Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?  (Read 50741 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?
« Reply #712 on: September 17, 2023, 08:08:44 PM »
Advertisement
If Oswald left the boarding room wearing only his brown  shirt , and thus there was no discarding a jacket, the question remaining is if Brewer saw Oswald as late as 1:30 or could Brewer have seen Oswald earlier at about 1:16-1:17 pm?

Burroughs has another statement in which he has  1:15 pm the time seeing Oswald in the theater.

That’s still not quite enough time for Oswald to walk to Brewers store first , take a look at some shoes and then be in the theater by 1:15  if Oswald left the house at 1:04pm

So the alternative is Oswald walking to theater first and entering by 1:15 which is an 11 minutes walk from the house, which  is more probable.

Entering the theater after paying for a ticket  maybe Oswald saw the movie hadn’t started yet so he went back out and across the street to look at some shoes in Brewers store for a few minutes.

Oswald was seen by Brewer in just his brown shirt. Maybe Brewer misinterpreted Oswald leaving the store only after a police car went by as Oswald acting suspiciously.

Watching Oswald go back into the theater bypassing the ticket booth was misinterpreted by Brewer as Oswald not paying and trying to “hide” in the theatre.

Oswald having already paid earlier and having a ticket stub, did not have to stop at the ticket booth.

Oswald returns by 1:19 and for the the next minute is seen by Jack Davis moving around to various seats at 1:20 pm.

Is there any way of making this kind of scenario work if we simply push the time of the Brewer shoe store sighting back to the original ~1:35 pm?

Thus: Mr. Oswald goes to TT (purchasing a ticket) quite a ways before that time. He tries to find his contact. No success. His anxiety rising, he exits the cinema (perhaps to look for a phone?). Cop-car activity alarms him--so he ducks into the shoe store lobby and slips back into the TT. He's only been gone a minute or so. When he's arrested, Mrs. Postal recognizes him as someone who bought a ticket well before the Brewer sighting: she is mystified.

Given the early timestamps which Messrs. Burroughs & Davis put on Mr. Oswald's presence in the cinema, there seems no other way of making Mr. Oswald the man seen by Mr. Brewer
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 11:39:35 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #712 on: September 17, 2023, 08:08:44 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #713 on: September 17, 2023, 11:35:33 PM »
Friends, researcher Mr. Michael Kalin has been drawing attention to an interesting thing about Mr. Bill Brown's guru, Mr. Dale Myers.

In With Malice, Mr. Myers gives us the following:

[QUOTE ON]
In 1983, Jack Tatum provided this account of the final moments of Tippit’s death:

“The man acted as if he was going to leave, and hesitated, and went back around behind the squad car, back up toward the front, where the officer was laying. He didn’t walk back, he hurried back, and cautiously approached him, and then shot him again — in the head. I’d say it was six seconds — not more than ten seconds, I don’t think, between the initial gunshots and when he shot him the second time. After shooting the officer in the head, the man hesitated — he stopped, and looked around briefly, looked toward the lady up there on the corner, Mrs. Markham — and looked up in my direction. And I was right there, right past the intersection, and it was only about a half a block — and he started a slow trot, or kind of a hurried run, in my direction. I thought he was coming after me, so I put my car in gear and moved forward, away from the gunman.”

[QUOTE OFF]

In 2018 Mr. Myers offered an eyebrow-raising 'clarification' on his blog (italics & underscore added by me):

'The paraphrased quote attributed to Tatum in my book, "With Malice" [page 71 (1998 Edition) and page 123 (2013 Edition)] is inaccurate, having survived an early draft of the book in which John Moriarty's speculation about the Tippit head wound influenced my rendering of Tatum's comments about the same. The phrase " - in the head" should have been in brackets or outside the quotation, as it was a qualifier to what Tatum actually said. Same for the phrase: "After shooting the officer in the head..."'

So-------------------the quotation should have read as follows:

“The man acted as if he was going to leave, and hesitated, and went back around behind the squad car, back up toward the front, where the officer was laying. He didn’t walk back, he hurried back, and cautiously approached him, and then shot him again — in the head. I’d say it was six seconds — not more than ten seconds, I don’t think, between the initial gunshots and when he shot him the second time. After shooting the officer in the head, the man hesitated — he stopped, and looked around briefly, looked toward the lady up there on the corner, Mrs. Markham — and looked up in my direction. And I was right there, right past the intersection, and it was only about a half a block — and he started a slow trot, or kind of a hurried run, in my direction. I thought he was coming after me, so I put my car in gear and moved forward, away from the gunman.”

So let's get this straight. Mr. Myers saw fit to offer his own 'rendering' (i.e. CHANGED VERSION) of a direct quotation from a witness in order to insert his own latest belief into the witness' mouth. And now he's taking this alien element out because it no longer suits his propagandistic Warren Gullible agenda.

Friendly advice: be VERY careful in handling any report from Mr. Myers of his interview with a witness, unless and until he releases audio of that interview. By his own confession, he has form in the department of improving on what they say. And the lord alone knows how many times he has applied this system in the other direction: NOT including inconvenient things they HAVE told him. There's never not an agenda here.

Like I say, this guy is guru to our own Mr. Bill Brown!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 11:46:57 PM by Alan Ford »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #714 on: September 18, 2023, 03:56:13 PM »
But Witherspoon did not live on Tenth Street.  In fact, she lived nowhere near the vicinity of Tenth and Patton.  Not even close.

According to the 1964 Polk's Dallas City Directory, Witherspoon lived in the 2500 block of South Tyler, over thirty blocks from Tenth and Patton.  Also, Witherspoon confirmed this in a 1983 interview with author Dale Myers.

https://ia800908.us.archive.org/28/items/nsia-PerryDave/nsia-PerryDave/Perry%20David%20B%2075.pdf

With Malice: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Murder of Officer J. D. Tippit
By Dale K. Myers

« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 04:20:52 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #714 on: September 18, 2023, 03:56:13 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #715 on: September 18, 2023, 07:31:48 PM »
From With Malice:

"Tippit's relationship with the waitress came to a sudden end in September 1963, when the woman quit her job at Austin's Barbecue and resumed living with her ex-husband."

Hmm......................................

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #716 on: September 18, 2023, 09:29:19 PM »
From With Malice:

"Tippit's relationship with the waitress came to a sudden end in September 1963, when the woman quit her job at Austin's Barbecue and resumed living with her ex-husband."

Hmm......................................

In June 1964, said waitress gives birth to a baby.

June 1964: nine months after September 1963.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #716 on: September 18, 2023, 09:29:19 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #717 on: September 18, 2023, 09:33:57 PM »
In June 1964, said waitress gives birth to a baby.

June 1964: nine months after September 1963.

Also from the document to which Mr. Scully linked:

[Witherspoon = Mrs. Johnnie Maxie Witherspoon, waitress, who told HSCA she had an affair with Officer Tippit 1961-63]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 11:49:30 PM by Alan Ford »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #718 on: September 19, 2023, 06:51:06 AM »
Zeon Mason, John Iacoletti and Martin Weidmann...

The three of you are in denial.  The only person on earth who was present when Oswald left the rooming house said he was zipping up a jacket as he went out the door.

If I were an Oswald defender at any cost, I'd deny this fact, too, because I know what it means; that Oswald ditched the jacket between the rooming house on Beckley and the shoe store on Jefferson.

"He got a jacket and put it on; it was kind of a zipper jacket.  He was zipping it up as he went out the door." -- Earlene Roberts (Warren Commission testimony)

Mr. BREWER - And had brown hair. He had a brown sports shirt on. His shirt tail was out.
Mr. BELIN - Any jacket?
Mr. BREWER - No.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #718 on: September 19, 2023, 06:51:06 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #719 on: September 19, 2023, 07:29:52 AM »
The only person on earth who was present when Oswald left the rooming house said he was zipping up a jacket as he went out the door.

If I were an Oswald defender at any cost, I'd deny this fact, too, because I know what it means; that Oswald ditched the jacket between the rooming house on Beckley and the shoe store on Jefferson.

'The only person on earth who was present when Oswald left the rooming house said he was zipping up a dark jacket as he went out the door.

'If I were an Oswald accuser at any cost, I'd deny this fact, too, because I know what it means; that the jacket wasn't the one allegedly found in the parking lot. Oswald must have worn his dark jacket into the Texas Theatre and taken it off in there.'