Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 357995 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1168 on: April 22, 2019, 10:42:45 PM »
Advertisement
Who would that be?

Note I changed my post before I read this, but Calloway saw Oswald close enough to ID him
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 10:52:04 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1168 on: April 22, 2019, 10:42:45 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #1169 on: April 22, 2019, 10:49:15 PM »
Other witnesses to what?

There you go again

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1170 on: April 22, 2019, 10:52:09 PM »
Note I changed my post before I read this, but Calloway saw him close enough to ID Oswald

Glad you dispensed with the ?few feet away? nonsense.

I don?t know who Calloway is, but Callaway did not witness a crime. And if he really saw a guy running down Patton street and then turning west on Jefferson, then why did he come back and ask Benavides if he saw which way the guy went?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1170 on: April 22, 2019, 10:52:09 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1171 on: April 22, 2019, 10:52:57 PM »
There you go again

There you go again.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 10:53:31 PM by John Iacoletti »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #1172 on: April 22, 2019, 11:07:35 PM »
Postal Inspector Harry Holmes testified that Oswald had previously rented a post office box in New Orleans, during the summer of 1963.  Oswald's New Orleans application and his Dallas application were found.  Unlike the Dallas post office box application, the New Orleans post office box application still had the portion which listed others who were able to receive mail at that post office box.  In the New Orleans application, Oswald included the names of both Marina Oswald and A.J. Hidell as those able to receive mail in that box.

Holmes spoke with Oswald on Sunday morning, the 24th.  Holmes asked Oswald about the Dallas post office box.  Oswald stated that he was the only one who received mail at that box and that he didn't receive any mail there that was addressed to any name other than his true name.  Holmes then asked Oswald about the box that Oswald rented in New Orleans earlier that year.  Oswald again stated that he was the only one permitted to receive mail at that p.o. box.  Holmes reminded Oswald that he (Oswald) had listed Marina Oswald as a person eligible to receive mail in that box.  Oswald's reply was basically "Well so what?  She was my wife and I see nothing wrong with that."  Holmes then reminded Oswald that one "A.J. Hidell" was also listed in the section on the application listing others eligible to receive mail in that post office box.  Holmes said that Oswald replied "I don't recall anything about that".

Oswald was caught in a lie.  The handwriting which permitted A.J. Hidell to receive mail at the New Orleans post office box belonged to Lee Oswald (per experts Cole and Cadigan).

And you can back all this with notes and recordings, right? LHO knew his rights and had no lawyer so why would he say anything?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1172 on: April 22, 2019, 11:07:35 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #1173 on: April 22, 2019, 11:08:04 PM »
Glad you dispensed with the ?few feet away? nonsense.

I don?t know who Calloway is, but Callaway did not witness a crime. And if he really saw a guy running down Patton street and then turning west on Jefferson, then why did he come back and ask Benavides if he saw which way the guy went?

Point out where I claim that Callaway witnessed anything other than the man he saw with a gun held in an upright ready position was the same man he ID'd as Oswald. Like Martin said, people saw different things. Markham saw Oswald right at the scene. Callaway didn't.

But one thing they both saw was Oswald at-the-trot.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 11:15:15 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #1174 on: April 22, 2019, 11:08:24 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1174 on: April 22, 2019, 11:08:24 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #1175 on: April 22, 2019, 11:10:07 PM »
The Hidell name listed was in the same handwriting as the Marina Oswald name listed in that section.  Oswald acknowledged the Marina Oswald listing yet denied any knowledge of the Hidell listed name.

What does New Orleans have to do with Dallas?