Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 358225 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #2272 on: May 18, 2021, 07:19:21 PM »
Advertisement
When you stated the following...

"She [Mrs Roberts] said that she was trying to get the television to work so she could watch the 1 PM news to find out more about Kennedy."

...I was concerned you were inventing witness testimony to support your entrenched position and this, indeed, appears to be the case.
When I asked you where you were getting this information from you replied "From Roberts herself", but this is not true. Nowhere, except in your imagination, does Roberts say she was trying to watch the 1 PM news.
Rather than admit to this blatant fabrication you come up with some bizarre assumptionfest concluding with the assumption that there was no TV channel showing in the Dallas area that was covering the assassination between 12:41 and 1 PM

I was alerted by your incredible refusal to reject Roberts' emphatic testimony that Oswald was zipping up a jacket as he left the rooming house but your willingness to accept her vague and confused guess at the timing of Oswald's hurried entrance - because it was after JFK was shot!!
This is only outdone by your refusal of Frazier's equally emphatic identification of the light grey jacket Oswald wore to work that morning. The same jacket he was wearing when Frazier dropped him off!

However, refusing to accept such emphatic witness testimony is one thing - creating new witness testimony is quite another.

"She [Mrs Roberts] said that she was trying to get the television to work so she could watch the 1 PM news to find out more about Kennedy."

Did she use those exact words? No, but what she said is not misrepresented by what I wrote, as there was news about Kennedy at 1 PM. Perhaps it was not "the 1 PM news", but news was being broadcast nevertheless. Only somebody looking for an argument for argument's sake would make a big issue out of this.

...I was concerned you were inventing witness testimony to support your entrenched position and this, indeed, appears to be the case.
When I asked you where you were getting this information from you replied "From Roberts herself", but this is not true. Nowhere, except in your imagination, does Roberts say she was trying to watch the 1 PM news.

Oh goody, we're playing word games again....

Rather than admit to this blatant fabrication you come up with some bizarre assumptionfest concluding with the assumption that there was no TV channel showing in the Dallas area that was covering the assassination between 12:41 and 1 PM

It's a far better assumption than to assume that Roberts was searching for a channel with news about Kennedy after 12:41. You seem to conveniently forget that she got a telephone call from a friend who told her Kennedy had been killed and to put the TV on. Kennedy wasn't declared dead until 1 PM!

Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, it was after President Kennedy had been shot and I had a friend that said, "Roberts, President Kennedy has been shot," and I said, "Oh, no." She said, "Turn on your television," and I said "What are you trying to do, pull my leg?" And she said, "Well, go turn it on." I went and turned it on and I was trying to clear it up---I could hear them talking but I couldn't get the picture and he come in

Now, why would a friend have to tell her that if she was already searching for a station with news about Kennedy? It seems that you are the one making up your own reality.

But let me guess, you could not find a single station that was broadcasting news about Kennedy before 1 PM, right? So, instead you decide to attack me? Great stuff.....

In a previous post you wrote;

It seems from around 12:41 PM (or after the bulletin ended) Roberts is trying to find a channel with the news about the shooting on.

How does this "seem" to be? Did Roberts say anything that indicated that or is it just a figment of your imagination?

I was alerted by your incredible refusal to reject Roberts' emphatic testimony that Oswald was zipping up a jacket as he left the rooming house

Now, who is making stuff up? I never refused to reject (or accept for that matter) Robert's testimony about the jacket. I merely stated that the evidence about the grey jacket CE 162 was ambivalent. It was you who then started to concoct a extremely dubious story about Oswald leaving the TSBD wearing a jacket, which completely ignored that Bledsoe couldn't have seen the hole in the sleeve of his shirt, if he was wearing a jacket, as well as Roberts herself saying he entered the house wearing a shirt and not a jacket. Go figure!

This is only outdone by your refusal of Frazier's equally emphatic identification of the light grey jacket Oswald wore to work that morning.

Pray tell... where can I find Frazier's "emphatic identification of the light grey jacket Oswald wore to work that morning"

The same jacket he was wearing when Frazier dropped him off!

Did Frazier actually say that or are you just making it up?

Your truth seeking didn't take very long, did it now?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 10:12:06 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2272 on: May 18, 2021, 07:19:21 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #2273 on: May 18, 2021, 08:02:45 PM »
No it's asking for evidence. I can't help it if that's a foreign concept to you.

1) Not to Markham

BILL CHAPMAN

2) Nor to a few good men at and around the Tippit scene that day

BILL CHAPMAN

« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 09:14:17 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #2274 on: May 18, 2021, 08:28:52 PM »
This is the Alamo position of the contrarian.  When all else fails and the evidence proves some point they don't want to accept, we learn it "might" be planted.  The old impossible standard of proof argument.  There is no valid basis to discuss the case or evidence if at the end of the day it can be dismissed upon no basis whatsoever by contending the evidence "might" or "possibly" be planted. That is not even allowed in a criminal trial context.  There must be at least some basis to argue the evidence is planted.  Not just that it could have happened.  This is called the point of impasse with the likes of Martin/Roger who tells us over and over he is no CTer and has no agenda.  He just ignores all evidence of Oswald's guilt and makes arguments like this one.

---------------
DOWN THE
CONTRARIAN
RABBIT HOLE
---------------
Where Nothing is Knowable
Where Nothing is Provable
Where Nothing is Believable
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 08:53:26 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2274 on: May 18, 2021, 08:28:52 PM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #2275 on: May 18, 2021, 09:57:58 PM »

Did she use those exact words? No, but what she said is not misrepresented by what I wrote.

She never said anything like this.
You haven't misrepresented what she said, you've invented it!
That you can defend such an action speaks volumes about your "truth-seeking" credentials.
It appears you will do literally anything to bolster your intensely flawed outlook on the Tippit murder.
Where does this leave rational, reasoned debate?

Oh goody, we're playing word games again....

:D  You invent testimony, put it in the mouth of a witness then complain about "word games". Priceless.

It's a far better assumption than to assume that Roberts was searching for a channel with news about Kennedy after 12:41. You seem to conveniently forget that a friend told her to put the TV on.

Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, it was after President Kennedy had been shot and I had a friend that said, "Roberts, President Kennedy has been shot," and I said, "Oh, no." She said, "Turn on your television," and I said "What are you trying to do, pull my leg?" And she said, "Well, go turn it on." I went and turned it on and I was trying to clear it up---I could hear them talking but I couldn't get the picture and he come in

Now, why would a friend have to tell her that if she was already searching for a station with news about Kennedy. It seems that you are the one making up your own reality.

But let me guess, you could not find a single station that was broadcasting news about Kennedy before 1 PM, right? So, instead you decide to attack me? Great stuff.....

This speaks of the amount of work you've put into this.
WFAA, Dallas local news, was broadcasting about the assassination long before 1PM.
Here, I've done the work for you (it took 10 seconds):

In a previous post you wrote;

It seems from around 12:41 PM (or after the bulletin ended) Roberts is trying to find a channel with the news about the shooting on.

How does this "seem" to be? Did Roberts say anything that indicated that or is it just a figment of your imagination?

The word "seems" indicates speculation or assumption on my behalf. It's an honest thing to do rather than present assumption as fact.
The speculation is based on the video you posted in which Roberts reports seeing the bulletin and her testimony regarding trying to find out more information on another channel. It "seemed" unlikely she would just settle back into her program after the bulletin.

I was alerted by your incredible refusal to reject Roberts' emphatic testimony that Oswald was zipping up a jacket as he left the rooming house

Now, who is making stuff up? I never refused to reject (or accept for that matter) Robert's testimony about the jacket. I merely stated that the evidence about the grey jacket CE 162 was ambivalent. It was you who then started to concoct a extremely dubious story about Oswald leaving the TSBD wearing a jacket, which completely ignored that Bledsoe couldn't have seen the hole in the sleeve of his shirt, if he was wearing a jacket, as well as Roberts herself saying he entered the house wearing a shirt and not a jacket. Go figure!

"Now, who is making stuff up?"

Is this a tacit admission of your own behaviour?  8)

Roberts testimony about Oswald leaving the house zipping up a jacket is emphatic and unequivocal, there is nothing ambivalent about it.
Speculation - as the dark blue jacket is in the TSBD and Oswald only has two jackets it is safe to assume which jacket he was zipping up as he left the rooming house.

This is only outdone by your refusal of Frazier's equally emphatic identification of the light grey jacket Oswald wore to work that morning.

Pray tell... where can I find Frazier's "emphatic identification of the light grey jacket Oswald wore to work that morning"

The same jacket he was wearing when Frazier dropped him off!

Did Frazier actually say that or are you just making it up?

I thought you were familiar with Frazier's testimony?

Your truth seeking didn't take very long, did it now?

My "truth-seeking" credentials are established.
What about yours?

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2276 on: May 18, 2021, 10:43:19 PM »
She never said anything like this.
You haven't misrepresented what she said, you've invented it!
That you can defend such an action speaks volumes about your "truth-seeking" credentials.
It appears you will do literally anything to bolster your intensely flawed outlook on the Tippit murder.
Where does this leave rational, reasoned debate?

:D  You invent testimony, put it in the mouth of a witness then complain about "word games". Priceless.

This speaks of the amount of work you've put into this.
WFAA, Dallas local news, was broadcasting about the assassination long before 1PM.
Here, I've done the work for you (it took 10 seconds):

The word "seems" indicates speculation or assumption on my behalf. It's an honest thing to do rather than present assumption as fact.
The speculation is based on the video you posted in which Roberts reports seeing the bulletin and her testimony regarding trying to find out more information on another channel. It "seemed" unlikely she would just settle back into her program after the bulletin.

"Now, who is making stuff up?"

Is this a tacit admission of your own behaviour?  8)

Roberts testimony about Oswald leaving the house zipping up a jacket is emphatic and unequivocal, there is nothing ambivalent about it.
Speculation - as the dark blue jacket is in the TSBD and Oswald only has two jackets it is safe to assume which jacket he was zipping up as he left the rooming house.

What about yours?

An entire post attacking me in a pathetic way and ignoring just about every point I have raised. Oh yes, you are really trying to have a "rational, reasoned debate".

The word "seems" indicates speculation or assumption on my behalf. It's an honest thing to do rather than present assumption as fact. The speculation is based on the video you posted in which Roberts reports seeing the bulletin and her testimony regarding trying to find out more information on another channel. It "seemed" unlikely she would just settle back into her program after the bulletin.

Why would you even speculate, when she told you when Oswald came in. Anyway you were wrong and the video I just posted in my previous post proves it. Just in case you missed it or just ignored it, here it is again.

It's a far better assumption than to assume that Roberts was searching for a channel with news about Kennedy after 12:41. You seem to conveniently forget that she got a telephone call from a friend who told her Kennedy had been killed and to put the TV on. Kennedy wasn't declared dead until 1 PM!

Now, why would a friend have to tell her that, and why would she have to turn on the television, if she was already searching for a station with news about Kennedy? It seems that you are the one making up your own reality. But don't get me wrong. I think I understand where the confusion comes from. On the one hand you have Roberts talking about a special bulletin that came on during "As the world turns" which suggests that she was already watching TV, but then on the other hand you have her saying that she turned the TV on after a friend called her on the telephone and told her to put the television on. This seems to be classic Roberts as described by her employer, Mrs. Johnson, making up stories as she goes along.

I never said that Roberts testimony about the jacket was ambivalent. I said the evidence was ambivalent. If you don't understand the difference, than I can't help you.

You claimed as fact that Oswald left the TSBD wearing a jacket and that Roberts was wrong ("mistaken" is the correct LN term, I believe) when she said he entered the house wearing only a shirt. As this concocted story only matched (in a contrived way) some of the known evidence it most certainly did not match all the known evidence. It was a pathetic story to "explain" how the grey jacket could have been in the rooming house on Friday afternoon and it doesn't pass the smell test.

So, you can make assumptions about which jacket Oswald was zipping up as he left the rooming house, but it is meaningless as long as the discrepancy between Frazier's and Robert's statements on the subject hasn't been resolved.

You claim that Frazier's emphatically identified the light grey jacket Oswald wore to work that morning. The same jacket he was wearing when Frazier dropped him off! That's not an assumption, it's an invented claim. So, I ask you where I can find Frazier making that identification and all you can come up with is this? Really?

All that tells me is that you can't show me where Frazier made that emphatic identification, because it doesn't exist!

What about yours?

I refer back to my comments about when Roberts switched the TV on, your made up story about Oswald leaving the TSBD wearing a jacket and Frazier alleged emphatic identification of the jacket. That tells us all we need to know about your "truth-seeking credentials".

I've been long resigned to the fact that on this forum difference of opinions goes hand in hand with insults and petty games being played. The only reason for me to hang around is that once in a while something is said in a discussion that I did not know. Our discussion about the Tippit time line was constructive and interesting, and then you fall back to this.... It's a shame, really!

Btw. you said;

That sounds like you have your mind made up about the Tippit murder (which would explain a few things) but please tell me what is my "intensely flawed outlook on the Tippit murder" because I haven't got a clue what you are on about.

What do you think (assume, perhaps) that my outlook on the Tippit murder is?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 11:46:35 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2276 on: May 18, 2021, 10:43:19 PM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #2277 on: May 18, 2021, 11:59:13 PM »
An entire post attacking me in a pathetic way and ignoring just about every point I have raised. Oh yes, you are really trying to have a "rational, reasoned debate".

My post was criticising you for falsifying eye-witness testimony to support your argument and I was making the point that it is impossible to have a rational and reasoned debate with someone who is falsifying eye-witness testimony.
Rather than acknowledge your error you tried to defend it.
Now you would like to make yourself out to be the victim of an "attack".

Why would you even speculate, when she told you when Oswald came in. Anyway you were wrong and the video I just posted in my previous post proves it. Just in case you missed it or just ignored it, here it is again.

Now, why would a friend have to tell her that, and why would she have to turn on the television, if she was already searching for a station with news about Kennedy? It seems that you are the one making up your own reality.

In the above video you posted Roberts says she was watching "As The World Turns" when a bulletin about the shooting came on.
It can be assumed, if her testimony is correct, that this was the program that was on when she switched the TV on after her friend called. After the bulletin ended and went back to the original program it is not beyond the realms of possibility that this was the time Roberts started messing with the TV to get another channel with the news on.
No need for a call while she already had the TV on.
No need to invent anything.

You claimed as fact that Oswald left the TSBD wearing a jacket and that Roberts was wrong ("mistaken" is the correct LN term, I believe) when she said he entered the house wearing only a shirt. As this concocted story only matched (in a contrived way) some of the known evidence it most certainly did not match all the known evidence. It was a pathetic story to "explain" how the grey jacket could have been in the rooming house on Friday afternoon and it doesn't pass the smell test.

"You claimed as fact that Oswald left the TSBD wearing a jacket"

This is a falsehood. Nowhere have I claimed that as a fact. I've put that forward as a theory that best fits the majority of eye-witness testimony.

You claim that Frazier's emphatically identified the light grey jacket Oswald wore to work that morning. The same jacket he was wearing when Frazier dropped him off! That's not an assumption, it's an invented claim. So, I ask you where I can find Frazier making that identification and all you can come up with is this? Really?

All that tells me is that you can't show me where Frazier made that emphatic identification, because it doesn't exist!

"...it's an invented claim"

I'm not the one who invents things around here:

Mr. BALL - On Thursday afternoon when you went home, drove on home, did he carry any package with him?
Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir; he didn't
Mr. BALL - Did he have a jacket or coat on him?
Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL - What kind of a jacket or coat did he have?
Mr. FRAZIER - That, you know, like I say gray jacket.
Mr. BALL - That same gray jacket?
Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir. Now, I can be frank with you, I had seen him wear that jacket several times, because it is cool type like when you keep a jacket on all day, if you are working on outside or something like that, you wouldn't go outside with just a plain shirt on.

Frazier is the key witness regarding what Oswald wore that morning.
Your ignorance of his testimony and your contempt for those who are familiar with it, is another reason why rational debate is almost impossible.

What about yours?

I refer back to my comments about when Roberts switched the TV on, your made up story about Oswald leaving the TSBD wearing a jacket and Frazier alleged emphatic identification of the jacket. That tells us all we need to know about your "truth-seeking credentials".

I've been long resigned to the fact that on this forum difference of opinions goes hand in hand with insults and petty games being played. The only reason for me to hang around is that once in a while something is said in a discussion that I did not know. Our discussion about the Tippit time line was constructive and interesting, and then you fall back to this.... It's a shame, really!

The only shame is on you.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 12:02:44 AM by Dan O'meara »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #2278 on: May 19, 2021, 12:04:54 AM »

Btw. you said;

That sounds like you have your mind made up about the Tippit murder (which would explain a few things) but please tell me what is my "intensely flawed outlook on the Tippit murder" because I haven't got a clue what you are on about.

What do you think (assume, perhaps) that my outlook on the Tippit murder is?

That Oswald didn't do it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2278 on: May 19, 2021, 12:04:54 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2279 on: May 19, 2021, 12:06:37 AM »
My post was criticising you for falsifying eye-witness testimony to support your argument and I was making the point that it is impossible to have a rational and reasoned debate with someone who is falsifying eye-witness testimony.
Rather than acknowledge your error you tried to defend it.
Now you would like to make yourself out to be the victim of an "attack".

In the above video you posted Roberts says she was watching "As The World Turns" when a bulletin about the shooting came on.
It can be assumed, if her testimony is correct, that this was the program that was on when she switched the TV on after her friend called. After the bulletin ended and went back to the original program it is not beyond the realms of possibility that this was the time Roberts started messing with the TV to get another channel with the news on.
No need for a call while she already had the TV on.
No need to invent anything.

"You claimed as fact that Oswald left the TSBD wearing a jacket"

This is a falsehood. Nowhere have I claimed that as a fact. I've put that forward as a theory that best fits the majority of eye-witness testimony.

"...it's an invented claim"

I'm not the one who invents things around here:

Mr. BALL - On Thursday afternoon when you went home, drove on home, did he carry any package with him?
Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir; he didn't
Mr. BALL - Did he have a jacket or coat on him?
Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL - What kind of a jacket or coat did he have?
Mr. FRAZIER - That, you know, like I say gray jacket.
Mr. BALL - That same gray jacket?
Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir. Now, I can be frank with you, I had seen him wear that jacket several times, because it is cool type like when you keep a jacket on all day, if you are working on outside or something like that, you wouldn't go outside with just a plain shirt on.

Frazier is the key witness regarding what Oswald wore that morning.
Your ignorance of his testimony and your contempt for those who are familiar with it, is another reason why rational debate is almost impossible.

The only shame is on you.

You have just lost all credibility.