Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Debunking the JFK Conspiracists: New Book  (Read 11306 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: Debunking the JFK Conspiracists: New Book
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2023, 02:44:30 PM »
Advertisement
Strawman arguments.  6 out of 7 mock trials have resulted in either a hung jury or acquittal in favor of Oswald - in other words, there is reasonable doubt as to his guilt. (The exception was a farcical trial).

We need not know who pulled the trigger or who planned it*.  All that is relevant to conclude the assassination was a conspiracy is that the evidence shows that Oswald could not have pulled it off and that it had to be by others.  It also doesn't help the lone gunman scenario that a cover-up of the truth by the Warren Commission and certain agencies or departments of the government occurred.

*People can theorize how, who and why after the fact - if the police didn't theorize, nobody would go to jail.  There are theories that fit the facts better than the SBT.

UFO believers require a government cover up to explain why they can never prove the existence of aliens.  Those men in black are always showing up just in time to hide the evidence.  Some JFK CTers need to claim that this case can't be solved for similar reasons.  They can't prove an alternate conspiracy theory.  Nothing adds up much less the existence of any actual evidence that point to anyone except Oswald. Rather, like middling defense attorneys (or Inspector Clouseau) they can "suspect everyone and suspect no one."  A lazy but amusing approach that allows them to eat their cake and have it too.  After nearly six decades, the bottom line is they don't know what happened.  Never will.  It just can't be Oswald.  If a time machine was invented to allow these types to witness the event, they would gouge their own eyes out before witnessing Oswald pull the trigger. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2023, 02:44:30 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2023, 03:59:38 PM »
UFO believers require a government cover up to explain why they can never prove the existence of aliens.  Those men in black are always showing up just in time to hide the evidence.  Some JFK CTers need to claim that this case can't be solved for similar reasons.  They can't prove an alternate conspiracy theory.  Nothing adds up much less the existence of any actual evidence that point to anyone except Oswald. Rather, like middling defense attorneys (or Inspector Clouseau) they can "suspect everyone and suspect no one."  A lazy but amusing approach that allows them to eat their cake and have it too.  After nearly six decades, the bottom line is they don't know what happened.  Never will.  It just can't be Oswald.  If a time machine was invented to allow these types to witness the event, they would gouge their own eyes out before witnessing Oswald pull the trigger.

The classic LN "if you can't prove (with evidence I will never accept) that there was a conspiracy, Oswald is guilty by default"

After nearly six decades, the bottom line is they don't know what happened.

And neither do you. You only think you do.

It just can't be Oswald.

I have no problem accepting Oswald as the lone gunman, when actual persuasive evidence (and not opinions) is provided to support such a finding. So, go on then....provide it.

Wait, I forgot, you can't show that evidence and blame it on me for asking for something so impossible. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 06:16:55 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2023, 08:42:02 PM »
The classic LN "if you can't prove (with evidence I will never accept) that there was a conspiracy, Oswald is guilty by default"

After nearly six decades, the bottom line is they don't know what happened.

And neither do you. You only think you do.

It just can't be Oswald.

I have no problem accepting Oswald as the lone gunman, when actual persuasive evidence (and not opinions) is provided to support such a finding. So, go on then....provide it.

Wait, I forgot, you can't show that evidence and blame it on me for asking for something so impossible.

Unless you are suggesting that JFK committed suicide, the options are that Oswald did it or a ton of evidence was manufactured to make it look like he did.  You are constantly implying the latter. Which would be a conspiracy.  There is a mountain of evidence confirming that Oswald did it. That is why some CTers allege the evidence was planted.  To frame Oswald for the crime.  The fact that this evidence doesn't satisfy the subjective criteria of a contrarian loon doesn't change that.   Again, the case against Oswald has been publicly known and available for nearly six decades.  You know that evidence.  Why do you keep asking me for it?  Do you think I have evidence that wasn't available to law enforcement and the WC?  You are constantly confusing your own impossible subjective standard of proof on the topic with facts and evidence.  Every contrarian doesn't have to be convinced for something to be a fact. 

FACT:  Oswald did it. 
FACT:  there is no credible evidence of anyone else being involved.  After nearly 60 years, you can't and won't even articulate any counternarrative.  That speaks volumes as to the lack of evidence of any conspiracy. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2023, 08:42:02 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2023, 08:58:45 PM »
Unless you are suggesting that JFK committed suicide, the options are that Oswald did it or a ton of evidence was manufactured to make it look like he did.  You are constantly implying the latter. Which would be a conspiracy.  There is a mountain of evidence confirming that Oswald did it. That is why some CTers allege the evidence was planted.  To frame Oswald for the crime.  The fact that this evidence doesn't satisfy the subjective criteria of a contrarian loon doesn't change that.   Again, the case against Oswald has been publicly known and available for nearly six decades.  You know that evidence.  Why do you keep asking me for it?  Do you think I have evidence that wasn't available to law enforcement and the WC?  You are constantly confusing your own impossible subjective standard of proof on the topic with facts and evidence.  Every contrarian doesn't have to be convinced for something to be a fact. 

FACT:  there is no credible evidence of anyone else being involved.  After nearly 60 years, you can't and won't even articulate any counternarrative.  That speaks volumes as to the lack of evidence of any conspiracy.

the options are that Oswald did it or a ton of evidence was manufactured to make it look like he did.

What "ton of evidence" would that be?

There is a mountain of evidence confirming that Oswald did it.

If that's true, why do you constantly fail to present that evidence?

Again, the case against Oswald has been publicly known and available for nearly six decades.  You know that evidence.

You mean the "evidence" that doesn't actually prove what is being alleged?

Why do you keep asking me for it?

Because you continue not to produce it. You make all sorts of claims about a paper bag, Oswald being on the 6th floor and going down the TSBD stairs within 75 seconds after the last shot, and much more, without actually ever producing a shred of conclusive evidence for it.

Do you think I have evidence that wasn't available to law enforcement and the WC? 

Well, you must have, because the WC never actually claimed there was any evidence that Oswald was on the 6th floor of the TSBD when Kennedy passed by. They just said he was. Yet, you claim there is such evidence. So, where is it?

You are constantly confusing your own impossible subjective standard of proof on the topic with facts and evidence.

What "facts and evidence"? After about six months of asking, I finally gave up asking for the evidence you said existed that Oswald was on the 6th floor of the TSBD at 12:30 on 11/22/63 and that he ran down the stairs, unseen, within 75 seconds after the last shot. Are you now still claiming that such evidence exists?

A fact can be proven. So, prove it or it isn't a fact

FACT:  there is no credible evidence of anyone else being involved.

That's not necessarily true. Within the body of evidence that the WC provided, there is enough to make a circumstantial case for a conspiracy, but you will never accept any of it.

After nearly 60 years, you can't and won't even articulate any counternarrative. 

Don't have to...

That speaks volumes as to the lack of evidence of any conspiracy.

No it doesn't.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 06:59:37 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2023, 12:23:44 AM »
Unless you are suggesting that JFK committed suicide, the options are that Oswald did it or a ton of evidence was manufactured to make it look like he did. 

Wrong again, “Richard”. There isn’t a “ton of evidence” that looks like Oswald did it. There’s a ton of false or unsubstantiated claims that you keep regurgitating and calling it “evidence”. Big difference.

LOL. FACT: “Richard” is delusional

LOL. Every delusional LN evangelist nut doesn’t have to be convinced for something to be “credible”.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2023, 12:23:44 AM »