Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Shifting Single-Bullet Theory--It Always "Works" No Matter What  (Read 19952 times)

Offline Jack Nessan

Re: The Shifting Single-Bullet Theory--It Always "Works" No Matter What
« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2024, 03:26:35 PM »
Advertisement
I don’t need you to post them. I just need the cites for JBC’s statements saying he was hit in the back on the first shot-the ones you chastised me for not mentioning.

No, with you it serves no purpose to quote them, cite them or do anything with them, they have been shown numerous times. You need to post them to demonstrate you understand they stated more than what you are portraying. This is just another example of how ridiculous this theory really is.

Once again. Jackie and Nellie both confirm JBC's statement. That is the part that is causing all your anguish.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2024, 03:26:35 PM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2024, 05:54:22 PM »
It is obvious why you want to distance yourself from what Mary Woodward stated, because she completely craps on your whole storyline. You could not have picked a worse witness to quote. The only eyewitness to state the first shot missed and she does place the first shot as having occurred after z207.

Dallas Morning News 11/23-.-Mary Woodward

Index Frame (history-matters.com)

“After acknowledging our cheers, he faced forward again and suddenly there was a horrible, ear-shattering noise coming from behind us and a little to our right.”.... “I don’t believe anyone was hit by the first bullet”....

Once again JFK does not face forward again until after Z207
If she was confident about the first bullet not hitting anyone, she would not have prefaced her statement by "Things are a little hazy from this point" as in: "Things are a little hazy from this point, but I don't believe anyone was hit with the first bullet." ("Witness from the News Describes Assassination", Dallas Morning News, Nov. 23, 1963).

We don't know what she was looking at after the first shot. All we know is her belief based on that things that were a little hazy after the first shot....  This is why we look at recollections that were shared by others.  Others - 20 and counting said that JFK reacted to the first shot in ways that we see him doing only after z195 - by moving left..etc.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 04:26:51 AM by Andrew Mason »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2024, 04:31:42 AM »
No, with you it serves no purpose to quote them, cite them or do anything with them, they have been shown numerous times. You need to post them to demonstrate you understand they stated more than what you are portraying. This is just another example of how ridiculous this theory really is.

Once again. Jackie and Nellie both confirm JBC's statement. That is the part that is causing all your anguish.
You seem to think that we are all aware of statements by JBC and Nellie saying that JBC was hit in the back by the first shot.  That is not the case. If you want others to take you seriously, when you assert something you need to provide a source.  If you can't, and it appears you can't in this case, why would anyone take your assertion seriously?  You can use all the pejorative comments you want. It doesn't make a made-up fact a fact.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2024, 04:31:42 AM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2024, 05:07:04 PM »
If she was confident about the first bullet not hitting anyone, she would not have prefaced her statement by "Things are a little hazy from this point" as in: "Things are a little hazy from this point, but I don't believe anyone was hit with the first bullet." ("Witness from the News Describes Assassination", Dallas Morning News, Nov. 23, 1963).

We don't know what she was looking at after the first shot. All we know is her belief based on that things that were a little hazy after the first shot....  This is why we look at recollections that were shared by others.  Others - 20 and counting said that JFK reacted to the first shot in ways that we see him doing only after z195 - by moving left..etc.

Unbelievable, you have interpreted her words to your liking and then ignored her stated location for the first shot in favor of this bizarre made-up storyline. What is the point of you quoting her at all? It would be easier if you would just fabricate a statement for her of what you think she was supposed to remember. Given your tortured interpretations of what these witnesses stated, maybe interpreting witness testimony is not your forte. Her location for the first shot was Z207+ not pre Z195.

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2024, 05:11:58 PM »
You seem to think that we are all aware of statements by JBC and Nellie saying that JBC was hit in the back by the first shot.  That is not the case. If you want others to take you seriously, when you assert something you need to provide a source.  If you can't, and it appears you can't in this case, why would anyone take your assertion seriously?  You can use all the pejorative comments you want. It doesn't make a made-up fact a fact.

Really, all this terrible outcome just because I do not want to babysit you anymore. I think everybody has seen the quotes countless times and it is pointless to post it again. I know you cannot and will not post what Nellie, Jackie, and JBC confirmed in their statements. For someone who claims to be incredibly knowledgeable about witness testimonies, you sure are playing the dumb card on this, but for good reason.

If you do not want to address what these witnesses really stated and confirmed in each other’s statements and instead press forward once again with this fantasy nonsense go for it. The statements of Nellie, Jackie and JBC cross confirming each other have been posted a myriad of times. The fact you choose to ignore them says it all.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2024, 05:11:58 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2024, 06:37:11 PM »
I doubt forgot. Altgens news flash of two shots was read on air within minutes of the assassination.
Question (not a gotcha one either). How do you handle/see Jack Bell's description of the number of shots? He was the AP reporter riding alongside Merriman Smith and fought with him over the use of radio telephone.

Bell: "I grabbed the radiophone [from Smith], got the operator, gave the Dallas bureau number, heard someone answer. I shouted that three shots had been fired at the President’s motorcade. The phone went dead and I couldn’t tell whether anyone had heard me. Frantically, I tried to get the operator back. The phone was still out."

When he arrived at Parkland he again phoned in his report of hearing three shots.

More here: https://archives.cjr.org/fiftieth_anniversary/the_assassination_the_reporter.php

« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 07:09:51 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2024, 01:10:40 AM »
Question (not a gotcha one either). How do you handle/see Jack Bell's description of the number of shots? He was the AP reporter riding alongside Merriman Smith and fought with him over the use of radio telephone.

Bell: "I grabbed the radiophone [from Smith], got the operator, gave the Dallas bureau number, heard someone answer. I shouted that three shots had been fired at the President’s motorcade. The phone went dead and I couldn’t tell whether anyone had heard me. Frantically, I tried to get the operator back. The phone was still out."

When he arrived at Parkland he again phoned in his report of hearing three shots.

More here: https://archives.cjr.org/fiftieth_anniversary/the_assassination_the_reporter.php

Interesting, Bell could be the first person to be recorded as having been influenced by the news media—Merriman Smith.

According to Merriman Smith, Jack Bell’s first statement upon arriving at Parkland was that he wasn’t sure if any shots had been fired. (Sloyan, American Journalism Review, May 1997). By 12:41 PM, just four minutes after arriving at Parkland. Bell called in a report to the AP stating that three shots had been fired.  He went from not knowing to three shots. The car Smith and Bell were riding in was the first Press Pool car and was responsible for briefing the other reporters.

Additionally, Senator Yarborough made a statement to a large group of reporters at Parkland that he “thought” he heard three shots. Sen. Yarborough is not sure himself but now is briefing the press that three shots were fired.

Charles Roberts of Newsweek heard only two shots. In his 1967 book, The Truth About The Assassination, (p,20) Roberts said on the flight from Dallas to Washington on Air Force One on the afternoon of the assassination, a dispute broke out among the passengers, including Merriman Smith and Secret Service Agents, about how many shots had been fired. 

A number of Secret Service Agents are not only two shot witnesses but were eyewitnesses which Merriman Smith was not. Once again, the media’s influence on witnesses can be seen in the odd explanations and narratives of some of the SS agents testimonies courtesy of Merriman Smith and his three shot belief.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2024, 01:10:40 AM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2024, 03:20:46 AM »
Really, all this terrible outcome just because I do not want to babysit you anymore. I think everybody has seen the quotes countless times and it is pointless to post it again. I know you cannot and will not post what Nellie, Jackie, and JBC confirmed in their statements. For someone who claims to be incredibly knowledgeable about witness testimonies, you sure are playing the dumb card on this, but for good reason.

If you do not want to address what these witnesses really stated and confirmed in each other’s statements and instead press forward once again with this fantasy nonsense go for it. The statements of Nellie, Jackie and JBC cross confirming each other have been posted a myriad of times. The fact you choose to ignore them says it all.
I just asked for a simple cite. We all know there are none. You have admitted as much by your refusal to provide any.