Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Walker Case  (Read 23949 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: The Walker Case
« Reply #192 on: July 12, 2023, 01:29:31 AM »
Advertisement
Again, Marina’s testimony is supported by the physical evidence.

Except it isn’t. The “physical evidence” tells you nothing about anybody shooting Walker. The only basis for that is Marina’s claim about what Lee told her.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #192 on: July 12, 2023, 01:29:31 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #193 on: July 12, 2023, 01:33:08 AM »
How plausible is Marina’s testimony that Lee left the rifle near Walker’s home and went back to retrieve it later? I’ve never found that to be plausible. She also made an implausible claim about locking Lee in the bathroom for hours so he wouldn’t shoot Richard Nixon. As I said earlier, only Marina knows why she said the inconsistent things she said and how truthful she was at the time. I can’t cherry-pick parts of her testimony and discard others when convenient. I don’t think she’s a credible witness.

As for the Walker shooting crime scene, No spent shell casings or a rifle were found near Walker’s home. No one saw Oswald or anyone on foot with a rifle. This is the same guy who allegedly left spent shell casings and other evidence at both the Book Depository and the Tippit murder scene? Hence why there’s speculation that if Oswald did take a shot at Walker, he may have had an accomplice who drove him there. Maybe he was one of the two men a witness saw drive away after the shooting?

But all we can do is speculate about how he could’ve done it without leaving any traces of evidence behind because there’s no evidence that directly links Oswald to the actual crime…

How plausible is Marina’s testimony that Lee left the rifle near Walker’s home and went back to retrieve it later?

Give us a few of your reasons why you think this is not plausible. I find it quite reasonable. LHO reportedly planned meticulously over a substantial time period how he intended to do the dirty deed of rubbing out Walker. It sure seems reasonable to me that he would want to avoid any potential witnesses seeing a suspicious man with a rifle (or a long raincoat hiding a rifle) leaving the area immediately before and/or after the shooting. Marina said that LHO laughed at the reports in the newspaper because the police appeared to be searching for someone in a car. And she said something to the effect that Lee thought his traveling to and from the scene via bus helped him “outsmart” the cops. So, how does one avoid being seen on the bus with a rifle? One hides it near the scene well before the shooting attempt and retrieves it on foot just before the event. Then hides it again near the scene before boarding a bus without a rifle so that one can more easily blend in with the other bus riders. Then wait a few days for the “heat” to die down before going back to get the rifle and bringing it home under his raincoat. LHO apparently had the time to search for a good hiding spot before the Walker incident.

I can’t cherry-pick parts of her testimony and discard others when convenient. I don’t think she’s a credible witness.

When the physical evidence supports her testimony, it isn’t cherry-picking. You can discount parts of her testimony if you have reason to. Inconsistencies and faulty memories are common and expected by investigators, lawyers, judges, etc.; therefore that is no legitimate reason to declare her not credible overall as a witness. If you have evidence that part of her testimony is inaccurate, you can legitimately declare that part of her testimony not credible. You cannot legitimately declair that all of her testimony is not credible for convenience.

No spent shell casings or a rifle were found near Walker’s home.

Only one shot was fired. No need to eject the spent shell and load another one. Hide the rifle so it would be highly unlikely to be found. This could have been intentionally planned in order to leave as little evidence as possible behind.

But all we can do is speculate about how he could’ve done it without leaving any traces of evidence behind because there’s no evidence that directly links Oswald to the actual crime…

Again, Marina’s testimony definitely links LHO to the crime. The note, the photos, and the bullet recovered from Walker’s house are all highly probative evidence that links LHO to the crime. And the evidence all supports one another.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #194 on: July 12, 2023, 01:34:23 AM »
Did I say anything about any testimony? There is an FBI report that you directed me to, CE 2010 if I remember correctly. This is what the WC asked for. It was their investigation.

Are you aware that this is third-hand hearsay in an anonymously written letter?

Are you aware that Don McElroy said it was he and not Norvell who found and picked up the Walker bullet?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #194 on: July 12, 2023, 01:34:23 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #195 on: July 12, 2023, 01:36:50 AM »
Yet, you still want to place your arguments in a trial setting.

It seems you want to have your cake and eat it too.

Not at all. What I said is that the rules that apply to a trial and a jury are there to try to help insure a fair trial. And that I think that we should keep this in mind when we are evaluating and forming our own opinions.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #196 on: July 12, 2023, 01:36:57 AM »
This is another example of the naysayers apparently accepting information without authentication. Yet they submit (based on nothing but lame excuses and speculation) that the evidence against LHO wasn’t properly authenticated.  ::)

There are no excuses or speculation involved. You can either authenticate the evidence or you cannot.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #196 on: July 12, 2023, 01:36:57 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #197 on: July 12, 2023, 01:46:41 AM »
There are no excuses or speculation involved. You can either authenticate the evidence or you cannot.

The lame excuses of it is possible it could have been planted or faked are exactly what is said.

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #198 on: July 12, 2023, 01:58:43 AM »
Except it isn’t. The “physical evidence” tells you nothing about anybody shooting Walker. The only basis for that is Marina’s claim about what Lee told her.

Maybe Charles meant "metaphysical evidence"  :D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #198 on: July 12, 2023, 01:58:43 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #199 on: July 12, 2023, 02:00:33 AM »

Another snip from the jury instructions:

There are two kinds of evidence: direct and circumstantial. Direct evidence is direct proof of a fact, such as testimony of an eyewitness. Circumstantial evi- dence is proof of facts from which you may infer or conclude that other facts exist.