Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Does it Matter where Allen Dulles was on November 22, 1963?  (Read 3512 times)

Offline Fred Litwin

Does it Matter where Allen Dulles was on November 22, 1963?
« on: August 11, 2023, 12:58:53 PM »
Advertisement
https://www.onthetrailofdelusion.com/post/does-it-matter-where-allen-dulles-was-on-november-22-1963

Does it Matter Where Allen Dulles was on November 22, 1963?

Recent articles by James DiEugenio and Jefferson Morley claim that Dulles was at a CIA training facility the weekend after the assassination. He wasn't. But does it actually matter where he was?

JFK Assassination Forum

Does it Matter where Allen Dulles was on November 22, 1963?
« on: August 11, 2023, 12:58:53 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

Re: Does it Matter where Allen Dulles was on November 22, 1963?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 02:22:36 PM »
Context for those who don't want to give Fred the clicks

Robert Morrow, a dedicated JFK researcher, has just relocated an important find at the Princeton Library in the Dulles Archives. It was first written about at length in book form by David Talbot in his biography of Alen Dulles, The Devil’s Chessboard. (See pp. 546-47) Lisa Pease first located it many years ago in their online collection. But it was then lost due to a reorganization of the Dulles files. That reorganization threw off the reference pages for location purposes. But Morrow requested the archivists find it, and they did in what was, according to Robert, ‘a big, complicated digital file.’

Since it had been lost, it weakened the claim that this invaluable day-by-day calendar datebook clearly makes. According to Talbot, Dulles was in Washington that day but he did not spend the late afternoon or evening at his home in Georgetown. He was at the top secret CIA facility known officially as Camp Peary. It was unofficially known as The Farm. And according to the date book, Dulles was there from at least late Friday afternoon, through Saturday and Sunday of that dramatic weekend. In other words during the Kennedy autopsy, while Lee Oswald was in detention and after Jack Ruby shot the alleged assassin.
As Talbot writes, prior to Dulles renovating it, Camp Peary was used by the Navy Seabees and then as a prisoner of war camp for captured German sailors. According to former CIA officers Phil Agee and Victor Marchetti, “among the well-trained professionals turned out by The Farm were skilled assassins.” (Talbot, p. 546). Dulles had built for himself a sort of second home at Camp Peary, one with a well-stocked library, including current CIA reports and intel estimates. Quoting Dan Hardway, former House Select Committee on Assassinations investigator, “The Farm was basically an alternative CIA headquarters, from where Dulles could direct ops.”

And let us not forget another important point that Talbot elucidates in his book. Not only did Dulles continually meet with high CIA officials after he was fired by President Kennedy over the Bay of Pigs. He was also meeting with a mysterious but prominent Cuban exile leader named Paulino Sierra Martinez.
https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/allen-dulles-weekend-at-the-farm

Offline Fred Litwin

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 03:18:27 PM »
But he didn't go to the farm.

fred

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 03:18:27 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 06:24:09 PM »
A little off-topic but relevant to Allen Dulles’ character:

Clint Hill, “Five Presidents”, page 67: [This is immediately following the U2 downing and capture of CIA pilot Francis Gary Powers in Russia.]

The timing couldn’t have been worse. Eisenhower knew that his greatest asset going into the Paris Summit was his reputation for being honest and trustworthy. That had been obliterated. Allen Dulles, the director of the CIA, offered to design and make a statement that an unnamed official had acted without the authority to do so, but President Eisenhower rejected that option.

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 05:33:30 AM »
I take it then there is no official correspondence from the farm acknowledging Dulles was to arrive there, or correspondence afterwards acknowledging the visit had to be cancelled due of the assassination and perhaps rescheduling for a later date. This in itself raises some eyebrows that this this intended visit was in an official capacity at all. Either that or Dulles was having an affair or something and "the farm" was a euphemism for something else he was planning to do that weekend.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 05:33:30 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2023, 11:16:43 AM »
I take it then there is no official correspondence from the farm acknowledging Dulles was to arrive there, or correspondence afterwards acknowledging the visit had to be cancelled due of the assassination and perhaps rescheduling for a later date. This in itself raises some eyebrows that this this intended visit was in an official capacity at all. Either that or Dulles was having an affair or something and "the farm" was a euphemism for something else he was planning to do that weekend.

It could have been an actual farm that he was visiting. One owned by family or friends or even himself.

Offline Fred Litwin

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2023, 10:04:40 PM »
Dulles had planned to go to the farm - the cia training facility. We know this from other earlier
diary entries (that I did not include in my post) which the usage of both "the farm"
and the CIA training center. If you read my post, you will see that one of the CIA trainers
called Dulles to reschedule the weekend because many students were going to be away.

fred

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2023, 10:04:40 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2023, 01:24:04 AM »
Dulles had planned to go to the farm - the cia training facility. We know this from other earlier
diary entries (that I did not include in my post) which the usage of both "the farm"
and the CIA training center. If you read my post, you will see that one of the CIA trainers
called Dulles to reschedule the weekend because many students were going to be away.

fred

Thanks Fred, I re-read your article and believe that I now understand. It is a little difficult to follow what happened and when. Apparently the Farm weekend was cancelled well beforehand.