Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Motive  (Read 17858 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Oswald's Motive
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2022, 02:49:23 PM »
Advertisement
According to the CTers who post here, Oswald wasn't on the 6th floor (or at least they suggest there is no evidence of such).  And some even claim he had an alibi.  So why would anyone need to make sure Oswald was in DP to frame him for the crime?  They drop the same rifle with his prints on the grassy knoll, arrest Oswald somewhere else, and coerce any person who could give him an alibi into silence.  All things CTers regularly suggest did happen to frame Oswald in the TSBD.
The conspirators just have to make sure he doesn't have an iron clad alibi, one that he can use to clear himself, one they can't manipulate/control or make disappear. Then they can put him anywhere in Dealey Plaza - the picket fence, the underpass, the sewer - and plant the evidence for his acts.

This idea that two months before the assassination they plant him in the TSBD and then two months later everything works out so they can frame him is an idea I find completely impossible. So many intermediate steps have to go right, so many uncontrollable things, that it's not even remotely possible. But this view is based on the idea that there were/are limits to what they can, how much they can control.

In conspiracy world anything is possible. As Hofstadter said, the conspiracy view "Believes it is up against an enemy who is as infallibly rational as he is totally evil, and it seeks to match his imputed total competence with its own, leaving nothing unexplained and comprehending all of reality in one overreaching consistent theory."

Again: "imputed total competence."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 02:59:34 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2022, 02:49:23 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2022, 03:15:16 PM »
According to the CTers who post here, Oswald wasn't on the 6th floor (or at least they suggest there is no evidence of such).  And some even claim he had an alibi.  So why would anyone need to make sure Oswald was in DP to frame him for the crime?  They drop the same rifle with his prints on the grassy knoll, arrest Oswald somewhere else, and coerce any person who could give him an alibi into silence.  All things CTers regularly suggest did happen to frame Oswald in the TSBD.

I’m not explaining what I believe happened.

I responded to your comment about why potential conspirators would’ve gotten Oswald a job in Dealey Plaza ahead of Kennedy’s visit to Dallas.

Without Oswald having a job in Dealey Plaza there would’ve been no way to frame him as he might’ve been somewhere else at the time of the assassination.

I’m aware of the lack of evidence proving that Oswald was on the sixth floor at the time of the shooting and personally don’t know if he fired a rifle that day. I noted James Jarman’s testimony about Oswald not knowing that the motorcade was going to pass the Book Depository.

I believe it’s possible that he was framed but I admit that I’m not sure…

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2022, 03:29:35 PM »

In conspiracy world anything is possible. As Hofstadter said, the conspiracy view "Believes it is up against an enemy who is as infallibly rational as he is totally evil, and it seeks to match his imputed total competence with its own, leaving nothing unexplained and comprehending all of reality in one overreaching consistent theory."

Again: "imputed total competence."

Conspirators are not always competent. See Watergate and Iran Contra for famous examples of conspiracies exposed by incompetence.

But there are other examples of competent and successful conspiracies. Many of those examples involve organized crime. Some involve terrorists. The CIA had a number of successful conspiracy plots in other countries before the Bay of Pigs and other well publicized failures. The FBI almost got away with their COINTELPRO conspiracies.

When it comes to conspiracies, I’m generally a skeptic believe it or not. I don’t believe 9/11 was an inside job. I don’t believe Trump “colluded” with Putin in 2016. I don’t believe Hillary intentionally let Americans die in Benghazi.

The JFK assassination is different to me because of the overwhelming number of strange coincidences, inconclusive and inconsistent evidence, and continued secrecy by our national security state. In other words, it seems perfectly reasonable for people to speculate that there might have been a conspiracy based on the things that continue to be debated and remain inconclusive.

So I don’t understand your relentless attempts to paint people who speculate about conspiracies in the Kennedy assassination as “Tin foil hat” people. Granted, some in the JFK assassination research community fall into that category but most people (myself included) honestly don’t find the official narrative to be convincing and are still searching for the truth.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 03:34:28 PM by Jon Banks »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2022, 03:29:35 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2022, 04:34:05 PM »
So I don’t understand your relentless attempts to paint people who speculate about conspiracies in the Kennedy assassination as “Tin foil hat” people.

Because that’s easier than thinking.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2022, 06:44:08 PM »
I’m not explaining what I believe happened.

I responded to your comment about why potential conspirators would’ve gotten Oswald a job in Dealey Plaza ahead of Kennedy’s visit to Dallas.

Without Oswald having a job in Dealey Plaza there would’ve been no way to frame him as he might’ve been somewhere else at the time of the assassination.

I’m aware of the lack of evidence proving that Oswald was on the sixth floor at the time of the shooting and personally don’t know if he fired a rifle that day. I noted James Jarman’s testimony about Oswald not knowing that the motorcade was going to pass the Book Depository.

I believe it’s possible that he was framed but I admit that I’m not sure…

You asked how the conspirators could ensure that Oswald would be in DP on the day of the assassination in order to frame him for the crime if he didn't work at the TSBD.  I've tried to explain to you that using CTer logic that would not be necessary.  He could have been at the North Pole with Santa and all the conspirators had to do was drop the same rifle, claim it had Oswald's prints and coerce any witness who could give him an alibi to be silent.  All things that CTers have claimed DID happen in the TSBD.  That as much as I can simplify this.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2022, 06:44:08 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #189 on: December 13, 2022, 07:24:58 PM »
You asked how the conspirators could ensure that Oswald would be in DP on the day of the assassination in order to frame him for the crime if he didn't work at the TSBD.  I've tried to explain to you that using CTer logic that would not be necessary.  He could have been at the North Pole with Santa and all the conspirators had to do was drop the same rifle, claim it had Oswald's prints and coerce any witness who could give him an alibi to be silent.  All things that CTers have claimed DID happen in the TSBD.  That as much as I can simplify this.

There’s no “logic” in your argument.

If LHO doesn’t get a job anywhere near the crime scene, there’s no way to ensure that he would’ve been near the crime scene on 11/22/63. It’s that simple.

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #190 on: December 13, 2022, 07:29:11 PM »
There’s no “logic” in your argument.

If LHO doesn’t get a job anywhere near the crime scene, there’s no way to ensure that he would’ve been near the crime scene on 11/22/63. It’s that simple.
Why does he need a job near the crime scene? He didn't have a job near the scene of the Tippit shooting. And people believe he was framed for that murder. I assume, I hope?, you think the evidence shows he shot Tippit?

The conspirators have to be sure he doesn't have an alibi, witnesses who can show he was not at the scene of the crime. If he doesn't have one they can plant the evidence he was there and shot JFK.

He doesn't have to be placed, e.g., a job, in DP in order to frame him. He just can't have an alibi that he was elsewhere at the time.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 07:37:35 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #190 on: December 13, 2022, 07:29:11 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #191 on: December 13, 2022, 07:39:58 PM »
Why does he need a job near the crime scene? He didn't have a job near the scene of the Tippit shooting. And people believe he was framed for that murder. I assume, I hope?, you think the evidence shows he shot Tippit?

The conspirators have to be sure he doesn't have an alibi, witnesses who can show he was not at the scene of the crime. If he doesn't have one they can plant the evidence he was there and shot JFK.

He doesn't have to be placed, e.g., a job, in DP in order to frame him. He just can't have an alibi that he was elsewhere at the time.

That would have been a valid argument if Oswald had lived to have his day in court. After he was killed they could come up with any kind of narrative they wanted without an alibi ever coming into play.