Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?  (Read 49208 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?
« Reply #280 on: June 07, 2023, 04:10:47 PM »
Advertisement
Thumb1:

Thanks Bill, I missed that one.  :D

Btw I'm enjoying the Jacket debate over at the Ed Forum and even though Greg Doudna has a lot of ideas I don't agree with, he conducts himself like a gentleman and the fact that he fights for Ruth Paine in that World of slander and lies is encouraging. 

JohnM

I agree 100%. I actually like Doudna.  He twists the known evidence into something it isn't but you're right, he seems to be a class act.  He and I exchange the occasional private message and are civil to each other.  I've told him more than once that I admire his passion.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 04:22:45 PM by Bill Brown »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #280 on: June 07, 2023, 04:10:47 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #281 on: June 07, 2023, 04:21:28 PM »
Hilarious... yet another one who failed to mention any of this is an official report.

Even during his testimony to the Warren Commission his recollection was vague to say the least. He admits that he never held the billfold which means that he relied on what Bentley allegedly said.

Mr. BELIN. Was he asked where he lived?
Mr. HILL. That was the second question that was asked the suspect, and he didn't answer it, either.
About the time I got through with the radio transmission, I asked Paul Bentley, "Why don't you see if he has any identification."
Paul was sitting sort of sideways in the seat, and with his right hand he reached down and felt of the suspect's left hip pocket and said, "Yes, he has a billfold," and took it out.
I never did have the billfold in my possession, but the name Lee Oswald was called out by Bentley from the back seat, and said this identification, I believe, was on the library card.
And he also made the statement that there was some more identification in this other name which I don't remember, but it was the same name that later came in the paper that he bought the gun under.
Mr. BELIN. Would the name Hidell mean anything? Alek Hidell?
Mr. HILL. That would be similar. I couldn't say specifically that is what it was, because this was a conversation and I never did see it written down, but that sounds like the name that I heard.
Mr. BELIN. Was this the first time you learned of the name?
Mr. HILL. Yes; it was.

Hilarious... yet another one who failed to mention any of this is an official report.

(Again) But it's acceptable that neither Westbrook or Barrett "mentioned any of this in an official report"?

Hill, Bentley, et al didn't mention the Hidell identification in an official report, so it didn't happen.

Westbrook and Barrett didn't mention any Hidell identification on the scene in an official report but that's okay, it still happened.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 04:23:27 PM by Bill Brown »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #282 on: June 07, 2023, 04:27:54 PM »
But Weidmann when are you going to actually prove any of your allegations because otherwise your opinion about what you think should happen and your vivid imagination is just paranoid rubbish which proves nothing!

You’re the one who makes allegations and based them on “cop who wasn’t even there said so”. What allegations did Martin make, other than that your claims are rubbish?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #282 on: June 07, 2023, 04:27:54 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #283 on: June 07, 2023, 04:31:49 PM »
You always want to make it personal and attack the messenger, as if that somehow proves your case but the rock solid evidence, advanced scientific examination, expert forensic analysis and the lack of any proven conspiracy is and always will be what history remembers.

It’s not an “attack”. You’ve provided no basis whatsoever for calling these things “lies”.

Maybe if any CT can point to a feasible alternate narrative then perhaps the real World might listen

- you’re not the real world
- you don’t listen
- an alternative isn’t necessary when you haven’t demonstrated that your contrived scenario is correct in the first place. You don’t just automatically win by default.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #284 on: June 07, 2023, 04:33:50 PM »
Seriously? The testimony from multiple diverse eyewitnesses has been provided, if you don't believe it because of your nonsensical bias then that's your problem.

Wrong. The only thing you quoted that claimed that Oswald “admitted” anything about the ID was Leavelle, who wasn’t even at the interrogations. Typical “Mytton” dishonest spin.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #284 on: June 07, 2023, 04:33:50 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #285 on: June 07, 2023, 04:38:23 PM »
Weidmann's only reason for his insane allegations comes from this 1 man who tried to remember a single fact from decades previous.

But something that Paul Bentley supposedly said decades later to Sneed is A-OK with “Mytton”.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #286 on: June 07, 2023, 04:53:29 PM »

(Again) But it's acceptable that neither Westbrook or Barrett "mentioned any of this in an official report"?

Hill, Bentley, et al didn't mention the Hidell identification in an official report, so it didn't happen.

Westbrook and Barrett didn't mention any Hidell identification on the scene in an official report but that's okay, it still happened.

Acceptable? No of course not. At least not in Westbrook's case. 

Barrett, on the other hand, had no reason to put anything about the wallet in a report. He didn't find it, never examined it's content and the Tippit crime scene was not FBI jurisdiction (yet). In fact, Barrett was merely present when Westbrook examined the wallet and he was asked if he knew either Oswald or Hidell. So, what was there for him to report, except perhaps that a DPD officer asked him if he knew anybody going by either those names?

Well let me put it like this; how can somebody write a report about finding something that actually wasn't there? If such a vital piece of information had been in the wallet Bentley took from Oswald, wouldn't you expect there to be a report?

Already answered. Westbrook needs to be in the same group as Hill and Bentley, as he also failed to report the Hidell ID.

There was no need for Barrett to file a report on being asked a simple question. Barrett went with Westbrook in the car but was not part of the investigation. He merely observed. Expecting a report from Barrett would be the same as expecting one from Callaway.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 04:59:17 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #286 on: June 07, 2023, 04:53:29 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #287 on: June 07, 2023, 05:14:20 PM »

Acceptable? No of course not. At least not in Westbrook's case. 

Barrett, on the other hand, had no reason to put anything about the wallet in a report. He didn't find it, never examined it's content and the Tippit crime scene was not FBI jurisdiction (yet). In fact, Barrett was merely present when Westbrook examined the wallet and he was asked if he knew either Oswald or Hidell. So, what was there for him to report, except perhaps that a DPD officer asked him if he knew anybody going by either those names?

Well let me put it like this; how can somebody write a report about finding something that actually wasn't there? If such a vital piece of information had been in the wallet Bentley took from Oswald, wouldn't you expect there to be a report?

Already answered. Westbrook needs to be in the same group as Hill and Bentley, as he also failed to report the Hidell ID.

There was no need for Barrett to file a report on being asked a simple question. Barrett went with Westbrook in the car but was not part of the investigation. He merely observed. Expecting a report from Barrett would be the same as expecting one from Callaway.

If such a vital piece of information had been in the wallet Bentley took from Oswald, wouldn't you expect there to be a report?

The same can be said for Westbrook, who is the person who supposedly saw the identifications inside the wallet and asked Barrett if he was familiar with the two names.  To this day, there has never been anything from Westbrook surface which mentions such a thing took place at the scene.

There was no need for Barrett to file a report on being asked a simple question. Barrett went with Westbrook in the car but was not part of the investigation. He merely observed.

We'll have to agree to disagree, re: whether or not Barrett should have mentioned in his report that a wallet at the scene contained identifications for both Oswald and Hidell.  I think you're dismissing the point that Barrett would have mentioned such an important item in his report.  It was more than being asked only "a simple question".

Picture it like this...

Once the day is concluding, Barrett writes his report (which he did do).  Obviously, the alleged assassin is in custody and by now everyone knows his name.  A wallet was found at the scene which contained identifications inside for both Oswald and Hidell.  If such a thing happened, Barrett mentions it in the report.  He didn't.