Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 358126 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #2168 on: May 13, 2021, 04:08:05 AM »
Advertisement
Martin "wasn't aware" that Callaway helped load Tippit's body into the ambulance before he made his radio call because it never happened. You made it up to score a point. There is not a shred of evidence for it and it doesn't make sense.

The time has long passed that I would accept something at face value because Bill Brown said so.

A fact is still a fact whether you've accepted it or not.  Callaway helped load the body and THEN, as the ambulance pulled away, got on the radio to report the incident.  Just a simple act of helping load the body into the ambulance, no "coffee break" required.  Like I said before, I don't expect you to know these things.  No biggie.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2168 on: May 13, 2021, 04:08:05 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2169 on: May 13, 2021, 04:16:21 AM »
A fact is still a fact whether you've accepted it or not.  Callaway helped load the body and THEN, as the ambulance pulled away, got on the radio to report the incident.  Just a simple act of helping load the body into the ambulance, no "coffee break" required.  Like I said before, I don't expect you to know these things.  No biggie.

A fact is still a fact whether you've accepted it or not.

Hilarious. Bill Brown calling it a fact doesn't mean it is a fact. It only means that Brown is dishonest as per usual.

For this so-called "fact" to be correct, Callaway needs to be mistaken in his testimony about the sequence of events.

Seems to be standard LN strategy. If a witness says something that does not compute with their made up narrative that witness is "mistaken".  :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 04:41:35 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2170 on: May 13, 2021, 04:20:21 AM »
Any chance I wil get some anwers from Bill Brown to my questions:

Where in his testimony "McWatters testified that Oswald got on the bus".

And where on the internet can I find the proof that the Nash couple actually saw the time stamped slip for the ambulance call at the Funeral home?

According to the police tapes, the first ambulance arrived at 1:18.  It was dispatched from the Dudley-Hughes Funeral Home, two blocks away.  George and Patricia Nash saw the time slip notifying of the dispatch and noted that it was time-stamped 1:18.

And no reply to my question how long Benavides was keying the mic of the patrol car. Brown has said one minute, 1,5 minute and two minutes in the past. He claims he knows because he listened to the actual police tapes at Dale Myers house, so why is he so hesitant to to tell us what the actual duration is?

And what about Bowley? According to police radio transcripts he made his call to the dispatcher at 1:17 and the call took 46 seconds (I timed it). Bowley arrived on the scene when Benavides was already at the patrol car keying the mic. When he arrived Bowley looked at his watch, which said 1:10 PM. Yet, in his recent interview, Brown said that Bowley's watch "was probably slow by five minutes or something like that", which implies that he actually arrived at the scene at around 1:15 and not at 1:10. But how can that be, when he has Benavides starting to key the mic of the patrol car at 1:16? To be fair, in the interview Brown said Benavides started keying the mic at "like 1:15", which means he, once again isn't very consistent.

Domingo Benavides begins to key the mic of the patrol car radio at 1:16.  This keying of the mic would go on for about a minute and a half.

Are we really supposed to believe that Bowley arrived a minute or so before or at the time Benavides (respectively at 1:15 or 1:16) started keying the mic and that he did nothing about it for a minute or a minute and a half, before taking the mic from Benavides? Brown could easily clear up this confusion by telling us once and for all when, in his opinion, Bowley actually arrived at the scene, but for some unclear reason he doesn't want to do that either....

And there is another anomaly in the time line that was highlighted by Brown's interview. From around 39:10 Bill Brown starts to explain that three people (Mary Wright, Barbara Davis and OJ Lewis) phoned the police inmediately after the shooting. He then basically says that dispatcher Murray Jackson was unaware of the shooting until Bowley called it in on the radio, because at that time Jackson had not yet received any of the three phoned in messages. He then concludes (at 40:48) that, because the written notes about three phone messages had not yet been received, Bowley's radio call could only have happened at "a minute or two after the shooting".

So here's the problem. If Benavides waited around 40 seconds after the shooting (until the killer was out of sight) and then was keying the mic for more than one minute (in the interview (at 40:35) Brown claims you can hear the keying the mic sound for 1,5 to two minutes), how could only "a minute or two" pass by between the shooting and Bowley's radio call?

It's crickets on all these issues and one can only wonder why....

And there is one more point that needs to be clarified or explained;

A few months ago Bill Brown said this;

But, the problem for you is that you are using Bowles' words to suggest that it is possible that the clocks were off by as much as six or seven minutes, while Bowles tells you they may be off by two minutes maximum at any given time.

I seem to recall that he recently said it again, but that post was probably one of those deleted by Duncan.

Anyway, in his statement to the HSCA, J.C. Bowles, the man in charge of the DPD dispatchers, explained how the clocks were not synchronized, often indicated the incorrect time, and that it was not uncommon for the time stamped on calls to be a minute to two ahead or behind the "official" time shown on the master clock.

A master clock on the telephone room wall was connected to the City Hall system. This clock reported "official" time. Within the dispatcher's office there were numerous other time giving and time recording devices, both in the telephone room and in the radio room. Telephone operators and radio operators were furnished "Simplex" clocks. Because the hands often worked loose, they indicated the incorrect time. However, their purpose was to stamp the time, day and date on incoming calls. While they were reliable at this, they were not synchronized as stated in the Committee report. Therefore, it was not uncommon for the time stamped on calls to be a minute to two ahead or behind the "official" time shown on the master clock. Accordingly, at "exactly" 10:10, various clocks could be stamping from 10:08 to 10:12, for example. When clocks were as much as a minute or so out of synchronization it was normal procedure to make the needed adjustments. During busy periods this was not readily done.

In addition Bowles also explained how it could happen that a dispatcher could call out an incorrect time due to a delay caused by radio traffic

A given operator at a given time might broadcast "time" a little early in one event then a little late the next. Accordingly, a call initiated at, say, 10:10 might be stamped at 10:13 by the dispatcher, only to have intervening radio traffic delay his broadcast.

And finally Bowles cleary said;

There is no way to connect "police time" with "real time."

So, the obvious but never explained or answered question is; why would anybody, who himself (incorrectly) argues that Bowles' words mean that the times on the DPD recordings "may be off by two minutes maximum at any given time", still want to rely on times derived from that same system, in the full knowledge that is does not provide "real time" ?

Or could it be Brown is simply running away crossing the entire country like Forest Gump?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2170 on: May 13, 2021, 04:20:21 AM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #2171 on: May 13, 2021, 11:08:14 AM »
No. Not sure where you get from that I agree with your estimations because I don't agree at all.
I have Callaway making his call at 3 minutes after the shooting. The bogus DPD time line would suggest 5 minutes and 16 seconds, but I don't buy that for a second.

He was making his radio call about three minutes after the shooting

I'm not the one who is confused. You are the one making the mistake to relate everything to the DPD radio transcripts. That's where the confusion comes from. Callaway didn't need 3 minutes to reach the scene.

Good, if we are agreement that it took him around 3 minutes to get to the scene, but if you are going to claim that it took him two minutes to make his call, then I most certainly disagree.

I don't really need you to tell me what problem I seem to be having, because I have no problem at all. You have not demonstrated anything else but that you blindly rely on the DPD tapes despite the fact that the man in charge of the DPD dispatcher clearly told us they were not providing "real time".

Hilarious... Would that be when he had the "coffee break" I previously discussed with Bill Brown. "A couple of minutes"... really? You might want to read his testimony again.

Where are you getting from that the DPD tapes do not show the sequence of events? Of course they do, except the time attached to each event is simply wrong.

I can provide you with a time line which has each witness corroborating the other one, there is no need for any claims that watches were off, that Markham was late to miss her regular bus, that Bowley's watch was at least 5 minutes off (meaning he picked up his daughter from school 5 minutes late), hospital clocks were wrong and a DPD detective as well as a justice of the peace were mistaken about Tippit's DOA. In that time line everything simply fits.

Or alternative, there is the official narrative, based on the DPD time stamps, which - according to the WC - has Tippit being killed at 1:16 (Myers claims it was 1:14:30) and which requires all the people mentioned above to be 100% wrong and can't even match the individual events (involving each individual) in a fluent sequence.

The last time I told you this, you said that the scenario in which it all fits together was the more credible (or words to that effect), yet here you are desperately trying to defend the second (WC) scenario. Why is that?

You seem to be having a problem understanding something very simple about the DPD tape transcripts.
I will try to explain this as simply as I can to show you how I am approaching the tapes.

Let's say, as an example, on the tapes event A happens at 1:18 PM and event B happens at 1:19 PM.
We both agree that the time calls might not be reliable when compared to "real time". So let's ignore the time calls of 1:18 and 1:19
We are sill left with te following information from the tapes:

1)  That two events happened - event A and event B
2)  That there is an order to these events - event A happened before event B
3)  That there is an approximate time gap between these two events of one minute

I cannot explain it any simpler than that. You seem to be under the impression that, just because the time calls might be out when compared to "real time", that there is no other information that can be gained from the tapes. But this is wrong.

Again, you seem really confused. I posted:

"... the DPD tapes do contain the order of events and approximate times between these events."

What I'm saying here is really easy to understand but in response you posted:

"Where are you getting from that the DPD tapes do not show the sequence of events? "

I said they do contain the order of events but you have misrepresented (or not understood) this and insist I am saying they do not contain such an order. Very confusing.

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #2172 on: May 13, 2021, 11:30:08 AM »
When I do, you ignore it. Typical LN strategy

So why rely on the time calls when you think there is something off with the time calls?

Why would I call Markham a liar?

Markham had no reason to lie and said in her testimony that she left he home "a little after 1"
She also said that it was around 1:06 or 1:07 when she was walking from 9th street to 10th street
The FBI timed the distance of that one block walk and determined it took 2,5 minutes

The WC lawyer asked her when she normally got her regular bus to work and she answered at 1:15
The FBI determined that the bus schedule for her bus had stops at Jefferson at 1:12 and 1:22
Obviously, this was just the official schedule and not taking in account traffic.

If Markham left her house at "a little after 1" and was walking at 1:06/1:07 she would have arrived at the intersection of 10th and Patton at roughly 1:09 with only another block (2,5 minutes) to walk to get to the bus stop on Jefferson.

If Tippit was killed at 1:16 (according to the WC) or at 1:14 according to Dale Myers, what the hell was Markham still doing at the corner at 10th/Patton. My point is that by then she would have been at Jefferson boarding her bus.

Now, how about some corrobaration?

Bowley, who also had no reason to lie, said in his affidavit that he was picking up his daughter from school (at 12:55) and then went to pick up his wife from work (near the crime scene). He also said that when he arrived at 10th street he saw something had happened, so he parked a distance away so his daughter would not see. He said he looked at his clock and it said 1:10 PM. Now, can watches be wrong? Sure they can, but in this case wouldn't Bowley have noticed when he was late picking up his 12 year old daughter?  Anyway, the driving distance between the school and 10th/Patton is 13 to 14 minutes (I have driven and timed it) which would have gotten him to the Tippit scene at around 1:10 PM

Markham arrived just prior to Tippit being shot and Bowley arrived just after he was shot. What are the chances that both times are wrong by about 5 minutes?

But wait, there's more. When you follow the sequence of events starting with Tippit being killed at around 1:09 and you follow the sequence of events as provided by the corrected DPD time calls you end up with the ambulance arriving at the Methodist Hospital at 1:15 which is exactly the time the authorisation for autopsy states and detective Davenport, who had no reason to lie, confirms it twice in offical documents.

With all this in mind, why would any reasonable person still conclude that the DPD time stamps provide the only accurate time line?

Okay, so your timeline would look something like this:

1:09            Shooting
1:10            Benevides making his call and Bowley arrives
1:10 - 1:11  Bowley makes his call
1:12            Callaway makes his call and Ambulance arrives
1:15            Ambulance arrives at Methodist Hospital

To be honest, that's really impressive and makes a great deal of sense.
It's a pity the DPD tapes prove the ambulance arrives before Callaway makes his call.
And that you have a 6 minute discrepancy between "police time" and "real time". Something your Mr Bowles would heartily disapprove of.
It also has the feeling of a 4x100m relay with everyone racing around at full tilt (but that's just a subjective opinion)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2172 on: May 13, 2021, 11:30:08 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2173 on: May 13, 2021, 11:31:35 AM »
You seem to be having a problem understanding something very simple about the DPD tape transcripts.
I will try to explain this as simply as I can to show you how I am approaching the tapes.

Let's say, as an example, on the tapes event A happens at 1:18 PM and event B happens at 1:19 PM.
We both agree that the time calls might not be reliable when compared to "real time". So let's ignore the time calls of 1:18 and 1:19

3)  That there is an approximate time gap between these two events of one minute

I cannot explain it any simpler than that. You seem to be under the impression that, just because the time calls might be out when compared to "real time", that there is no other information that can be gained from the tapes. But this is wrong.

Talking down to me (as you seem to like to do) doesn't improve your credibility.

Agreed

There is no guarantee that this assumption is correct as the devices used to record DPD radio were voice activated.

There is no way to connect "police time" with "real time." The Committee Report stated that the Dallas Police Communications system was recorded by continuously operating recorders. That statement is incorrect. Channel 1 was recorded on a Dictaphone A2TC, Model 5, belt or loop recorder. Channel 2 was recorded on a Gray "Audograph" flat disk recorder. Both were duplex units with one recording and one on standby for when the other unit contained a full recording. Both units were sound activated. - J.C. Bowles

Again, you seem really confused. I posted:

"... the DPD tapes do contain the order of events and approximate times between these events."

What I'm saying here is really easy to understand but in response you posted:

"Where are you getting from that the DPD tapes do not show the sequence of events? "

I said they do contain the order of events but you have misrepresented (or not understood) this and insist I am saying they do not contain such an order. Very confusing.

You really like using the words "You seem to be confused" a lot don't you?

In this case you have a point, but not because I was confused. When I responded to your post it was already late, I had been writing several long posts before it and was tired. By replying quickly I simply misread what you had written. That's all.

Is this all you have to say? No reply to the points I have raised? Why am I not surprised?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 12:21:50 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2174 on: May 13, 2021, 12:19:27 PM »
Okay, so your timeline would look something like this:

1:10 - 1:11  Bowley makes his call
1:12            Callaway makes his call and Ambulance arrives
1:15            Ambulance arrives at Methodist Hospital

To be honest, that's really impressive and makes a great deal of sense.
It's a pity the DPD tapes prove the ambulance arrives before Callaway makes his call.
And that you have a 6 minute discrepancy between "police time" and "real time". Something your Mr Bowles would heartily disapprove of.
It also has the feeling of a 4x100m relay with everyone racing around at full tilt (but that's just a subjective opinion)

No they don't prove that at all. It's an assumption made by Bill Brown which you seem to readily accept

More BS. You simply haven't read or understood what Bowles told the HSCA.

https://www.jfk-online.com/bowles1.html#set

Everything you say is a subjective opinion. The real question is; is it a honest opinion?

Let's expand on that time line a bit (all times are approximations);

Markham leaves her home at "a little after 1" and is en route to the bus stop on Jefferson by 1:06 or 1:07
She only needs to walk one block to get from 9th street to 10th street. The FBI determined that the distance of one block takes about 2,5 minutes to walk. This gets Markham to the corner of 10th and Patton by 1:09:30 at the latest, perfectly on time to reach the bus stop on Jefferson at 1:11 or 1:12.

Bowley picked up his daugther at school at 12:55 and is en route to pick up his wife from work. The distance between the school and 10th street takes about 13 to 15 minutes to drive. This gets him to 10th street at 1:10

Bowley says (in the video "Hunting Oswald") that when he arrived he noticed something was going on, so he parked his car at a fair distance away so his 12 year old daughter would not see it. He then walked towards the police car, checked on Tippit and then noticed Benavides who could not get the radio of the patrol car to work. It's a fair estimation that this would have taken him around 45 seconds. During this time Benavides is keying the mic in vain.

1:11            Bowley makes his call, lasting 46 seconds

DPD officers Poe and Jez (squad car 105) wrote in their supplementary offense report that at approximently 1:10 they heard on the radio that a police officer was involved in a shooting at East Tenth Street.

1:12            Callaway arrives at the scene

1:12:30       After checking on Tippit, Callaway makes his call and hears the ambulance's sirens in the background

Ambulance arrives. Callaway and Bowley help loading Tippit's body into the ambulance

1:12:45       DPD officer Croy is in his car at Zang and Colorado when he hears Bowley's radio call. It takes him no more than
                  1,5 to 2 minutes to arrive at 10th street. When he arrives he sees Tippit's body being loaded into the ambulance

1:13            The ambulance leaves. The distance to Methodist Hospital takes 2 minutes to drive in normal traffic. With sirens on
                   it takes less.

DPD officers Davenport and Bardin are in their car and see the ambulance pass by. They follow it and arrive at the
                   same time at as the ambulance at the hospital.

1:15            Ambulance arrives at Methodist Hospital and Tippit is declared DOA at 1:15
                   The DOA time is communicated to the Justice of the Peace who issues an Authorization for Autopsy which gives the
                   time of death as 1:15.
                   Davenport writes in his report that Tippit was declared dead at 1:15 and on the form he uses to deliver a bullet
                   taken from Tippit's body and a button from his uniform he writes in his own handwriting that Tippit was declared
                   DOA at 1:15

For the DPD times to be correct, Markham needs to be wrong about the time she left home and she also does not get to the bus stop at 1:15, Bowley's watch must be off by 7 minutes which means he was 7 minutes late to pick up his daughter from school and did not notice it. DPD officers Poe and Jez have to be wrong about the time they heard the radio call. The clocks at Methodist Hospital must be wrong, or at least the one used by Dr. Liquori and Davenport and Bardin must have been mistaken about Tippit being declared dead at 1:15.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 12:46:03 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2174 on: May 13, 2021, 12:19:27 PM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #2175 on: May 13, 2021, 12:56:44 PM »

No they don't prove that at all. It's an assumption made by Bill Brown which you seem to readily accept

More BS. You simply haven't read or understood what Bowles told the HSCA.

https://www.jfk-online.com/bowles1.html#set

Everything you say is a subjective opinion. The real question is; is it a honest opinion?

Let's expand on that time line a bit (all times are approximations);

Markham leaves her home at "a little after 1" and is en route to the bus stop on Jefferson by 1:06 or 1:07
She only needs to walk one block to get from 9th street to 10th street. The FBI determined that the distance of one block takes about 2,5 minutes to walk. This gets Markham to the corner of 10th and Patton by 1:09:30 at the latest, perfectly on time to reach the bus stop on Jefferson at 1:11 or 1:12.

Bowley picked up his daugther at school at 12:55 and is en route to pick up his wife from work. The distance between the school and 10th street takes about 13 to 15 minutes to drive. This gets him to 10th street at 1:10

Bowley says (in the video "Hunting Oswald") that when he arrived he noticed something was going on, so he parked his car at a fair distance away so his 12 year old daughter would not see it. He then walked towards the police car, checked on Tippit and then noticed Benavides who could not get the radio of the patrol car to work. It's a fair estimation that this would have taken him around 45 seconds. During this time Benavides is keying the mic in vain.

1:11            Bowley makes his call, lasting 46 seconds

DPD officers Poe and Jez (squad car 105) wrote in their supplementary offense report that at approximently 1:10 they heard on the radio that a police officer was involved in a shooting at East Tenth Street.

1:12            Callaway arrives at the scene

1:12:30       After checking on Tippit, Callaway makes his call and hears the ambulance's sirens in the background

Ambulance arrives. Callaway and Bowley help loading Tippit's body into the ambulance

1:12:45       DPD officer Croy is in his car at Zang and Colorado when he hears Bowley's radio call. It takes him no more than
                  1,5 to 2 minutes to arrive at 10th street. When he arrives he sees Tippit's body being loaded into the ambulance

1:13            The ambulance leaves. The distance to Methodist Hospital takes 2 minutes to drive in normal traffic. With sirens on
                   it takes less.

DPD officers Davenport and Bardin are in their car and see the ambulance pass by. They follow it and arrive at the
                   same time at as the ambulance at the hospital.

1:15            Ambulance arrives at Methodist Hospital and Tippit is declared DOA at 1:15
                   The DOA time is communicated to the Justice of the Peace who issues an Authorization for Autopsy which gives the
                   time of death as 1:15.
                   Davenport writes in his report that Tippit was declared dead at 1:15 and on the form he uses to deliver a bullet
                   taken from Tippit's body and a button from his uniform he writes in his own handwriting that Tippit was declared
                   DOA at 1:15

For the DPD times to be correct, Markham needs to be wrong about the time she left home and she also does not get to the bus stop at 1:15, Bowley's watch must be off by 7 minutes which means he was 7 minutes late to pick up his daughter from school and did not notice it. DPD officers Poe and Jez have to be wrong about the time they heard the radio call. The clocks at Methodist Hospital must be wrong, or at least the one used by Dr. Liquori and Davenport and Bardin must have been mistaken about Tippit being declared dead at 1:15.

This is my post Reply #2163

From the Dallas Police tapes;

Shortly after Bowley's call on Tippit's radio the Dispatcher puts out this call:

"Attention. Signal 19 [shooting], police officer, 510 E. Jefferson." (Even though Bowley gives 404 Tenth Street as the address of the shooting)

Ambulance 602 responds - "Code 5" [En Route]

Maybe one minute later 602 states - "Code 6" [Arrived] - Meaning the ambulance has reached the East Jefferson address.

Shortly after this 602 asks - "What was that address on Jefferson?" - presumably because there is no sign of anything wrong.

To which the Dispatcher responds - "501 East Tenth."

Shortly after this 602 states - "Code 6" [Arrived] - Meaning they have arrived at the scene of the Tippit shooting at 501 East Tenth Street

Shortly after this 602 tries to get the attention of the Dispatcher but the call is interrupted by Callaway's call.

This is proof the ambulance arrived at the scene before Callaway made his call. I gave you the code meanings and you have the transcript. Instead of arguing the evidence (which you will never do when it shows you to be clearly wrong) you become "confused".
You agree the DPD tapes show the order of events:

Agreed

The DPD tapes prove that the order of events, irrespective of "police time" and "real time", the order of events is that the ambulance arrives before Callaway's call.
This evidence proves your timeline is wrong. You can argue all you want about who's watch is right but it doesn't change the fact that the ambulance arrives before the call.

Argue the evidence instead of name-calling or more "confusion"