Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 358093 times)

Offline Dan O'meara

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #2256 on: May 18, 2021, 02:46:18 AM »
Advertisement
Roberts is absolutely certain Oswald was zipping up a jacket as he left. She could not be any clearer. There is no room for doubt. Anyone questioning the certainty of this testimony on this specific aspect, cannot be taking the testimony as a whole seriously.

Now, that's just you deciding what it is.

The fact remains that it's just one person saying the same thing over and over again.

I have listened over and over again to the unintelligible part, maybe someone can help out. I can hear the word "blink" and that's about it. Judging from the phrase "I tried to clear it up", the best sense I can make so far of what Roberts is saying seems to be that it must be after one o'clock because she was trying to fix the TV!

Roberts wanted to watch the 1 PM news. Let me put it to you that she had the television on prior to 1 PM but only had sound and a very blurred picture. I recall her saying that somewhere. Now obviously (IMO) as soon as the news came on she also wanted to see pictures, don't you think? So, that's what she meant by saying "I tried to clear it up". That is my reason for accepting the 1 PM entry time as reasonable.

There is nothing to verify Roberts time assessment so far. At the moment, it appears to me, she is just guessing.

There is also nothing that speaks against her being right when she says 1 PM, so I wonder what motivates you to question her on that and on not on other things.

In stark contrast to her testimony regarding Oswald's zip-up jacket.

Her testimony about the jacket is, just like her 1 PM comment, a single statement, for which there is no corroboration, but in this case there is evidence that speaks against it. It's not conclusive, I'll gladly conceed that, but it is contrary evidence nevertheless.

I'm finding it somewhat difficult to understand why you would so readily dismiss or disbelieve the time estimate of 1 PM, yet go out of your way to question Frazier's testimony about the jacket to such an extent that you contrive a story about Oswald leaving the TSBD wearing a jacket.

The only way for me to perhaps understand it is by looking to the common denominator which seems to be that in both cases Oswald is kept in play as Tippit's killer. Or am I missing something?

"Roberts wanted to watch the 1 PM news."

Where are you getting this information from?

In the video you posted Roberts said she was watching a program called "As The World Turns" which ran from 12:30 to 1:00 PM
She said that after a few minutes into her program a news bulletin came on announcing the shooting. The bulletin was at 12:40 PM.
I assume after the bulletin it returned to the program but Roberts wanted to find out more which, I assume, is when she started trying to find a channel with the news on.
It seems from around 12:41 PM (or after the bulletin ended) Roberts is trying to find a channel with the news about the shooting on.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 03:14:00 AM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2256 on: May 18, 2021, 02:46:18 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #2257 on: May 18, 2021, 03:19:59 AM »
I sense a disturbance in the force coming from a silly Canadian desperately begging for attention.   :D

BILL CHAPMAN

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #2258 on: May 18, 2021, 03:35:15 AM »

In the video you posted Roberts said she was watching a program called "As The World Turns" which ran from 12:30 to 1:00 PM
She said that after a few minutes into her program a news bulletin came on announcing the shooting. The bulletin was at 12:40 PM.
I assume after the bulletin it returned to the program but Roberts wanted to find out more which, I assume, is when she started trying to find a channel with the news on.
It seems from around 12:41 PM (or after the bulletin ended) Roberts is trying to find a channel with the news about the shooting on.

Thumb1:

https://www.itsabouttv.com/2013/11/tv-listings-november-22-1963.html

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2258 on: May 18, 2021, 03:35:15 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #2259 on: May 18, 2021, 03:42:48 AM »
I am sure you can provide the evidence that Oswald actually received the revolver...?

Huh? wake up Marty the evidence is that Oswald was arrested with the same revolver with the same serial number that was sent to him, and it's up to you to provide contrary evidence and so far you are failing miserably.

JohnM
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 03:48:05 AM by John Mytton »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #2260 on: May 18, 2021, 07:21:09 AM »
"The shells at the scene indicate that the suspect is armed with an automatic 38, rather than a pistol."

Does this thing fire AUTO shells?

Jerry must've been mighty surprised!

These eyewitnesses said otherwise.
See Otto, a real investigator(me) maintains their neutrality and will thoroughly examine the clues whereas a novice such as yourself will jump to a mindless conclusion and blindly repeat something he/she read on some biased conspiracy orientated website or from some Nutso Youtube video, but if you want to know the truth, just ask me! You're welcome.

Mr. BENAVIDES - Then I heard the other two shots and I looked up and the Policeman was in, he seemed like he kind of stumbled and fell.
Mr. BELIN - Did you see the Policeman as he fell?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN - What else did you see?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Then I seen the man turn and walk back to the sidewalk and go on the sidewalk and he walked maybe 5 foot and then kind of stalled. He didn't exactly stop. And he threw one shell and must have took five or six more steps and threw the other shell up, and then he kind of stepped up to a pretty good trot going around the corner.

Mr. BALL. What did you see him doing?
Mr. GUINYARD. He came through there running and knocking empty shells out of his pistol and he had it up just like this with his hand.
Mr. BALL. With which hand?
Mr. GUINYARD. With his right hand; just kicking them out.
Mr. BALL. He had it up?

Mr. BELIN. Did you see anything else as you heard her screaming?
Mrs. DAVIS. Well, we saw Oswald. We didn't know it was Oswald at the time. We saw that boy cut across the lawn emptying the shells out of the gun.

Representative FORD. You saw him take the shells out of the gun?
Mrs. DAVIS. No, sir; he was shaking them.
Representative FORD. He was shaking them?
Mrs. DAVIS. He was shaking them. I didn't see him actually use his hand to take them out. I mean he was sort of shaking them out.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2260 on: May 18, 2021, 07:21:09 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #2261 on: May 18, 2021, 08:32:54 AM »
You have a chain of evidence on those shells?

No worries, thanks for the total capitulation on the "automatic" shells question.  Thumb1:

First of all, you do realize that Poe testified that;

Mr. Ball. Did you make a mark?
Mr. Poe. I can't swear to it; no, sir.

But what is really important and what you should pay attention to, is that Dhority took Q75 directly from the Davis girl and took it to Lieutenant Day and later Dhority identified his mark on Q75. Perfectly admissible and an exclusive match to Oswald's revolver, Oswald fries!

Mr. BALL. Now, what did you do with the empty hull that was given to you, that Virginia gave you?
Mr. DHORITY. I gave it to Lieutenant Day in the crime lab.

JohnM
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 08:33:21 AM by John Mytton »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #2262 on: May 18, 2021, 11:05:11 AM »

Bumped for Martin.

You've made this claim a couple of times (#2241) as the basis for your insistence that it was "impossible" for Oswald to have left the rooming house before one o'clock:

"Indeed, but it needs to be placed in context. She said that she was trying to get the television to work so she could watch the 1 PM news to find out more about Kennedy."

Can you tell me where you're getting this information from?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 11:25:59 AM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2262 on: May 18, 2021, 11:05:11 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #2263 on: May 18, 2021, 11:22:55 AM »
..a real investigator(me) maintains their neutrality and will thoroughly examine the clues whereas a novice such as yourself ....

You have investigated nothing Columbo and haven't been neutral since you signed on to this forum. You omit the contradictions...have not yet responded to the discrepancies pointed out in the first two pages of this thread...even the witnesses you present on this latest round of drivel disagree with one another. One says the suspect 'threw the shells up in the air' [like confetti?] the other stated that the suspect shook the empty shells out of the pistol...
You don't know what happened... and your 'research' at best just takes the same approach---Oswald did it.

You've made this claim a couple of times (#2241) as the basis for your insistence the it was "impossible" for Oswald to have left the rooming house before one o'clock:
"Indeed, but it needs to be placed in context. She said that she was trying to get the television to work so she could watch the 1 PM news to find out more about Kennedy."
Can you tell me where you're getting this information from?
Her testimony I would imagine----

Mr. BALL. And about what time was this?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, it was after President Kennedy had been shot and I had a friend that said, "Roberts, President Kennedy has been shot," and I said, "Oh, no." She said, "Turn on your television," and I said "What are you trying to do, pull my leg?" And she said, "Well, go turn it on." I went and turned it on and I was trying to clear it up---I could hear them talking but I couldn't get the picture and he come in
Mr. BALL. Can you tell me what time it was approximately that Oswald came in?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Now, it must have been around 1 o'clock, or maybe a little after, because it was after President Kennedy had been shot-what time I wouldn't want to say because
Mr. BALL.. How long did he stay in the room ?
Mr. ROBERTS. Oh, maybe not over 3 or 4 minutes
She 'had a friend' OK who was this friend and how did this friend contact her?