Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 358948 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #832 on: January 22, 2019, 12:11:44 AM »
Advertisement
Can any WC endorser show that a 2" Commando is the *same* as a Special?

Rob....Guns, like cars are often referred to by some slang term....  A modified car might be called a "bomb" or a "rocket sled" or any number of names...

A small easily concealable hand gun might be called a Bank Withdrawal Ticket, or a "Saturday Night Special"....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #832 on: January 22, 2019, 12:11:44 AM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #833 on: January 22, 2019, 01:08:03 AM »
Can any WC endorser show that a 2" Commando is the *same* as a Special?

See this article, Rob. https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/handguns/sw-victory-revolver/ The S & W .38 Special was called the Victory while the Colt .38 Special was called the Commando.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #834 on: January 31, 2019, 07:58:42 PM »
As it is, we have a chain of custody, as established by the testimonies of the principals. McDonald grabbed the gun from Oswald. Carroll took the gun from McDonald's hand. Carroll gave the gun to Hill when they got in the car to take Oswald to the Dallas municipal building.

So far so good.

Not so fast:

Mr. CARROLL. Yes, sir; and then when I got up close enough, I saw a pistol pointing at me so I reached and grabbed the pistol and jerked the pistol away and stuck it In my belt, and then I grabbed Oswald.
Mr. BALL. Who had hold of that pistol at that time?
Mr. CARROLL. I don't know, sir. I just saw the pistol pointing at me and I grabbed it and jerked it away from whoever had it and that's all, and by that time then the handcuffs were put on Oswald.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #834 on: January 31, 2019, 07:58:42 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #835 on: January 31, 2019, 08:49:58 PM »
So far so good.

Not so fast:

Mr. CARROLL. Yes, sir; and then when I got up close enough, I saw a pistol pointing at me so I reached and grabbed the pistol and jerked the pistol away and stuck it In my belt, and then I grabbed Oswald.
Mr. CARROLL. I don't know, sir. I just saw the pistol pointing at me and I grabbed it and jerked it away from whoever had it and that's all, and by that time then the handcuffs were put on Oswald.

'Thing' pointed the gun

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 08:52:36 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #836 on: January 31, 2019, 10:03:01 PM »
So far so good.

Not so fast:

McDonald said he handed the pistol to Carroll.

These guys couldn't keep their stories straight.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:45:32 PM by Gary Craig »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #836 on: January 31, 2019, 10:03:01 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #837 on: February 01, 2019, 02:17:06 PM »

Hey!!??   Where's the part about Mc Donald sticking the web of his hand between the hammer and the frame of the revolver???

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #838 on: February 01, 2019, 11:31:41 PM »

Not only that, but they even had several days before Curry asked them to all write reports to compare stories and put together a blue code version of what went down in the theater.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #838 on: February 01, 2019, 11:31:41 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #839 on: February 01, 2019, 11:35:01 PM »
Hey!!??   Where's the part about Mc Donald sticking the web of his hand between the hammer and the frame of the revolver???

And Bentley said that it was he who stuck his hand in and prevented the revolver from firing.  But the original story was just that it "misfired".

Keep in mind that the Dallas PD was getting a lot of heat for police brutality after the press saw Oswald's head.  They had to come up with a good story to justify that.