Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 147315 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #776 on: September 20, 2018, 04:31:03 PM »
Advertisement
I'm still waiting for a CT to answer the question posed in the title of this thread; Why did Oswald go to the movies ?

Although I was being facetious when I proposed that Saint Patsy was bored and hungry and heard that the buttered popcorn in the TT was delicious, it's better than any answer I've seen from the kooks drooling about double Oswalds and one particular troll that still can't accept the fact that his hero was apprehended because a shoe store manager thought Saint Patsy was acting suspiciously.

I say Oswald wound up in the TT not because he was 'going to the movies', but because he was in flight after murdering Tippit (and JFK).

What do you Saint Patsy defenders think ?

I find it hard to believe, in view of what happened right under his nose in Dealy Plaza, that Saint Patsy went to the TT because he was more interested in watching a couple of war movies than finding out what happened at 12:30 PM.

This is where you CT's get to spin a yarn explaining why Saint Patsy went to the movies.

Start spinning.

You don't buy that Oswald was moving along in Mr. Magoo-like bliss while murder and mayhem followed in his path?  He had the misfortune to look exactly like the suspect?  He had the misfortune to do some window shopping for shoes for his little girl at the exact moment a police car passed raising unreasonable suspicion in the sinister shoe salesman/master spy/liar Johnny Brewer?  Then he encounters another liar/spy in Julia Postal cleverly stationed by the CIA beginning in 1952 in her ticket booth for just this occasion.  Hapless Oswald buys a ticket from her, calmly walks into the theatre and gives his ticket to Burroughs, buys some popcorn.  He doesn't appear to notice all of his doubles roaming about.  At this point fascist cops try to violate his rights by asking him a question and he does what every innocent person would do, he punches them and tries to pull his gun.  His guilt is an obvious product of bad luck, random citizens who were willing to lie to frame him, and on and on. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #776 on: September 20, 2018, 04:31:03 PM »

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #777 on: September 20, 2018, 04:45:04 PM »
You don't buy that Oswald was moving along in Mr. Magoo-like bliss while murder and mayhem followed in his path?  He had the misfortune to look exactly like the suspect?  He had the misfortune to do some window shopping for shoes for his little girl at the exact moment a police car passed raising unreasonable suspicion in the sinister shoe salesman/master spy/liar Johnny Brewer?  Then he encounters another liar/spy in Julia Postal cleverly stationed by the CIA beginning in 1952 in her ticket booth for just this occasion.  Hapless Oswald buys a ticket from her, calmly walks into the theatre and gives his ticket to Burroughs, buys some popcorn.  He doesn't appear to notice all of his doubles roaming about.  At this point fascist cops try to violate his rights by asking him a question and he does what every innocent person would do, he punches them and tries to pull his gun.  His guilt is an obvious product of bad luck, random citizens who were willing to lie to frame him, and on and on.

Why wouldn't I buy that ? Seems perfectly reasonable to me.  :D

Thumb1:  Thumb1:

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #778 on: September 20, 2018, 05:25:46 PM »
You don't buy that Oswald was moving along in Mr. Magoo-like bliss while murder and mayhem followed in his path?  He had the misfortune to look exactly like the suspect?

Who ever said he looked exactly like the suspect?  There's no evidence that Brewer even knew there was a suspect at large, much less what he looked like.

He had the misfortune to do some window shopping for shoes for his little girl at the exact moment a police car passed raising unreasonable suspicion in the sinister shoe salesman/master spy/liar Johnny Brewer?

Looking at shoes while a police car goes by is suspicious?

Then he encounters another liar/spy in Julia Postal cleverly stationed by the CIA beginning in 1952 in her ticket booth for just this occasion.

Yet another "Richard Smith" strawman argument.  You just can't help yourself.

Hapless Oswald buys a ticket from her, calmly walks into the theatre and gives his ticket to Burroughs, buys some popcorn.  He doesn't appear to notice all of his doubles roaming about.

Who said there were all these doubles roaming about?

At this point fascist cops try to violate his rights by asking him a question

What question?  McDonald ordered him to his feet and attempted to conduct an illegal search.

and he does what every innocent person would do, he punches them and tries to pull his gun.

So now he punched multiple cops?  There's no evidence whatsoever that he "tried to pull his gun".  This is just one of your many lies about the case.  Have you no sense of decency?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:33:19 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #778 on: September 20, 2018, 05:25:46 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #779 on: September 20, 2018, 05:27:04 PM »
I'm not interested in why George went to the movies.

I don't care what you're interested in.  Your question is just as irrelevant.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #780 on: September 20, 2018, 05:29:27 PM »
A guy on foot with no money or assistance wasn't going to make it very far that day.

No money?  Yet another "Richard Smith" falsehood.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #780 on: September 20, 2018, 05:29:27 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #781 on: September 20, 2018, 07:59:03 PM »
Why would you be waiting if you know the answer?

While you're waiting....how did NOT buying a ticket improve his chances of not being intercepted by Burroughs once inside the theater?

You would think that if he was trying to hide, the last thing he would want to do is call more attention to himself by not buying a ticket and trying to sneak past the concession guy.  But whatever it takes...

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #782 on: September 20, 2018, 08:01:39 PM »
Oswald wasn't shot down in the theater.  So I guess this elaborate plan didn't work out too well.

Maybe if there weren't civilians around hearing him yell "I am not resisting arrest", he would have been.  At least the cops showed that much restraint.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #782 on: September 20, 2018, 08:01:39 PM »

Offline Steve Logan

« Reply #783 on: September 20, 2018, 08:32:51 PM »
Maybe if there weren't civilians around hearing him yell "I am not resisting arrest", he would have been.  At least the cops showed that much restraint.
That wasn't really necessary?