Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 358088 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1648 on: October 25, 2019, 12:02:26 AM »
Advertisement
Do you have firm evidence that the assassination really happened at exactly 12:30?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1648 on: October 25, 2019, 12:02:26 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #1649 on: October 25, 2019, 12:04:35 AM »

JohnM

And that clock was accurate?

Care to discuss it with Charles Collins, who seems to be of the opinion that back in 1963 clocks couldn't be relied on to give the exact accurate time?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #1650 on: October 25, 2019, 12:18:15 AM »
And that clock was accurate?

How many clocks/watches in 1963 can you prove were accurate?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1650 on: October 25, 2019, 12:18:15 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #1651 on: October 25, 2019, 12:28:08 AM »
How many clocks/watches in 1963 can you prove were accurate?

JohnM

Why ask me? You posted the picture, so how do you know the time on the clock is accurate?

Obviously, if you can't show the clock is accurate, there would not be any point in posting the picture, right?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #1652 on: October 25, 2019, 12:34:32 AM »
Obviously, if you can't show the clock is accurate, there would not be any point in posting the picture, right?

That's exactly the answer I was looking for, you or I can't prove that any clock/watch in 1963 was accurate therefore the CT's heavy reliance on minute/second accuracy for the Tippit murder is a waste of time. Thanks for playing!

JohnM
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 12:44:18 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1652 on: October 25, 2019, 12:34:32 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #1653 on: October 25, 2019, 01:32:26 AM »
Hang on, so the term "universally recognized time of 12:30" doesn't really mean the assassination happened at 12:30?

But didn't you just claim that the DPD transcripts of the voice actived recording devices containing time calls by the dispatchers were correct because they line up with Thomas M. Atkins saying that he looked at his wristwatch and it said 12:30 when he heard the shots.

So what exactly is the purpose of that claim when you don't claim that the assassination took place at 12:30?

Are you now taking the position that the assassination could also have happened shortly prior to or after 12:30, is that what you are saying?

You seem to be all over the place with this time stuff....

You seem to be confused. I have no idea what you are supposed to be arguing about.

Hang on, so the term "universally recognized time of 12:30" doesn't really mean the assassination happened at 12:30?

Your question included the word "exactly." That is why I said no one claimed that.

If I remember correctly I joined the discussion after someone stated that the voice time stamps on the DPD recordings were meaningless. I simply began showing what Bowles documented regarding this subject. Once I showed that, the question became whether or not the official time for the Dallas, TX city hall clocks network was synchronized with real world time. I am simply showing that they appear to be within the tolerances that Bowles  specified.

If you are still lost, I suggest that you go back and read the previous posts.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 11:16:24 AM by Charles Collins »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #1654 on: October 25, 2019, 01:34:25 AM »
Exactly, that's the hypocrisy...

On the one hand argueing that most accurate time pieces are not exact and that Markham's, Bowley's and the Methodist Hospital's clock were all slow and using as "evidence" for that claim the transcripts of voice activated recording devices containing time calls by dispatchers who were using non synchronized clocks with a possible estimated margin of error of two minutes ahead or behind "official time", whatever that may be.....

And on the other hand argueing that those same time calls by dispatchers were correct because they allegedly matched up with the time on Thomas M. Atkins' wristwatch

And the clock atop the TSBD.

And please don't forget Walt's contribution:

Martin, FWIW.... Merriman Smith a reporter in the press poll car in the motorcade grabbed the microphone and announced the shots fired immediately , that radio break was recorded at 12:30....
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 01:48:56 AM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1654 on: October 25, 2019, 01:34:25 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #1655 on: October 25, 2019, 01:39:38 AM »
T.F. Bowley affidavit:

"I saw a police officer lying next to the left front wheel. I stopped my car and got out to go to the scene. I looked at my watch and it said 1:10 pm."

Thomas Atkins was documenting the activities of the President. It was an important aspect of his job to be able to pinpoint the time that these activities occurred. He was on the job at the time of the assassination. Does it seem very likely that he would let his wristwatch be very far off the official time? Can you say the same about T.F. Bowley?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 01:49:38 AM by Charles Collins »