Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How the Landis bullet possibly ended up on top of the backseat of the limo  (Read 6780 times)

Online Royell Storing

Re: How the Landis bullet possibly ended up on top of the backseat of the limo
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2023, 01:25:15 AM »
Advertisement
A few zealots about this case such as those on this forum MIGHT have read it.  The general public has zero interest.  Landis certainly would not have been invited on the mainstream networks to promote his book without the hook about the bullet.  Again, I don't think he is intentionally lying but has gotten old and doesn't have a clue.  That qualifies him for politics but not writing books.  In one interview, he apparently thought the "magic" bullet was the one that struck JFK in the head.  In terms of the other things you mention, those might be of some pedantic historical interest for those heavily invested in the case but they add little or nothing to the resolution of who assassinated JFK.  And I doubt after six decades that Landis' memory is any better on those points than it is on the bullet.

I had never heard/read anyone detail that Landis was physically inside the backseat of the JFK Limo at Parkland. Landis also detailed witnessing Clint Hill placing his jacket over the head of JFK. This would indicate Landis was physically close to Clint Hill immediately after arriving at Parkland. How about someone asking SA Hill if he ever saw Landis physically inside the backseat of the JFK Limo after they arrived at Parkland?  People are overlooking Landis claiming to have handled bullet fragments that were in the area between the back rest and the bench seat. He claims he handled those fragments and then put them back where he found them. Is there any documentation of bullet fragments being retrieved from this same area? If not, maybe these fragments were Not the remnants of Carcano fired bullet(s)? A major criticism  has always been that there are no other bullet fragments from another rifle/shooter. Maybe these were those fragment(s)? There are far more repercussions to the recent Landis recollections than merely another SBT discussion. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2023, 01:25:15 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2023, 02:21:56 AM »
You think Jackie caught the bullet in her hand and placed it there?  That is far out.  Landis didn't mention the bullet six decades ago.  I don't think he is intentionally lying but like many elderly people, he has mixed things up.

Does that explain why you get so many things wrong?  Projecting?

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2023, 03:28:48 AM »

There has always been a lot of confusion regarding just which stretcher the Magic Bullet fell off of. This is why Specter personally handled this area of WC Q/A. The JFK Assassination Research Community needs to familiarize itself with the TESTIMONIES that have been given. There is WC + HSCA + ARRB + Clay/Shaw. The skeletons are buried here.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2023, 03:28:48 AM »

Offline Steve Wilson

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2023, 02:08:32 AM »
Alan,
Thank you for posting the clip from the Zapruder film I was originally referring to. Although I am still uncertain about the Landis claim, but IF he did find an intact bullet where the seat meets the trunk deck AND there was a shallow wound in the president's back, this explanation makes more sense to me than anything else I have read. I highly doubt it popped out during the sudden rear movement of the head shot, and no one was suggesting Jackie caught the bullet, just perhaps dislodged it when her gloved hand brushed the President's back on her way out of the back of the car. Her hand was right there. The grainy picture of Clint Hill holding on for dear life on the ride to Parkland Hospital not showing the bullet does not convince me it was not there. His thigh could have been holding it in place. I remain open to all possibilities.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 02:10:18 AM by Steve Wilson »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2023, 10:01:43 AM »
Alan,
Thank you for posting the clip from the Zapruder film I was originally referring to. Although I am still uncertain about the Landis claim, but IF he did find an intact bullet where the seat meets the trunk deck AND there was a shallow wound in the president's back, this explanation makes more sense to me than anything else I have read. I highly doubt it popped out during the sudden rear movement of the head shot, and no one was suggesting Jackie caught the bullet, just perhaps dislodged it when her gloved hand brushed the President's back on her way out of the back of the car. Her hand was right there. The grainy picture of Clint Hill holding on for dear life on the ride to Parkland Hospital not showing the bullet does not convince me it was not there. His thigh could have been holding it in place. I remain open to all possibilities.

Her hand was right there.

The power of suggestion is amazing.
Someone posts a clip purporting to show Jackie brushing  the area of JFK's back where a bullet is unbelievably supposed to be still sticking out.
And that's what people see.

Look again.
Jackie's hand grabs the back of JFK's neck where his shirt collar is.Her other hand then pushes the back of his head.
At no time has her hand "brushed the President's back on her way out of the back of the car."
Don't just swallow what other people say, look for yourself.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2023, 10:01:43 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2023, 03:00:16 AM »
Well, unlike you I wasn't there so I can't be sure. But these frames offer the possibility that a bullet may have dropped down into her left hand and she placed it just where Mr. Landis says he found a bullet. The particular fashion in which she lays her hand down right over the 'seam' area is certainly suggestive of that

In a sense, the sheer oddness of the place where Mr. Landis says he found a bullet may speak to the veracity of his story. If you're going to make up a story of finding a bullet in the car, you wouldn't say the bullet was there of all places. Seems so wildly unrealistic.

And yet here we have Zapruder showing us just how that improbable thing might easily have happened.

We need to remember that CIA Image Expert Dino Brugioni examined the Zapruder Film the night after the assassination. Brugioni went over that film from start to finish and then prepared "Briefing Boards" to be used the following day. Decades later, Doug Horne showed Brugioni the Current Zapruder film and then asked Brugioni to compare the Z Film he had just watched to the Z Film he examined on 11/23/63. Brugioni made clear that 1 of the differences in the Current Zapruder film and the one he examined the night after the JFK Assassination was the Current Zapruder Film segment that displayed Jackie on the trunk of the Limo. Brugioni said the Current Z Film segment showing Jackie on the Limo trunk was shorter in length vs this same segment in the Zapruder Film that he examined on the night of 11/23/63. The shorter running time of the film segment displaying Jackie on the JFK Limo trunk could easily be the result of missing Z Film frames that also included the alleged bullet that Landis found.   
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 03:07:18 AM by Royell Storing »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2023, 09:49:56 AM »
    We need to remember that CIA Image Expert Dino Brugioni examined the Zapruder Film the night after the assassination. Brugioni went over that film from start to finish and then prepared "Briefing Boards" to be used the following day. Decades later, Doug Horne showed Brugioni the Current Zapruder film and then asked Brugioni to compare the Z Film he had just watched to the Z Film he examined on 11/23/63. Brugioni made clear that 1 of the differences in the Current Zapruder film and the one he examined the night after the JFK Assassination was the Current Zapruder Film segment that displayed Jackie on the trunk of the Limo. Brugioni said the Current Z Film segment showing Jackie on the Limo trunk was shorter in length vs this same segment in the Zapruder Film that he examined on the night of 11/23/63. The shorter running time of the film segment displaying Jackie on the JFK Limo trunk could easily be the result of missing Z Film frames that also included the alleged bullet that Landis found.   

You are a fantasist.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2023, 09:49:56 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2023, 06:25:45 PM »
You are a fantasist.

Let's refrain from the name calling and stick to FACTS. The opinion of a CIA Image Expert/Brugioni vs what is it you are proffering?