Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Can anybody provide proof of a successful reenactment of Oswald's feat?  (Read 52237 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Can anybody provide proof of a successful reenactment of Oswald's feat?
« Reply #224 on: February 26, 2021, 11:04:16 PM »
Advertisement
Marina explained she had no knowledge of firearms. She would not have known what he was doing. Look at how many people just on this site have no understanding of the act of dryfiring or what is its purpose. You do not need to live fire to practice shooting.

So to be absolutely clear then, nobody knows if Lee Oswald ever did any "dry-firing" of any weapon post-Marines, right?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #224 on: February 26, 2021, 11:04:16 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #225 on: February 26, 2021, 11:05:58 PM »
No one will ever "successfully re-enact Oswald's feat" because to do so you would have to be shooting at a sitting US President.  Shooting at a target mounted on a sled and being towed by a car is not the same thing.

Also, in order for it to have been "Oswald's feat", Oswald would have to have actually done it.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #226 on: February 26, 2021, 11:24:57 PM »
He did?  When?  I think this absurd notion originated with Jeanne DeMohrenschildt.

LHO stated he practiced by shooting leaves in the park.

Ha, ha, ha, hee, hee, hee....ROTFLMAO!    :D

Lee.... "I tell ya George, I'm gettin to be a crack shot with that old carcano you had me order.   I've been going to the park and shooting leaves off the tree...O' course I don't actually have any ammo... but if I did... the neighbors in the park area could attest to my marksmanship...after they called the police. "
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 11:27:09 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #226 on: February 26, 2021, 11:24:57 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2021, 02:39:23 AM »
Oswald was probably working the bolt.
                                        :D
Marina's civil rights were violated when she voluntarily cooperated with the WC? 
Who told you she 'voluntarily co-operated'? Robert Oswald testified that the Feds told her to co-operate or she would be deported---Why not read the evidence instead of inventing it?
Mr. OSWALD. Yes, sir, that is correct. And that this particular one agent--not the Mr. Brown I have referred to, but the other gentleman that I do not recall his name--she had an aversion to speaking to him because she was of the opinion that he had harassed Lee in his interviews, and my observation of this at this time, at this particular interview, was attempting to start--I would say this was certainly so. His manner was very harsh sir.
Mr. JENNER. Harsh towards Marina?

Mr. OSWALD. Yes, Mr, it most certainly was. And by the tone of conversation by Marina to Mr. Gopadze, who was interpreting----
Mr. JENNER. In your presence?
Mr. OSWALD. In my presence. And the tone of the reply between this gentle man and Mr. Gopadze, and back to Marina, it was quite evident there was a harshness there, and that Marina did not want to speak to the FBI at that time. And she was refusing to. And they were insisting, sir. And they implied in so many words, as I sat there--if I might state--with Secret Service Agent Gary Seals, of Mobile, Ala.--we were opening the first batch of mail that had come to Marina and Lee's attention, and we were perhaps just four or five feet away from where they were attempting this interview, and it came to my ears that they were implying that if she did not cooperate with the FBI agent there, that this would perhaps--I say, again, I am implying--in so many words, that they would perhaps deport her from the United States and back to Russia.
I arose and called Mr. Mike Howard of the United States Secret Service into the back bathroom, and stated this to him. And I also stated that I realized there was some friction here between the United States Secret Service and the FBI to the extent that I was of the opinion that they did not want the FBI at that time to be aware of the tape recording that had been made of Marina N. Oswald, that she had been interviewed, in other words, by the United States Secret Service before the FBI arrived at the location.
Mr. JENNER. You mean that the Secret Service did not want the FBI to know that they had taped an interview with Marina?
Mr. OSWALD. Yes, sir.
                                                          DO YOU SEE?
The Marin Corp thinks it is practicing.
                                     :D :D
Marina explained she had no knowledge of firearms. She would not have known what he was doing. Look at how many people just on this site have no understanding of the act of dryfiring or what is its purpose. You do not need to live fire to practice shooting.
Like I said above... just point the rifle [at a leaf] and say bang.... kind of like when you were a kid playing cowboys and indians
                                                                     :D :D :D

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2021, 02:48:49 AM »
It's the bolt action that needs the most attention at the end of the day. Gotta get the feel. Oswald was a good enough shot to land a couple somewhere on Kennedy. The testers had just a couple of minutes, if that, to work the bolt action.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 07:25:19 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2021, 02:48:49 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2021, 03:00:19 AM »
It's the bolt action that needs the most attention. Especially the Carcano. Oswald was a good enough shot to land a couple somewhere on Kennedy. The testers had just a couple of minutes, if that, to practice the bolt action.

Little Chappie,.... You're makin a bigger fool of yourself, because you are revealing that you know nothing about  guns.

Clearly you believe there's nothing more to learning to fire a rifle accurately than a little "practice with the bolt action".

You my little chappie you are living proof that..... there ain't no cure for stupidity
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 04:14:47 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #230 on: February 27, 2021, 06:51:43 AM »
Little Chappie,.... You're makin a bigger fool of yourself, because you are revealing that you know nothing about  guns.

Clearly you believe there's nothing more to learning to fire a rifle accurately than a little "practice with the bolt action".

You my little chappie are living proof that..... there ain't no cure for stupidity

And you're the poster boy for that maxim, goofball.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 06:13:30 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #230 on: February 27, 2021, 06:51:43 AM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #231 on: February 27, 2021, 04:24:55 PM »
No one will ever "successfully re-enact Oswald's feat" because to do so you would have to be shooting at a sitting US President.  Shooting at a target mounted on a sled and being towed by a car is not the same thing.

Can you prove there was a third shot?  LHO never fired three shots in 5 seconds. He is being credited with doing something he never accomplished.