Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
Dan O'meara

Author Topic: When Was JBC Hit?  (Read 25292 times)

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
Re: When Was JBC Hit?
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2024, 10:03:00 PM »
Advertisement
So use a slope of 21 degrees relative to the car rail? OK. Can I also move Connally so he matches where he's at in the Zapruder film (ie:the Z193 I use in the graphic posted earlier).
No. You can't use their positions at z223 either.  My point is to show that based on the first shot being between z190 and z200, and taking into account the range of uncertainty over relative positions of the two men, that there was a plausible clear straight line path from JFK's throat exit to JBC's left thigh.  So to demonstrate that I am batsh_t crazy, as you suggest, you have to show that for any position and posture of the men that is consistent with the photographic evidence at around z190-195 (I use z193 because it is the clearest) and within the range of uncertainty of the positions and posture of the two men, the trajectory from JFK's exit wound to JBC's left thigh cannot be direct ie. unobstructed by JBC's body parts that were clearly not struck.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2024, 10:03:00 PM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2024, 10:09:25 PM »

It appears quite clear that, if there actually was anything in the femur, then it was only a very small fragment. No where does he indicate that anything the size of CE 399 penetrated deeper than what Dr. Gregory indicated.

You indicated that the damage to CE 399 was caused by it striking the femur. How it that possible? It didn’t even come close to striking the femur. This is what I am saying.[/list]
    The only means by which a metal fragment could have been embedded in the femur, as Dr. Shires always maintained, would be from being deposited there by the butt end of CE399.  Dr. Gregory did not operate on the thigh wound.  He simply viewed it and thought it looked like it was made by the butt end of an intact missile e.g. the butt end of CE399.  Dr. Shires maintained that the bullet penetrated much deeper than you suggest ie. through the skin, fat layer and into the muscle and deposited a fragment in the femur.  It was also a tangential wound on an oblique strike in the direction of the femur toward the knee.  Pretty hard to fit that with a bullet coming from the right wrist.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2024, 10:23:47 PM »
      The only means by which a metal fragment could have been embedded in the femur, as Dr. Shires always maintained, would be from being deposited there by the butt end of CE399.  Dr. Gregory did not operate on the thigh wound.  He simply viewed it and thought it looked like it was made by the butt end of an intact missile e.g. the butt end of CE399.  Dr. Shires maintained that the bullet penetrated much deeper than you suggest ie. through the skin, fat layer and into the muscle and deposited a fragment in the femur.  It was also a tangential wound on an oblique strike in the direction of the femur toward the knee.  Pretty hard to fit that with a bullet coming from the right wrist.

The only means by which a metal fragment could have been embedded in the femur, as Dr. Shires always maintained, would be from being deposited there by the butt end of CE399.

If a small fragment broke off due to impact with the thigh, that small fragment could possibly (in my opinion) penetrate through the muscle to the area of the bone. However, nothing either Doctor said indicates that CE 399 (or anything that large) penetrated to the bone. If fact they both said only to the muscle, no further. Again, your idea of the damage to CE 399 being caused by the femur bone is not supported by the evidence.[/list]

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2024, 10:23:47 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2024, 11:20:43 PM »
    No. You can't use their positions at z223 either.  My point is to show that based on the first shot being between z190 and z200, and taking into account the range of uncertainty over relative positions of the two men, that there was a plausible clear straight line path from JFK's throat exit to JBC's left thigh.  So to demonstrate that I am batsh_t crazy, as you suggest, you have to show that for any position and posture of the men that is consistent with the photographic evidence at around z190-195 (I use z193 because it is the clearest) and within the range of uncertainty of the positions and posture of the two men, the trajectory from JFK's exit wound to JBC's left thigh cannot be direct ie. unobstructed by JBC's body parts that were clearly not struck.

I use Z193 also, because it's the clearest frame in the area. I moved Connally as far to the right as he could go (in defiance of where he is actually seen in Z193 but where you think he is), twisted his torso as much as humanly possible and nothing about your Theory remotely works.

Maybe you think there's some kind of Yoga gyrations and strange body contortions occurring out of sight. You think Connally's movements as he emerges from behind the sign and turns his body to face the side of the car are natural and merely out of concern for the President.

You keep asking for things, without addressing why Connally doesn't match his position in Z193, if he's supposedly over against the side of the car, per your Theory. There is little I can do for you until you address the problems with your Theory demonstrated in my graphic. Have you considered a life-size reconstruction of the limousine interior and posing live models?

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
    « Reply #148 on: May 02, 2024, 11:39:07 PM »

I use Z193 also, because it's the clearest frame in the area. I moved Connally as far to the right as he could go (in defiance of where he is actually seen in Z193 but where you think he is), twisted his torso as much as humanly possible and nothing about your Theory remotely works.

Maybe you think there's some kind of Yoga gyrations and strange body contortions occurring out of sight. You think Connally's movements as he emerges from behind the sign and turns his body to face the side of the car are natural and merely out of concern for the President.

You keep asking for things, without addressing why Connally doesn't match his position in Z193, if he's supposedly over against the side of the car, per your Theory. There is little I can do for you until you address the problems with your Theory demonstrated in my graphic. Have you considered a life-size reconstruction of the limousine interior and posing live models?
    You know I think very highly of your graphics skills, Jerry.  But your measurements are not quite accurate.  The key factor is the distance between the two men and that requires an accurate limo and placement of the seats.   I put the distance between JFK's exit wound and JBC's spine about 6-8 inches longer than you have it (30-32 inches).  I also have him a bit lower and a bit smaller head and possibly shoulders (40 cm between armpits) than you have shown.   Your model has JBC too far back.  He is behind the side window when in z193 his face is partly seen through the window.  You also still have the downward angle wrong and his thigh too low. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2024, 11:39:07 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2024, 03:59:40 PM »
    You know I think very highly of your graphics skills, Jerry.  But your measurements are not quite accurate.  The key factor is the distance between the two men and that requires an accurate limo and placement of the seats.   I put the distance between JFK's exit wound and JBC's spine about 6-8 inches longer than you have it (30-32 inches).  I also have him a bit lower and a bit smaller head and possibly shoulders (40 cm between armpits) than you have shown.   Your model has JBC too far back.  He is behind the side window when in z193 his face is partly seen through the window.  You also still have the downward angle wrong and his thigh too low.

I'm glad you admit what you've been doing to make your Theory "work".

• Your distance between JFK and JBC is much greater (than what photos show)
    • Connally a bit lower (than photos show him)
    • A bit smaller head (more than a bit though; and not what photos show)
    • Your model has JBC too far back (Your model has JFK so far back, he morphs into the seat-back)
      (What photos show the President's seat-back as a thin slab, as in your model)?)
    I duplicated your model setup with the longer distance between the two men and showed that you used false perspective to align Connally's face with the side window.

He is behind the side window when in z193 his face is partly seen through the window.

When my model has Connally in the middle of the jump-seat, his head aligns with the side window as seen in Z193. But then the bullet goes to the right of Connally's spine.

You also still have the downward angle wrong and his thigh too low.

Do you agree with a slope of 21 degrees relative to the car? How much to raise his thigh (Good Grief) and what is that based on (other than it's necessary to meet your Theory's needs)?

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
    « Reply #150 on: May 03, 2024, 04:42:56 PM »
    I'm glad you admit what you've been doing to make your Theory "work".
    No.  It is about what you need to do in order to justify calling it "bats_it crazy". (I would write it out in full but it comes out as batspombleprofglidnoctobuns).

• Your distance between JFK and JBC is much greater (than what photos show)
    • Connally a bit lower (than photos show him)
    • A bit smaller head (more than a bit though; and not what photos show)
    • Your model has JBC too far back (Your model has JFK so far back, he morphs into the seat-back)
      (What photos show the President's seat-back as a thin slab, as in your model)?)
    I duplicated your model setup with the longer distance between the two men and showed that you used false perspective to align Connally's face with the side window.

When my model has Connally in the middle of the jump-seat, his head aligns with the side window as seen in Z193. But then the bullet goes to the right of Connally's spine.
    A sight line is a sightline.  The zoom lens changes perspective but not sightlines.  Changing focal length does not unblock parts that were previously blocked.

In your zoom "correction" you have JFK too far to the right.   

In z193 the sightline from Zapruder blocks up to the right edge of the left trunk hand-hold:

Do you agree with a slope of 21 degrees relative to the car?

Yes. 
    How much to raise his thigh (Good Grief) and what is that based on (other than it's necessary to meet your Theory's needs)?
    You might use this as a guide:

« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 04:52:54 PM by Andrew Mason »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2024, 04:42:56 PM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2024, 06:34:55 PM »

All,

I posted the wrong gif yesterday, and meant to post the one attached, which is much slower and makes it easier to watch Connally's double shoulder up and down movement.
    It's very difficult to see it at regular speed.  My apologies or posting the wrong gif.  It's easiest to see if you watch his right shoulder.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 06:36:31 PM by Steve Barber »