Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bullet hole in windshield on JFK's Limo  (Read 66686 times)

Offline Jim Hawthorn

Re: Bullet hole in windshield on JFK's Limo
« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2024, 10:11:47 PM »
Advertisement
The damage was not as large as your shaded area.  This is the damage to the windshield glass as showing to the WC:
The area is less than a square inch.

Nope. It's a question of light refraction. In the Altgens photos, the windshield is being hit by full sunshine, so the impact diffuses the light and makes it look bigger, as you can see in the photo on the right here:

Also, it appears that whatever that area is, it is behind JFK's shoulder in Altgens' #6:

No. Part of the handbag is behind JFK's shoulder. The bullet impact is on the windshield. You can even see rays of light streaming away from it:

You can also see the centre of the impact point (grey zone within the white).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2024, 10:11:47 PM »

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2024, 10:36:51 PM »
It is not much but it is certainly interesting that there appears to be a difference in the orientation of the rearview mirror between Altgens #6 and Altgens #7.   

The four identical horizontal lines on Altgens 6 show that the car and the mirror are horizontally aligned:

It is a bit more difficult to find the car horizontal in Altgens 7 because the car is accelerating as it negotiates the left to right curve and Clint Hill has jumped on the left rear. Both of these things push the car down toward the left rear. 

But it does seem that there is a marked difference between the orientation of the mirror between Altgens 6 and Altgens 7
The AR15 hollow-point that dented the chrome trim at say Z310 contacted the chrome on the crease in the chrome, a little right of center of windshield.
Below the chrome crease the chrome angled forward a little.
The radiating initial lead splatter of the disintegrating slug thusly angled down, & forward a little, & some of the initial splatter hit the right-hand-side of the mirror, knocking that side down a little (& damaging the mirror they say).
Bearing in mind that the rhs of the mirror would have been turned back a little compared to the lhs. Thusly the rhs suffered splatter, the lhs suffered zero splatter.
Halfway throo impact the dent would have been deeper & the splatter would have been more evenly spread all round (up down left right) at 360 deg, & all of it backward, ie not near the mirror.
I have never seen an exact description of the damage to the mirror. I doubt that damage is visible in photos at Parkland & at the garage.
I am fairly certain that the mirror is not listed as needing replacement during the Dec1963 repairs & upgrades & modifications to the jfklimo.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 10:46:31 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2024, 06:02:54 AM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2024, 06:02:54 AM »

Offline Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #259 on: February 07, 2024, 08:01:40 AM »
I have never seen an exact description of the damage to the mirror. I doubt that damage is visible in photos at Parkland & at the garage.

Well it certainly looks puckered in this Parkland photo (click on the image twice to see it bigger):

« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 08:03:03 AM by Jim Hawthorn »

« Reply #260 on: February 07, 2024, 08:12:08 AM »
Yet it is mighty strange that the zone in Altgens 6 perfectly matches the position of the bullet impact photographed at Parkland:

Here in the above pix there is nearnuff no obliqueness to worry about (koz the camera is at the same level as the mirror) -- & the mirror is definitely (still) lower on the rhs here (now hours later i suppose).
Praps a driver did turn/adjust the mirror a little later that day or the next day (before this pix was taken) to correct for the turn due to the splatter impact during the chrome dent shot at Z310, but he did not correct/adjust the tilt it seems.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 08:22:27 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #260 on: February 07, 2024, 08:12:08 AM »

« Reply #261 on: February 07, 2024, 08:18:58 AM »
Well it certainly looks puckered in this Parkland photo (click on the image twice to see it bigger):

Yes there is some strange denting.
But i would expect that the lead splatter at Z310 would impact the (reflective) front face of the mirror, &/or the top of the face, &/or the bottom rim of the face.
And i wouldnt expect any impact damage denting on the rear (unless there was some kind of extra ricochet involved)(unlikely).

« Reply #262 on: February 07, 2024, 08:23:49 AM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #262 on: February 07, 2024, 08:23:49 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #263 on: February 07, 2024, 01:50:39 PM »

That photo of the WASH Bucket sitting next to the JFK Limo at Parkland Hospital reveals this "crime scene" to have been tainted. The JFK Limo is worthless regarding Evidence. This includes all possible bullet fragments within. To put the top on the car at Parkland meant even the visors were Moved into the Down position. This too tainted the crime scene/JFK Limo. The jump seats were moved around, SS Agents were tramping around inside the vehicle as they struggled to remove JFK's body, etc. On and On it goes. The JFK Limo issa dead fish regarding Legit Evidence.