Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 357963 times)

Offline Martin Weidmann

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #2160 on: May 13, 2021, 03:16:43 AM »
Advertisement
I'm glad you pretty much agree with my estimations.
I have Callaway making his call about 5 minutes after the shooting and you have 5 minutes 16 seconds. That's not bad.

No. Not sure where you get from that I agree with your estimations because I don't agree at all.
I have Callaway making his call at 3 minutes after the shooting. The bogus DPD time line would suggest 5 minutes and 16 seconds, but I don't buy that for a second.

I have Callaway arriving at the scene about 3 minutes after the shooting and so do you.

He was making his radio call about three minutes after the shooting

You do seem to get a bit confused though. I posted:

When he arrives at the squad car Bowley has finished his call, so he could've actually reached the scene about 3 minutes after the shooting.

So I'm saying Callaway could've reached the scene about 3 minutes after the shooting, to which you responded:

"So now you are using the fact that Callaway did not know a call had already been made as "evidence" that it must have taken him longer than 3 minutes to get there? Really?"

You seem to think I was saying it took Callaway "longer than 3 minutes" to reach the scene but that's not what I said at all.
We are in agreement about how long it might have taken Callaway to reach the scene - 3 minutes.

I'm not the one who is confused. You are the one making the mistake to relate everything to the DPD radio transcripts. That's where the confusion comes from. Callaway didn't need 3 minutes to reach the scene.

Again, you seem a bit confused when I said that 5 minutes seemed a perfectly reasonable time between the shooting and Callaway making his call when you post:

"Except it isn't. The distance he and the killer had to run down and up Patton from and to 10th streets simply do not allow for a 5 minute duration conclusion."

Nobody is saying it took him 5 minutes to run up and down Patton to 10th Street. We're in agreement that it probably took around 3 minutes.

Good, if we are agreement that it took him around 3 minutes to get to the scene, but if you are going to claim that it took him two minutes to make his call, then I most certainly disagree.

The problem you seem to be having is that I've demonstrated, using the DPD tapes, that the ambulance arrives before Callaway makes his call.

I don't really need you to tell me what problem I seem to be having, because I have no problem at all. You have not demonstrated anything else but that you blindly rely on the DPD tapes despite the fact that the man in charge of the DPD dispatcher clearly told us they were not providing "real time".

So after arriving at the scene (3 minutes), Callaway spends a couple of minutes examining Tippit's body and helping to load him into the ambulance.

Hilarious... Would that be when he had the "coffee break" I previously discussed with Bill Brown. "A couple of minutes"... really? You might want to read his testimony again.

I know my estimations are simplistic but I'm more concerned with the order of events and no matter how much you pretend it doesn't, the DPD tapes do contain the order of events and approximate times between these events.

Where are you getting from that the DPD tapes do not show the sequence of events? Of course they do, except the time attached to each event is simply wrong.

I can provide you with a time line which has each witness corroborating the other one, there is no need for any claims that watches were off, that Markham was late to miss her regular bus, that Bowley's watch was at least 5 minutes off (meaning he picked up his daughter from school 5 minutes late), hospital clocks were wrong and a DPD detective as well as a justice of the peace were mistaken about Tippit's DOA. In that time line everything simply fits.

Or alternative, there is the official narrative, based on the DPD time stamps, which - according to the WC - has Tippit being killed at 1:16 (Myers claims it was 1:14:30) and which requires all the people mentioned above to be 100% wrong and can't even match the individual events (involving each individual) in a fluent sequence.

The last time I told you this, you said that the scenario in which it all fits together was the more credible (or words to that effect), yet here you are desperately trying to defend the second (WC) scenario. Why is that?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2160 on: May 13, 2021, 03:16:43 AM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2161 on: May 13, 2021, 03:21:35 AM »
I'm not running from anything.  What don't you understand about I have already explained this; so have several other members.  Scroll back about thirty pages for a look.

Of course you are running. In the interview you claimed "McWatters testified that Oswald got on the bus".

That was a lie, as McWatters never testified anything of the kind.

Or can you show me in his testimony where he said it?

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #2162 on: May 13, 2021, 03:35:10 AM »
Hilarious... Would that be when he had the "coffee break" I previously discussed with Bill Brown. "A couple of minutes"... really? You might want to read his testimony again.

Translation for "coffee break":  Martin was unaware that Callaway helped load the body into the ambulance BEFORE reporting the shooting on the patrol car radio to the police dispatcher. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2162 on: May 13, 2021, 03:35:10 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #2163 on: May 13, 2021, 03:37:09 AM »
Of course you are running. In the interview you claimed "McWatters testified that Oswald got on the bus".

That was a lie, as McWatters never testified anything of the kind.

Or can you show me in his testimony where he said it?

Again, I'm not running from anything.  What don't you understand about I have already explained this; so have several other members.  Scroll back about thirty pages for a look.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2164 on: May 13, 2021, 03:42:55 AM »
Why not critique the evidence being provided rather than some meaningless comment?

When I do, you ignore it. Typical LN strategy

Just a few posts earlier I stated that there was something off about the time calls on the DPD tapes and you agreed!
I've not changed my mind about it, it's more like you've got a really bad memory

So why rely on the time calls when you think there is something off with the time calls?

Are you calling Markham a liar?
Are you saying she lied about catching the 1;15 PM bus to work. Her regular bus? Is that what you're saying?
What exactly are you saying?

Why would I call Markham a liar?

Markham had no reason to lie and said in her testimony that she left he home "a little after 1"
She also said that it was around 1:06 or 1:07 when she was walking from 9th street to 10th street
The FBI timed the distance of that one block walk and determined it took 2,5 minutes

The WC lawyer asked her when she normally got her regular bus to work and she answered at 1:15
The FBI determined that the bus schedule for her bus had stops at Jefferson at 1:12 and 1:22
Obviously, this was just the official schedule and not taking in account traffic.

If Markham left her house at "a little after 1" and was walking at 1:06/1:07 she would have arrived at the intersection of 10th and Patton at roughly 1:09 with only another block (2,5 minutes) to walk to get to the bus stop on Jefferson.

If Tippit was killed at 1:16 (according to the WC) or at 1:14 according to Dale Myers, what the hell was Markham still doing at the corner at 10th/Patton. My point is that by then she would have been at Jefferson boarding her bus.

Now, how about some corrobaration?

Bowley, who also had no reason to lie, said in his affidavit that he was picking up his daughter from school (at 12:55) and then went to pick up his wife from work (near the crime scene). He also said that when he arrived at 10th street he saw something had happened, so he parked a distance away so his daughter would not see. He said he looked at his clock and it said 1:10 PM. Now, can watches be wrong? Sure they can, but in this case wouldn't Bowley have noticed when he was late picking up his 12 year old daughter?  Anyway, the driving distance between the school and 10th/Patton is 13 to 14 minutes (I have driven and timed it) which would have gotten him to the Tippit scene at around 1:10 PM

Markham arrived just prior to Tippit being shot and Bowley arrived just after he was shot. What are the chances that both times are wrong by about 5 minutes?

But wait, there's more. When you follow the sequence of events starting with Tippit being killed at around 1:09 and you follow the sequence of events as provided by the corrected DPD time calls you end up with the ambulance arriving at the Methodist Hospital at 1:15 which is exactly the time the authorisation for autopsy states and detective Davenport, who had no reason to lie, confirms it twice in offical documents.

With all this in mind, why would any reasonable person still conclude that the DPD time stamps provide the only accurate time line?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 04:43:28 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2164 on: May 13, 2021, 03:42:55 AM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2165 on: May 13, 2021, 03:44:10 AM »
Translation for "coffee break":  Martin was unaware that Callaway helped load the body into the ambulance BEFORE reporting the shooting on the patrol car radio to the police dispatcher.

Stop with the telegram style replies and start addressing the massive problems I have outlined with your time line.

Or keep on running... your choice

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2166 on: May 13, 2021, 03:46:51 AM »
Again, I'm not running from anything.  What don't you understand about I have already explained this; so have several other members.  Scroll back about thirty pages for a look.

Are you a robot?

I don't want to hear your explanation or opinion. I want you to show me where McWatters said it in his testimony.

And there's a lot more I want you to explain, but I somehow think I will never get those explanations, which only exposes the weakness of your case.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 03:52:14 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2166 on: May 13, 2021, 03:46:51 AM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2167 on: May 13, 2021, 03:49:59 AM »

Martin "wasn't aware" that Callaway helped load Tippit's body into the ambulance before he made his radio call because it never happened. You made it up to score a point. There is not a shred of evidence for it and it doesn't make sense.

The time has long passed that I would accept something at face value because Bill Brown said so.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 04:03:31 AM by Martin Weidmann »