Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lifton’s Legacy  (Read 254 times)

Online Jeff Shaw

Lifton’s Legacy
« on: May 12, 2024, 11:55:35 PM »
Advertisement
Now that David Lifton has passed away, does anyone know what has/will become of his work on the book Final Charade? Did he make prior arrangements for it to be published in whole or in part prior to his death?

Lifton haters, please control yourselves. Not looking for opinions on his work or personality, just curious to know if his second book will ever be published.

JFK Assassination Forum

Lifton’s Legacy
« on: May 12, 2024, 11:55:35 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

Re: Lifton’s Legacy
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2024, 03:56:24 AM »
Now that David Lifton has passed away, does anyone know what has/will become of his work on the book Final Charade? Did he make prior arrangements for it to be published in whole or in part prior to his death?

Lifton haters, please control yourselves. Not looking for opinions on his work or personality, just curious to know if his second book will ever be published.
Actually, I liked the book, even if I agree with none of his conclusions. And from what I've heard, he was a generally nice guy.

Online Jeff Shaw

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2024, 02:45:20 PM »
Here’s what I’ve been able to learn: David passed away while under hospice care, per his sister. Per a thread on the Education Forum, sometime prior to his death David shared he had been carjacked at gunpoint in Vegas, where he was residing. A gun was pointed in his face, he was forced to lie face-down on the pavement as the 3 carjackers drove away in his Honda. That has relevance to my OP question because David related that as the gun was pressed against his head, all he could think was (I’m paraphrasing), “All of my work and it will never get published.”

Perhaps that incident was the impetus he needed to spur him to make arrangements for his work to be shared posthumously. Just hopeful conjecture on my part.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2024, 02:45:20 PM »