Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Prayer Woman  (Read 541007 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Prayer Woman
« Reply #1616 on: April 05, 2019, 02:35:16 AM »
Advertisement
Please supply the link to a dictionary which says an ante room is attached to the main entrance. Or STFU.
Dictionary description of "ante room".
Cambridge Dictionary.
anteroom
noun [ C ] UK ​  /ˈ?n.ti.ruːm/ /ˈ?n.ti.rʊm/ US ​  /ˈ?n.t̬i.ruːm/ /ˈ?n.t̬i.rʊm/ also antechamber formal

a small room, especially a waiting room, that leads into a larger, more important room:

Websters Dictionary

anteroom noun
an?​te?​room | \ ˈan-ti-ˌr?m  , -ˌru̇m\
Definition of anteroom
: a small outer room that leads to another room and that is often used as a waiting room

Note NOT a vestibule

You made the claim. Back it up. Show the links. if you can, otherwise as i said above. STFU.

Ray,

What leads you to believe that the person who used the word "vestibule" knew the dictionary definition of that word?

-- Mudd Wrassler Tommy  :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 02:56:46 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1616 on: April 05, 2019, 02:35:16 AM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #1617 on: April 05, 2019, 09:50:17 AM »
Ray,

What leads you to believe that the person who used the word "vestibule" knew the dictionary definition of that word?

What leads  you to believe he didn't?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 09:50:46 AM by Ray Mitcham »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #1618 on: April 05, 2019, 11:13:49 AM »
What leads  you to believe he didn't?

Ray,

That's your answer?

LOL

PS  FWIW, back in 1966, only 2% of the millions of other high school juniors who wanted to go to college and who took the same test I did did better than I on the "Verbal Intelligence" part of the Scholastic Aptitude Test.

Point being: I'm pretty good with words.

When I first heard the word "vestibule" in the context of Oswald's alleged whereabouts about one minute after the assassination, I automatically assumed it referred to the smallish, oddly-shaped, enclosed "transit space" adjoining the second floor lunchroom.

But I was wrong, I guess, huh?

Regardless, I admit to being thrown for a bit of a loop by Holmes' testimony:

Mr. Belin: By the way, where did this policeman stop him [Oswald] when he was coming down the stairs at the Book Depository on the day of the shooting?
Mr. Holmes: He said it was in the vestibule.
Mr. Belin: He said he was in the vestibule?
Mr. Holmes: Or approaching the door to the vestibule. He was just coming, apparently, and I have never been in there myself. Apparently there is two sets of doors, and he had come out to this front part.
Mr. Belin: Did he state it was on what floor?
Mr. Holmes: First Floor. The front entrance to the first floor.

Was Oswald really at "the front entrance to the 'vestibule' on the first floor"?

If that was the case, then why not keep it simple and say he was in the lobby near the front entrance?

Are we to understand that before the assassination, Postal Inspector Holmes had never been inside the TSBD?

« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 12:34:01 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1618 on: April 05, 2019, 11:13:49 AM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #1619 on: April 05, 2019, 12:29:18 PM »
Ray,

That's your answer?

LOL

PS  FWIW, back in 1966, only 2% of the millions of other high school juniors who wanted to go to college and who took the same test I did did better than I on the "Verbal Intelligence" part of the Scholastic Aptitude Test.

Point being: I'm pretty good with words.

When I first heard the word "vestibule" in the context of Oswald's alleged whereabouts about one minute after the assassination, I automatically assumed it referred to the smallish, oddly-shaped, enclosed "transit space" adjoining the second floor lunchroom.

Guess so.

Regardless, I admit to being thrown for a bit of a loop by Holmes' testimony:

Mr. Belin: By the way, where did this policeman stop him [Oswald] when he was coming down the stairs at the Book Depository on the day of the shooting?
Mr. Holmes: He said it was in the vestibule.
Mr. Belin: He said he was in the vestibule?
Mr. Holmes: Or approaching the door to the vestibule. He was just coming, apparently, and I have never been in there myself. Apparently there is two sets of doors, and he had come out to this front part.
Mr. Belin: Did he state it was on what floor?
Mr. Holmes: First Floor. The front entrance to the first floor.

The front entrance to the "vestibule" on the first floor?

Was Oswald at "the front entrance to the vestibule on the TSBD's first floor"?

If that was the case, then why not keep it simple and say he was in the lobby near the front entrance?

Indeed but he said "vestibule", so we must assume he knew what the word meant.
Are we to understand that before the assassination, Postal Inspector Holmes had never been inside the TSBD?

Your guess is a good as anybody else.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #1620 on: April 05, 2019, 12:38:21 PM »
Guess so.

Indeed but he said "vestibule", so we must assume he knew what the word meant.
Your guess is a good as anybody else.

Ray,

It's more likely that that world famous intellectual Rodney Dangerfield I mean Marion Baker used that word, and Holmes was simply "quoting" him.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 12:56:07 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1620 on: April 05, 2019, 12:38:21 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1621 on: April 06, 2019, 01:43:34 AM »

"We saw him in a small storage room on the ground floor".

« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 01:56:49 AM by John Iacoletti »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1622 on: April 06, 2019, 03:31:59 PM »
"We saw him in a small storage room on the ground floor".

The vestibule:

Mr Oswald told Captain Fritz
-----------he visited the 2nd fl lunchroom before the parade
-----------he went outside to watch the parade
-----------he had an exchange with a police officer in the vestibule (front entrance, first floor) just after the shooting

Mr Ochus Campbell told reporters 11/22
-----------Mr Oswald was spotted in a small storage room on the ground floor shortly after the shooting
(Note: There is a small storage room just off the..... vestibule.)

DPD told reporters 11/22
-----------Mr Oswald had an exchange with a police officer at the front entrance just after the shooting.

The details of what really happened may still be a little hazy, but one thing is clear:

All the action was at the front entrance, first floor.

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1622 on: April 06, 2019, 03:31:59 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #1623 on: April 06, 2019, 07:37:33 PM »
Correct.

From 09:20 on in her Sixth Floor Museum interview, Mary Woodward identifies the group of female fellow-journalists she was standing with as (from left to right in Zapruder): Aurellia Alonzo, Herself (blond-haired and "wearing a light grey wool dress"), Ann Donaldson Atterberry, and Margaret "Maggie" Brown Kennedy (whom we now know was standing to the immediate left of Karen Westbrook and the three other members of the headscarf-wearing "Calvery Group").

--  Mudd Wrassler Tommy  :)

- Edited and bumped for John (whom I see is "lurking")

MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 08:27:30 PM by Thomas Graves »