Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 358229 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #728 on: June 29, 2018, 11:59:21 PM »
Advertisement
where did Benevides ever say he saw a revolver?

Benavides said that he saw the killer remove a spent shell ( singular) from his gun and flip that spent shell away into the bushes....Do you believe that Benavides was referring to an automatic??   What else could Benavides have been referring to?, but a revolver....And a revolver that was NOT a Smith & Wesson.

IOW, he didn't say it was a revolver.

At least, I agree that he said he saw the gunman unload a single round from the weapon. That could definitely be a revolver. However, it could also be a derringer. Or a single-shot. Or a pepperbox. And, it could also be someone manually clearing a jam from an automatic.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #728 on: June 29, 2018, 11:59:21 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #729 on: June 30, 2018, 12:17:42 AM »
IOW, he didn't say it was a revolver.

At least, I agree that he said he saw the gunman unload a single round from the weapon. That could definitely be a revolver. However, it could also be a derringer. Or a single-shot. Or a pepperbox. And, it could also be someone manually clearing a jam from an automatic.

However, it could also be a derringer. Or a single-shot. Or a pepperbox.

Yes....Except the killer had just fired four or five shots in a couple of seconds.....The killer must have been faster than a speeding bullet (like superman) if he was using a single shot gun.... And you don't clear a jammed automatic by picking the jammed shell out as Benavides described.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 12:53:45 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #730 on: June 30, 2018, 12:21:57 AM »
Benavides watched Tippit's killer extract a single shell from the revolver.....A Smith & Wesson dumps all spent shells in a single stroke of the extractor, just as FBI agent Cortland Cunningham demonstrated for the WC with "Oswald's S&W.

Clearly Tippit's killr was NOT using a Smith & Wesson.....

Pretty much any crane-and-cylinder double-action revolver uses a rod-n'-star ejector like an S&W Victory, regardless of who makes it. Every one I've ever seen is that way, with the exception of a top-break model I saw once. SA revolvers are the ones with the loading gate and one-at-a-time loading, IIRC. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #730 on: June 30, 2018, 12:21:57 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #731 on: June 30, 2018, 12:28:04 AM »
However, it could also be a derringer. Or a single-shot. Or a pepperbox.

Yes....Except the killer had just fired four or five shots in a couple of seconds.....The killer must have been faster than a speeding bullet (like superman) if he was using a singles hot gun.... And you don't clear a jammed automatic by picking the jammed shell out as Benavides described.

You clear an automatic by pulling the slide, which someone a hundred feet away could easily mistake for someone pulling the case out.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #732 on: June 30, 2018, 12:40:19 AM »
You clear an automatic by pulling the slide, which someone a hundred feet away could easily mistake for someone pulling the case out.

Benavides was only about twenty feet from the killer when he picked the spent shell out of the revolver and tossed it away....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #732 on: June 30, 2018, 12:40:19 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #733 on: June 30, 2018, 01:11:40 AM »
He may well have done, although I doubt it, but Brown's OP contains only part of the whole story and can not be relied upon.

For instance, Helen Markham testified she left home at "a little after 1". She had only one block to walk, yet according to the official story Tippit was shot at around 1.14 pm. That means that, for the official story to be true, Markham would have taken some 10 minutes to walk one block. Anything less than that would have placed her well beyond 10th/Patton prior to the shooting. Obviously, if the shooting happened earlier, it's just about impossible for Oswald to have been there on time to do the deed.

William Scoggins's testimony reveals that his timing was off and that he got to 10th/Patton earlier than the official story claims. Also, Scoggins, who is supposed to have identified Oswald at the DPD line up failed to identify Oswald as Tippit's killer to the FBI from a photo shown to him the very next day.

Domingo Benavides, who was closer to the actual shooting than anybody else, refused to participate in a line up because he felt he could not positively identify the killer, yet others, like the Davis sisters, who were indoors somehow can identify the man? Really?

There are so many things Brown doesn't tell you, that his entire OP is just a one sided dishonest presentation of what he wants to be the truth rather than the truth itself.

Domingo Benavides, who was closer to the actual shooting than anybody else, refused to participate in a line up because he felt he could not positively identify the killer,

Domingo Benavides, who was closer to the actual shooting than anybody else, refused to participate in a line up because he felt he could not identify the Lee Oswald as the killer,

Domingo Benavides, who was closer to the actual shooting than anybody else, refused to participate in a line up

Refused to participate??.....   Did Helen Markham have a choice?....How about Howard Brennan?, Or William Whaley. or Cecil Mc Watters?..... Did any of them have a choice?

The fact is:....The police did not want Benavides to view a line up, because he would not have identified Lee Oswald as Tippit's killer

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #734 on: July 01, 2018, 02:23:34 PM »
Pretty much any crane-and-cylinder double-action revolver uses a rod-n'-star ejector like an S&W Victory, regardless of who makes it. Every one I've ever seen is that way, with the exception of a top-break model I saw once. SA revolvers are the ones with the loading gate and one-at-a-time loading, IIRC.

Mr. BELIN - All right. Now, you said you saw the man with the gun throw the shells?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN - Well, did you see the man empty his gun?
Mr. BENAVIDES - That is what he was doing. He took one out and threw it

The S&W revolver is designed to extract all spent shells by a single stroke of the extractor. The shells are NOT removed one at a time.

Mr. BALL. And what did you see the man doing?
Mrs. DAVIS. Well, first off she went to screaming before I had paid too much attention to him, and pointing at him, and he was, what I thought, was emptying the gun.
Mr. BALL. He had a gun in his hand?
Mrs. DAVIS. Yes.

The S&W revolver is designed to extract all spent shells by a single stroke of the extractor. The shells are NOT removed one at a time.

Mr. BELIN. Did you see anything else as you heard her screaming?
Mrs. DAVIS. Well, we saw Oswald. We didn't know it was Oswald at the time. We saw that boy cut across the lawn emptying the shells out of the gun.

IOW...We didn't recognize the BOY as Oswald, it was later that they told us the BOY we saw was Oswald...

Mr. BALL. What did you see him doing?
Mr. GUINYARD. He came through there running and knocking empty shells out of his pistol and he had it up just like this with his hand.
Mr. BALL. With which hand?
Mr. GUINYARD. With his right hand; just kicking them out.
Mr. BALL. He had it up?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #734 on: July 01, 2018, 02:23:34 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #735 on: July 01, 2018, 06:00:56 PM »
Mr. BELIN - I am going to go down and get some clothing and see if you can identify it and I will be back in 1 minute.
Mr. BENAVIDES - Okay.
Mr. BELIN - I am handing you a jacket which has been marked as "Commission's Exhibit 163," and ask you to state whether this bears any similarity to the jacket you saw this man with the gun wearing?
Mr. BENAVIDES - I would say this looks just like it. Looks like he had laundried it, but it looks like it was a newer coat than that.
Mr. BELIN - I am handing you what has been marked "Commission's Exhibit 150," and see if this looks anything like the shirt that he had on?
Mr. BENAVIDES - I think the shirt looked darker than that.
Mr. BELIN - The shirt was darker?

Anything darker than that shirt [CE150] would have to be pitch black.