Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 361397 times)

Offline Michael T. Griffith

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1888 on: September 17, 2020, 02:40:15 AM »
Advertisement
Edward Benavides was shot in February 1965. [Death certificate snipped]

I'll have to check on this. I know that Domingo and his father-in-law did say they believed that Eddie was killed in mistake for Domingo. Even Myers admits this. And it was in fact after Edward's death that Domingo changed his story and said he was certain the shooter was Oswald. Before his brother's death, he never made a positive identification (Myers admits that Domingo told his boss he did not get a good look at the gunman).

If the death certificate checks out, I'll revise the text in Hasty Judgment to correct the month and year of death and to observe that Domingo did not claim he was certain the gunman was Oswald until after Edward's death.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 02:42:27 AM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1888 on: September 17, 2020, 02:40:15 AM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #1889 on: September 17, 2020, 03:00:37 AM »
I'll have to check on this. I know that Domingo and his father-in-law did say they believed that Eddie was killed in mistake for Domingo. Even Myers admits this. And it was in fact after Edward's death that Domingo changed his story and said he was certain the shooter was Oswald. Before his brother's death, he never made a positive identification (Myers admits that Domingo told his boss he did not get a good look at the gunman).

If the death certificate checks out, I'll revise the text in Hasty Judgment to correct the month and year of death and to observe that Domingo did not claim he was certain the gunman was Oswald until after Edward's death.

Radford Lee Hill, 41, confessed that he killed Eddy Benavides in a bar brawl at 'THE WHEEL' and served 20 months in prison for manslaughter. Eddy Benavides was not involved in the brawl, he was ducking for cover when he was hit in the head by a shotgun blast. The death certificate John posted is (obviously) correct. A bit late to start fact checking now, isn't it? Maybe a good idea to do that before publishing a book, you think?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 03:25:48 AM by Denis Pointing »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #1890 on: September 17, 2020, 03:57:44 AM »
Do you even pause to consider the logic of your statements before you make them?

If he didn't think he would get away, why would he have taken the time to hide the rifle so carefully? (As Dr. Wrone notes, whoever hid the rifle had to climb over a wall of boxes to get to the spot where the rifle was hidden.)

This is not to mention that none of the people who were near or on the stairs when Oswald would have had to come flying down them saw or heard anyone on the stairs. Roy Truly was running well ahead of Baker, and he didn't see Oswald on the stairs or near the vestibule door.

Moving to the Tippit scene, the first and firm reports of the gun used said it was an automatic, based on the shells found at the scene, and it's very easy to distinguish between automatic shells and revolver shells. The fingerprints that Tippit's killer left near his window turned out *not* to be Oswald's. Two witnesses independently put Oswald at the Texas Theater during the Tippit shooting. The weight of the evidence clearly shows that Tippit was shot no later than 1:10, probably at 1:09, just after Tippit signaled the dispatcher that he was getting out of his car, but Oswald, even if he had speed walked, could not have arrived at the scene until 1:14 at the absolute earliest.

I discuss these and other facts in my revised and expanded article on the Tippit shooting:

https://miketgriffith.com/files/malice.pdf

If he didn't think he would get away, why would he have taken the time to hide the rifle so carefully?
Prior to Friday > he didn't think he would get away
Post shots > survival instinct kicks in > off he goes 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 04:46:56 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1890 on: September 17, 2020, 03:57:44 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #1891 on: September 17, 2020, 11:12:51 AM »
If he didn't think he would get away, why would he have taken the time to hide the rifle so carefully?
Prior to Friday > he didn't think he would get away
Post shots > survival instinct kicks in > off he goes

off he goes

And goes for a walk in a go nowhere street in a residential neighborhood where he stands out as thumb?

Yeah, that makes sense.... :D

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #1892 on: September 17, 2020, 11:46:43 AM »
Radford Lee Hill, 41, confessed that he killed Eddy Benavides in a bar brawl at 'THE WHEEL' and served 20 months in prison for manslaughter. Eddy Benavides was not involved in the brawl, he was ducking for cover when he was hit in the head by a shotgun blast. The death certificate John posted is (obviously) correct. A bit late to start fact checking now, isn't it? Maybe a good idea to do that before publishing a book, you think?

Gosh, that never occurred to me. Who are you? Have you been lurking and just waiting to huff and puff over a relatively modest error?

Just on a point of logic, why is the death certificate "obviously correct"? With modern word-processing and graphics software, it is very, very easy to produce a genuine-looking document of this kind. I could produce a death certificate for someone else that would look virtual identical to the one "John posted." I'm not saying the document is fake, but just that one should not blindly accept it because it looks real.

Yes, I'm aware of the circumstances of Eddy's death, but that doesn't change the fact that both Domingo and his father-in-law said they believed Eddy was killed in mistake for Domingo. Even Dale Myers admits this is true.

It is also true that Domingo did not change his story, i.e., did not begin to claim he was certain the gunman was Oswald, until after his brother was killed.

If the death cert checks out, which I suspect it will, I will make the following correction to the paragraph in question: Instead of saying that Domingo told the WC that Oswald "bore a resemblance" to the gunman after his brother was killed, I will note that Domingo did not claim he was certain the gunman was Oswald until after his brother was killed in early 1965. While I'm at it, I will include the fact that Domingo's boss said Domingo told him that he did not get a good look at the gunman.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1892 on: September 17, 2020, 11:46:43 AM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #1893 on: September 17, 2020, 04:39:07 PM »
Gosh, that never occurred to me. Who are you? Have you been lurking and just waiting to huff and puff over a relatively modest error?

Just on a point of logic, why is the death certificate "obviously correct"? With modern word-processing and graphics software, it is very, very easy to produce a genuine-looking document of this kind. I could produce a death certificate for someone else that would look virtual identical to the one "John posted." I'm not saying the document is fake, but just that one should not blindly accept it because it looks real.

Yes, I'm aware of the circumstances of Eddy's death, but that doesn't change the fact that both Domingo and his father-in-law said they believed Eddy was killed in mistake for Domingo. Even Dale Myers admits this is true.

It is also true that Domingo did not change his story, i.e., did not begin to claim he was certain the gunman was Oswald, until after his brother was killed.

If the death cert checks out, which I suspect it will, I will make the following correction to the paragraph in question: Instead of saying that Domingo told the WC that Oswald "bore a resemblance" to the gunman after his brother was killed, I will note that Domingo did not claim he was certain the gunman was Oswald until after his brother was killed in early 1965. While I'm at it, I will include the fact that Domingo's boss said Domingo told him that he did not get a good look at the gunman.

Gosh,well it obviously didn't occur to you, did it. If it had you wouldn't have made such a fundamental mistake. Perhaps a little more research and a little less plagiarism is in order. It would have been "a relatively modest error" for an amateur forum member to make, yes. But as a writer you have a far greater responsibility..how many thousands of people have read that mistake in your book and then gone on to state it as fact to thousands upon thousands more on forums and websites? Who am I? Well, what I'm not is someone who writes books for a living and claims to be a JFK assassination expert as you do. Neither do I spread incorrect factoids in books and all over the internet, as you do. You recently made a posting entitled "Poor Scholarship on Display: Larry Sturdivan's Book "The JFK Myths" so perhaps you shouldn't whine so much when someone picks you up on your mistakes. Is it OK for you to criticise other authors work whilst your work is off limits?
Glad you joined the forum, perhaps we can help you improve your research skills and become a better writer.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 04:50:21 PM by Denis Pointing »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #1894 on: September 17, 2020, 06:07:09 PM »
Gosh,well it obviously didn't occur to you, did it. If it had you wouldn't have made such a fundamental mistake. 
Nobodi's perfekt.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1894 on: September 17, 2020, 06:07:09 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1895 on: September 17, 2020, 07:38:40 PM »
I'll have to check on this. I know that Domingo and his father-in-law did say they believed that Eddie was killed in mistake for Domingo. Even Myers admits this. And it was in fact after Edward's death that Domingo changed his story and said he was certain the shooter was Oswald.

I don't recall Domingo ever saying that he was certain the shooter was Oswald.