Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Truth about Operation Northwoods  (Read 3160 times)

Online Fred Litwin

The Truth about Operation Northwoods
« on: June 20, 2023, 12:20:54 PM »
Advertisement
https://www.onthetrailofdelusion.com/post/the-truth-about-operation-northwoods

Operation Northwoods was a plan that the Pentagon put together in 1962 to create a pretense to have the United States invade Cuba. It was only revealed in the late 1990s by the ARRB and many conspiracy theorists believes that it proves the Joint Chiefs of Staff were out of control and were trying to get JFK to be more militaristic, at least towards Cuba.

But Operation Northwoods just didn't pop out of thin air. It was part and parcel of Operation Mongoose, a creation of the Kennedy brothers. They wanted to get rid of Castro and his regime and they wanted creative plans from the relevant agencies of the government.

JFK Assassination Forum

« on: June 20, 2023, 12:20:54 PM »

Online W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories
Re: The Truth about Operation Northwoods
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 03:25:41 PM »
Another good article. I have an FAQ on Morley coming soon and I'll add a link to your page.

Online Fred Litwin

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 04:07:03 PM »
Your FAQ will be must-reading.

fred

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 04:07:03 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 04:47:58 PM »
https://www.onthetrailofdelusion.com/post/the-truth-about-operation-northwoods

Operation Northwoods was a plan that the Pentagon put together in 1962 to create a pretense to have the United States invade Cuba. It was only revealed in the late 1990s by the ARRB and many conspiracy theorists believes that it proves the Joint Chiefs of Staff were out of control and were trying to get JFK to be more militaristic, at least towards Cuba.

But Operation Northwoods just didn't pop out of thin air. It was part and parcel of Operation Mongoose, a creation of the Kennedy brothers. They wanted to get rid of Castro and his regime and they wanted creative plans from the relevant agencies of the government.
Fred: Is there any evidence that JFK replaced Lemnitzer as Chairman because of this, due to his promotion of the plan? I understand the Kennedys greatly admired Maxwell Taylor - one of JFK's RFK's sons had a middle name named after him - and wanted him. Was the Northwoods plan an excuse to replace him?

McNamara was later asked about Northwoods and he said he never recalled it, that it was essentially just paper work and not taken seriously. That tends to undermine the idea that it played any role in Lemnitzer being replaced. As a side bar: John Newman says that Northwoods was the blue print for the assassination, that Lemnitzer and Lansdale (among others in the Pentagon) were the major players in the assassination.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 11:20:09 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Online Fred Litwin

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 04:59:57 PM »
I think that JFK probably wanted his own man as JCS and he knew he couldn't replace Lemnitzer when he
took office.

fred

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 04:59:57 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2023, 05:53:37 PM »
I think that JFK probably wanted his own man as JCS and he knew he couldn't replace Lemnitzer when he
took office.

fred
The idiots who came up with the Northwoods idea and supported it should have been sent to the North Pole. I hope they were just spit balling it because the entire plan was a combination of corruption and idiocy that is stunning. Nobody said, "We can't do this! It's lunacy"?

I understand that they plan for all sorts of things - nuking the moon, sending the 82nd Airborne Division to Pluto - but this idea never should have gotten out of a room much less presented to the President made its way to the White House.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 06:44:07 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2023, 07:00:50 PM »
Then there was the plan in which the White House and Pentagon pretended they were "surprised" by the "sneak attack" on Pearl Harbor.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2023, 07:00:50 PM »

Online Fred Litwin

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2023, 08:28:17 PM »
Lansdale asked the JCS for the memo. He wanted pretexts in case their other methods weren't working.

fred