Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 358095 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #2568 on: July 07, 2021, 12:01:11 AM »
Advertisement
Callaway reports the shooting on the squad car radio as the ambulance is taking off.  The 2nd "602" is Butler attempting to notify dispatch that they are en route to the hospital but he is blocked out by Callaway, who is currently on the squad car radio reporting the incident.

What "2nd '602'"?  And how do you know what he was attempting to do?

Again... It's foolish to believe that Croy is interviewing Markham next to the patrol car while the body is lying in the street and the ambulance personnel is dealing with trying to get the body loaded.

In other words you're speculating, right?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2568 on: July 07, 2021, 12:01:11 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #2569 on: July 07, 2021, 12:02:43 AM »
How would Whaley know the shirt was long-sleeved if the guy was wearing a jacket?  Please explain.

Ask him.  He's the one who couldn't get his story straight.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #2570 on: July 09, 2021, 06:48:24 PM »
In other words you're speculating, right?

No speculation.

I very clearly said that it's foolish to believe that Croy is interviewing Markham next to the patrol car while the body is lying in the street and the ambulance personnel is dealing with trying to get the body loaded.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2570 on: July 09, 2021, 06:48:24 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #2571 on: July 09, 2021, 06:50:20 PM »
Ask him.  He's the one who couldn't get his story straight.

That's not an answer.

That weekend, Whaley told the FBI that his passenger had on a shirt with long sleeves.  You can ignore it if you wish, doesn't matter to me.  But, the question remains.  How did Whaley know his passenger had a long-sleeved shirt on if the guy was supposedly wearing a jacket or two?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 06:50:49 PM by Bill Brown »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #2572 on: July 31, 2021, 06:42:26 PM »
No speculation.

I very clearly said that it's foolish to believe that Croy is interviewing Markham next to the patrol car while the body is lying in the street and the ambulance personnel is dealing with trying to get the body loaded.

Of course it's speculation.  You have no way of knowing one way or the other.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2572 on: July 31, 2021, 06:42:26 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #2573 on: July 31, 2021, 06:44:36 PM »
That's not an answer.

How am I supposed to know how Whaley knew anything?  He said what he said and you're cherry-picking the parts you like.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2574 on: December 06, 2021, 05:44:48 PM »

Either the tapes have been altered (for what reason, pray tell?) or Callaway simply misremembered what he did and when, related to helping load the body into the ambulance and then getting on the squad car radio to report the incident to the police dispatcher.

It's all laid out for you if you just go read the transcripts of the police tapes.  It really isn't my problem if you cannot comprehend what you're looking at.

Apparently, you did not read my comment completely before getting all excited and rushing off to respond.  Slow down.  Deep breaths.

It could very easily be (and most likely is the case, if you listen to the police tapes) that Croy interviewed Markham "next to Tippit's patrol car" once the ambulance left the scene and after Callaway had already made his report on the squad car radio.

It's foolish to believe that Croy is interviewing Markham next to the patrol car while the body is lying in the street and the ambulance personnel is dealing with trying to get the body loaded.  Pure foolishness.

Callaway helps load the body into the ambulance.  He said the ambulance was arriving right as he was getting to the scene.

Callaway reports the shooting on the squad car radio as the ambulance is taking off.  The 2nd "602" is Butler attempting to notify dispatch that they are en route to the hospital but he is blocked out by Callaway, who is currently on the squad car radio reporting the incident.

Croy, once the ambulance is gone, is NOW beginning to interview Markham near/leaning against Tippit's patrol car.

Seriously, use your head.

Again... It's foolish to believe that Croy is interviewing Markham next to the patrol car while the body is lying in the street and the ambulance personnel is dealing with trying to get the body loaded.

You're a propagandist, Weidmann.  You throw your own key witness under the bus when it fits your narrative.  Callaway wasn't mistaken about his positive identification of Oswald as the man he saw running down Patton with a gun in his hands immediately after hearing the gun shots.  Guinyard wasn't either.  If you truly were a researcher, you'd know I've never claimed to be a researcher.  But I could beat your ass any day in an online debate.

Either the tapes have been altered (for what reason, pray tell?) or Callaway simply misremembered what he did and when, related to helping load the body into the ambulance and then getting on the squad car radio to report the incident to the police dispatcher.

Another weak argument to add to your growing collection! This isn’t about the tapes being altered vs Callaway being wrong. This is about you foolishly believing that the tapes/transcripts somehow “prove” that Callaway helped to put Tippit into the ambulance before making his call, which of course they don’t prove at all. Callaway’s own statement to the FBI (in Febr. 1964) and his WC testimony show conclusively that your opinion is wrong, whether you like it or not.

You seem to have become so desperate to win an argument, that you have completely lost sight of the facts and reality in this case. Not only is Callaway on record twice saying he made the call prior to helping load Tippit into the ambulance but the Nashes tell us, in their article “The other witness”, what ambulance driver Butler said about what actually happened with the two calls he made in vain because he couldn’t get through as somebody else (i.e. Callaway) was on the radio.

Against this persuasive evidence of your error, you can only put your erroneous opinion. That should tell you something, but it probably won’t.

It's all laid out for you if you just go read the transcripts of the police tapes.  It really isn't my problem if you cannot comprehend what you're looking at.

I ask you a simple question and all you can do is point to the transcripts (which tell us nothing) combined with one of your usual denigrating comments and run? Really?

You claimed the 2nd “602” was “Butler attempting to let dispatch know they were leaving the scene”. You don't know what Butler was attempting to do and there is nothing to support such claim in the transcripts. You just made up the reason for the call. Unfortunately for you, the Nashes' article, from 1964, explains exactly what was actually happening at that moment and it wasn't Butler attempting to let dispatch know they were leaving the scene. Instead, the article tells us, it was to let his dispatcher know the victim was a police officer. You are just – as you so often do – stating your erroneous opinion as if it is a fact.

Apparently, you did not read my comment completely before getting all excited and rushing off to respond.  Slow down.  Deep breaths.

Do you really think these denigrating comments make any impact? Do you need them to make yourself somehow feel superior? You really have a high opinion of yourself, don’t you? Constantly belittling people is bad enough, but when you do it when you yourself are 100% wrong about just about everything you write is pathetic!

It could very easily be (and most likely is the case, if you listen to the police tapes) that Croy interviewed Markham "next to Tippit's patrol car" once the ambulance left the scene and after Callaway had already made his report on the squad car radio.

It's foolish to believe that Croy is interviewing Markham next to the patrol car while the body is lying in the street and the ambulance personnel is dealing with trying to get the body loaded.  Pure foolishness.

Now we are getting into the realm of the ridiculous, hilarious and plain weird speculation. For somebody who is constantly telling others to learn the case, you might be well advised to take your own advise because you are talking utter nonsense.

There is nothing on the police tapes about when Croy interviewed Markham. There is however in his WC testimony, where he testified that when he arrived he saw that Tippit was being loaded into the ambulance. We know for a fact that Callaway and Bowley helped to do that. So, and this is not an unreasonable estimate, the ambulance probably left the scene within 15 to 20 seconds after Croy’s arrival. He [Croy] also testified that the first thing he did at the scene was start talking to a witness, which probably was Markham and he did so while standing next to and leaning on Tippit’s patrol car

Callaway helps load the body into the ambulance.  He said the ambulance was arriving right as he was getting to the scene.

Croy, once the ambulance is gone, is NOW beginning to interview Markham near/leaning against Tippit's patrol car.

You can try to rewrite history as much as you like but you can’t just make stuff up as you go along. And that’s what you are doing!

Callaway did not say that “the ambulance was arriving right as he was getting to the scene”. You just made that up. This is what Callaway actually said;

Mr. CALLAWAY. I saw a squad car, and by that time there was four or five people that had gathered, a couple of cars had stopped. Then I saw--I went on up to the squad car and saw the police officer lying in the street. I see he had been shot in the head. So the first thing I did, I ran over to the squad car. I didn't know whether anybody reported it or not. So I got on the police radio and called them, and told them a man had been shot, told them the location, I thought the officer was dead. They said we know about it, stay off the air, so I went back. By this time an ambulance was coming.

He clearly states that the ambulance arrived around the time he was making his call on the police radio or just after it. That’s not when he arrived at the scene.

But that’s not all. Callaway he also tells us what he actually did after Tippit had been loaded in the ambulance and it wasn’t making his radio call;

The officer was laying on his left side, his pistol was underneath him. I kind of rolled him over and took his gun out from under him. The people wonder whether he ever got his pistol out of his holster. He did.
Mr. BALL. The pistol was out of the holster?
Mr. CALLAWAY. Yes, sir; out of the holster, and it was unsnapped. It was on his right side. He was laying with the gun under him.
Mr. BALL. What did you do?
Mr. CALLAWAY. I picked the gun up and laid it on the hood of the squad car, and then someone put it in the front seat of the squad car. Then after I helped load Officer Tippit in the ambulance, I got the gun out of the car and told this cabdriver, I said, "You saw the guy didn't you?" He said, yes.

Bowley confirms this sequence of events in his affidavit;

I helped load the officer onto the stretcher and into the ambulance. As we picked the officer up, I noticed his pistol laying on the ground under him. Someone picked the pistol up and laid it on the hood of the squad car. When the ambulance left, I took the gun and put it inside the squad car. A man took the pistol out and said, "Let's catch him."

All this happened in a matter of seconds, but the sequence of events is beyond obvious;

When Callaway arrives at the scene, her first looks at Tippit and then (just like he testified) gets in the police car to use the radio. At around that moment the ambulance arrives and just as Callaway is making his call, Butler makes his two failed  attempts to get through to the dispatcher.

Callaway then joins Bowley in helping Butler to load Tippit into the ambulance, which is seen by Croy, as he arrives at the scene. At this point Callaway picks up Tippit’s revolver and puts  it on the hood of the squad car. After the ambulance left, Bowley puts the revolver inside the car. By now, Croy is standing next to Tippit’s car, talking to Markham, and Callaway gets the revolver out of the car and he and Scoggins start to look for the suspect.

The only thing you are probably right about is that Croy did in fact start talking to Markham after the ambulance left. However, having Croy standing next to the police car at that moment makes it basiscally impossible for Callaway to have made his radio call after the ambulance left! You seem to have scored an own goal there!

Seriously, use your head.

The problem with this pathetic comment is that nobody actually believes or claims that. It’s nothing but a silly strawman. When he arrived, Croy saw Tippit being loaded into the ambulance, which of course means that he was no longer lying in the street.

As already stated earlier, the ambulance probably left the scene within 15 to 20 seconds after Croy’s arrival. In those 15 to 20 seconds, Croy found Markham (who was screaming and thus easily noticed) and started talking to hear near Tippit’s car.

And yet somehow, you (incorrectly) have Callaway (who was actually placing Tippit’s revolver on the hood of the car and then collecting it again from the front seat of the car, where Bowley had placed it) - sneaking in and out of the police car to make his call, in just the few seconds it took Croy to start a conversation with Markham. Really? And then you have the audacity to tell me to use my head?

You've been there, so you know exactly just how small the crime scene actually was? Callaway said that he called the DPD dispatcher because he did not know if the shooting had been reported earlier. Do you really think there is even a remote possibility that Callaway would not have seen Croy, in his police uniform, standing near Tippit’s car?

On second thought, never mind. You would believe that an U.F.O. landed around the corner if it somehow supports your silly claims.

You're a propagandist, Weidmann.  You throw your own key witness under the bus when it fits your narrative.

Hilarious and extremely childish. In all my time on this forum I have never ever made any statement or claim about Oswald’s guilt, innocence or involvement. How one can be a propagandist when – unlike you – one has never advanced any kind of theory is something you need to explain to me, but I seriously doubt that you can.

And as far as throwing your own key witness under the bus goes, isn't that exactly what you are doing right now? According to you, your most reliable witness, Callaway, was confused and mistaken when he testified to the WC. Wow.....

Callaway wasn't mistaken about his positive identification of Oswald as the man he saw running down Patton with a gun in his hands immediately after hearing the gun shots.  Guinyard wasn't either.   

Ah... there’s the classic LN deflection! Why are you bringing this up? We are not discussing if Callaway identified Oswald or not. We are discussing your foolish claim that he made his radio call after helping put Tippit into the ambulance. This deflection has desperation written all over it. It’s seems to be saying that even if you lose this argument (as you already have) you nevertheless “win” because Callaway positively identified Oswald.

If you truly were a researcher, you'd know I've never claimed to be a researcher.

More deflection! Hilarious. Pray tell, when exactly did I ever claim to be a researcher?

I am not sufficiently interested in you to even check whether you have ever claimed to be a reseacher (you probably have, though) or not, because I don’t give a damn.

What I do know is that, judging by the number of times you have told people to “learn the case” and your constant outright dismissals of what people say as well as denigrating comments, like “just correcting your error” (when there was no error in most cases), you sure as hell consider yourself to be superior to others and your videos show you absolutely like to listen to yourself talking about this case.

But truth be told, I don’t think for a second that you are a true researcher of this case, because a researcher needs to have an open mind and be willing to honestly debate the facts with others. You don’t qualify for either. You, like the WC before you, just want to tell a standard (biased) narrative which, in many ways, makes you not much different from a tour guide who tells fairytales at Disney World....

And this little comment;

But I could beat your ass any day in an online debate.

tells us all exactly what you are really all about. This is the kind of comment an arrogant yet highly insecure high school bully would make. It’s not about the facts and the truth to you. It’s a competition to you, that’s all it is! Well, guess what, you’ve already lost, because all I was ever interested in is an actual debate and not a Bill Brown type of on line slug out!

« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 11:53:23 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2574 on: December 06, 2021, 05:44:48 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #2575 on: December 06, 2021, 08:19:07 PM »
I stand by everything I've already stated in this thread.  The long-winded post by Weidmann doesn't change that.

I'm not sure what Otto Beck is referring to, regarding "the Whaley thing".