius and what damage did it do to the radius?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #196 on: June 07, 2018, 06:33:21 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #197 on: June 07, 2018, 10:31:43 PM »
There is no way that bullet deformity was there before firing.
Absolutely correct.
I was in error there.
The bullet was fired and I knew that.
Silly me.
The bullet had been fired...but not at the Kennedy car.
It was fired into a pillow or mattress or a bale of cotton maybe from the MC rifle before both items were planted to be 'found' by the cops.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #198 on: June 07, 2018, 10:36:54 PM »

That Wecht used that exhibit to argue against the SBT shows how non-credible that he is. Surely, he must have known better.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 10:46:00 PM by Tim Nickerson »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #198 on: June 07, 2018, 10:36:54 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #199 on: June 07, 2018, 10:43:59 PM »
Had this bullet passed through a human torso causing an impact on the fifth rib that felt like someone had given him a hard punch and that then obliterated 10 cm of rib sending bone shards into the right lung ripping gashes in the lower lobe before exiting?

No, it did not. Why do you ask?

How was the 1100 fps measured? Was it a guess? Where did it strike the radius and what damage did it do to the radius?

The 1100 was approximated. It fractured the radius. Not sure where on the radius but I'll try to look it up.