Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A time to receive and give (CE399)  (Read 25484 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: A time to receive and give (CE399)
« Reply #144 on: March 02, 2023, 04:27:19 PM »
Advertisement
I agree with the comment that "Shires and the x-rays tell a different story". I am not sure why Dr. Shaw's or even Dr. Gregory's comments are all that important. Dr. Shires had the closest and longest look at the thigh wound and x-rays.

In my view, the most significant issue is the location of the metal piece that remained in the thigh.

Dr. Gregory thought the metal piece appeared just below the skin but it is not clear what he based that on.

Dr. Shires had debrided the wound down to the region of the femur. This involved cleaning the wound and removing dead tissue. I am not sure why he would be removing dead tissue down as far as the femur unless the bullet had travelled that far.

Dr. Shires always maintained that the metal piece was embedded in the femur.  That metal piece shows up on both the anterior-posterior and lateral views at the same location relative to the femur (CE694, 695, 696).

If Dr. Shires was right, the object that made the thigh wound was a missile that had entered the thigh obliquely along the direction of the femur, travelled down to the femur where it left a small amount of lead, but did not remain in the thigh for some reason.  How long it was in the thigh cannot be determined from the evidence we have. There is evidence that CE399, whose condition fits the wound characteristics of the thigh wound, was found on Connally's stretcher.  It is a reasonable inference that CE399 caused the thigh wound.  That is about all we can say from that evidence.

There is evidence that CE399, whose condition fits the wound characteristics of the thigh wound, was found on Connally's stretcher.

What would that evidence be?

Tomlinson couldn't even say on which stretcher he found the bullet nor is there - as far as I know - any evidence that confirms the stretcher used for Connally was indeed in the room when Tomlinson found the bullet.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #144 on: March 02, 2023, 04:27:19 PM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #145 on: March 02, 2023, 11:56:22 PM »
Here is the whole thing:

The bullet going "obliquely along the direction of the femur" fits Mason's silly notion that the bullet from Kennedy's throat travel forward and passed-without-striking (get this) Connally's left torso and thus entered the left thigh from behind.
With Connally turned right as he is up to z200 and with his left leg out a bit to the side (natural) the right to left path through JFK's neck goes directly there - to the left thigh. 

Dr. Shires testified: (6 H 106):

"Mr. SPECTER. What size bullet would it take to create the punctate hole which
you described in the thigh?
Dr. SHIRES. This would depend entirely on the angle and the speed and
weight of the bullet. For example, a small missile on a tangent may create a
surprisingly large defect. A large bullet with fast or a relatively slow velocity
will create the same defect."

This is in contrast to the SBT scenario that the bullet entered the thigh after slapping off the right wrist.
Perhaps you could explain how "slapping" off the right wrist results in the bullet going through the french cuff causing a jagged long tear:

and going down and to the left rather than away from the point of contact.  Keep in mind that the damage to the right radius bone was to the right side of the bone not the inner left side.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2023, 01:23:20 AM »
I'm not sure if this article by Aguilar and Thompson has come up yet, but the only question it leaves unanswered is - when was CE399 introduced into the chain of custody?:

https://history-matters.com/essays/frameup/EvenMoreMagical/EvenMoreMagical.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2023, 01:23:20 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2023, 04:07:15 AM »
I agree with the comment that "Shires and the x-rays tell a different story". I am not sure why Dr. Shaw's or even Dr. Gregory's comments are all that important. Dr. Shires had the closest and longest look at the thigh wound and x-rays.

In my view, the most significant issue is the location of the metal piece that remained in the thigh.

Dr. Gregory thought the metal piece appeared just below the skin but it is not clear what he based that on.
Oh, but yes it is clear. And we've been through all this before over at a.a.jfk, if you recall. It starts with a Dr Jack Reynolds, the Parkland radiologist responsible for examining the Connally's X-rays  in the late fall of 1963. Reynolds reported that the fragment was 8mm from the surface of the skin, not buried in the femur.  Gregory read those x-rays the same way. So did Shaw. In fact, every physician that I know of who've examined the thigh x-rays have stated that the thigh fragment is near the surface, except for Shires. The explanation given by the HSCA FPP was that Shires was confused by an artifact in one of the x-rays that overlies the image of the femur. Ultimately, you have Shires' opinion versus basically everyone else's.

Further, had a bullet hit Connally's thigh hard enough to drive a fragment deep into the bone, it would have caused noticeable damage to the bone. No such injury is evident in the x-rays, the of the operative records, the medical testimony, or anywhere else. There just isn't a case for a fragment driven into the bone.

Dr. Shires had debrided the wound down to the region of the femur. This involved cleaning the wound and removing dead tissue. I am not sure why he would be removing dead tissue down as far as the femur unless the bullet had travelled that far.
Which doesn't even begin to prove anything one way or the other about how far in the fragment was.

Dr. Shires always maintained that the metal piece was embedded in the femur.  That metal piece shows up on both the anterior-posterior and lateral views at the same location relative to the femur (CE694, 695, 696).
Whatever Shires claimed, and for how long, every other physician who's studied those x-rays state that the fragment is not in the femur, but a few mm from the surface. Also, if you notice, and you don't even have to look carefully, there are multiple little bright, fragment-like spots on those x-rays. So which is the real fragment and which are artifacts?

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2023, 07:49:37 AM »

So Mitch caught you cherry-picking the doctor's opinions. You're like the defense attorney at the Murdaugh Trial pretending the shotgun couldn't work because of Murdaugh's height. What a farce.

With Connally turned right as he is up to z200 and with his left leg out a bit to the side (natural) the right to left path through JFK's neck goes directly there - to the left thigh.

That might be if the assassination occurred in Pepperland.

The only way you could make your models look similar to the men in the Zapruder film was to distort perspective.

Z193 is the clearest frame near to Z200 that shows Connally's position. His chest isn't facing the interior of the side of the car as much as you have it. The chest seems to be facing towards the camera.

Perhaps you could explain how "slapping" off the right wrist results in the bullet going through the french cuff causing a jagged long tear:

and going down and to the left rather than away from the point of contact.  Keep in mind that the damage to the right radius bone was to the right side of the bone not the inner left side.

Put it in visual form so we can indulge in another of your fantasies. When are you taking your 20-year-old theory to the Toronto Star or Globe and Mail?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 07:52:53 AM by Jerry Organ »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2023, 07:49:37 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2023, 06:57:07 PM »

Another thing to note about Andrew's model is Connally's head is far closer to the side of the limo than JFK's
In reality JFK (in any photo I've seen of the motorcade) is jammed into the corner of his seat with his right arm resting on the edge of the limo, while Connally is sat further away from the edge of the limo:

If Connally is positioned to replicate the image above in Andrew's model it would bring his right armpit nicely into line with a bullet fired from the SN and exiting JFK's throat.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 06:58:10 PM by Dan O'meara »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2023, 08:00:06 PM »
Another thing to note about Andrew's model is Connally's head is far closer to the side of the limo than JFK's.
That is because I am basing their positions at the time, according to the evidence, first shot occurred (z190-200), not how they were positioned 20 minutes earlier.  The zfilm shows how they were positioned at that time:

JBC is turned to the right.  Since the seat back prevents him just turning if he is leaning against it, he had to lean forward a bit and then turn his shoulders pivoting on his right shoulder.  This appears to have moved his midline slightly to the right of centre of the seat.
If Connally is positioned to replicate the image above in Andrew's model it would bring his right armpit nicely into line with a bullet fired from the SN and exiting JFK's throat.
Only if JBC was sitting on the left edge of his seat over the drive shaft so that his midline was 12-13 inches left of JFK's midline.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2023, 08:00:06 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2023, 11:45:23 PM »
That is because I am basing their positions at the time, according to the evidence, first shot occurred (z190-200), not how they were positioned 20 minutes earlier.  The zfilm shows how they were positioned at that time:

JBC is turned to the right.  Since the seat back prevents him just turning if he is leaning against it, he had to lean forward a bit and then turn his shoulders pivoting on his right shoulder.  This appears to have moved his midline slightly to the right of centre of the seat. Only if JBC was sitting on the left edge of his seat over the drive shaft so that his midline was 12-13 inches left of JFK's midline.

I can only post actual photographic evidence of the relative sitting positions of JFK and Connally.
The ludicrous sitting positions you have in your model are based on nothing but your futile attempt to bolster your truly bizarre theory. They have no basis in reality and have zero evidentiery support.

Only if JBC was sitting...12-13 inches left of JFK's midline.

A bit like the photo posted above  ;)