Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: CE 143  (Read 9226 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: CE 143
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2022, 12:18:55 AM »
Advertisement
This is not complicated. If he didn’t pull out a gun, then don’t claim he pulled out a gun.

Not complicated at all:

Mr. McDONALD - He was drawing it as I put my hand

If he was drawing (pulling) a gun, then don’t claim he wasn’t.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 12:19:48 AM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2022, 12:18:55 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2022, 12:31:29 AM »

Mr. McDONALD - He was drawing it as I put my hand If he was drawing (pulling) a gun, then don’t claim he wasn’t.
McDonald told the news reporters that he himself had his gun drawn...ready for trouble. That was not ever mentioned again.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2022, 12:59:57 AM »
McDonald told the news reporters that he himself had his gun drawn...ready for trouble. That was not ever mentioned again.

Walker testified that he had his gun drawn. But he put it in his holster to search the two people in front of LHO.

Mr. BELIN. All right, now, you mentioned there were two people sitting together in the center?
Mr. WALKER. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. You came up and approached those people?
Mr. WALKER. McDonald approached them from the -
Mr. BELIN. Right?
Mr. WALKER. Right center aisle, and I approached from the left center aisle.
Mr. BELIN. Did you have your gun drawn?
Mr. WALKER. I had it drawn, and I put it back in my holster.
Mr. BELIN. Why did you do that?
Mr. WALKER. I had to search him.
As I got up to him, we had him stand up and we searched him with their hands up, and I had my gun in the holster. I searched the one on the left, and McDonald searched the one on the right.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2022, 12:59:57 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2022, 04:08:50 AM »
If he was drawing (pulling) a gun, then don’t claim he wasn’t.

I didn’t. I said he didn’t pull out a revolver — which is the truth, despite all of your verbal gymnastics.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2022, 11:40:40 AM »
No, your statement is misleading and a distortion of the truth. This is typical of the nonsense disseminated by the conspiracy crowd. You fail to include the fact that LHO was pulling the revolver. Distortion by omission is not “the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth”. It is intentional distortion and sadly too many people who are not familiar with the facts of the case are mislead because of the distortion. You should be ashamed.

In the context of my original statement (and indeed in the final analysis of what happened in the Texas Theater), the intent to pull the revolver is what is important and meaningful. Here is my original statement that you objected to:

Yes, hitting a police officer and pulling out a revolver certainly don’t seem to be the actions that one would expect from an innocent movie goer.

Technically, I said that he was pulling out a revolver. Your supposed “distinction” doesn’t even really apply to my statement. Yet you intentionally distort and mislead the gullible. Shame on you.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2022, 11:40:40 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2022, 12:21:47 PM »
Does anyone know who the photographer is that took this photo?

I think that he might be a witness to the whole scuffle. And it would be interesting to see what he might have to say about it.

Edit: I found a name of the photographer: Jim MacCammon according to notes on page 331 of “With Malice” by Dale Myers. Now, I need to find what Jim had to say about what happened in the Texas Theater…
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 01:28:54 PM by Charles Collins »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2022, 01:50:15 PM »
It turns out that Jim MacCammon is in the photograph that I posted in the original (first) post of this thread:

Here’s the notes of a detail of that photo from page 333 of “With Malice” by Dale Myers:

Oswald is led toward an unmarked Dallas police car in front of the Texas Theater. Photographed by Stuart L. Reed at about 1:52 p.m., November 22, 1963. Left to right: Photographer Jim MacCammon (1) lowering camera, Detective Bob Carroll (2) carrying Oswald’s revolver, Officer C.T. Walker (3), Oswald (4) [face covered], Detective Paul L. Bentley (5), Sergeant Gerald L. Hill (6), and Dallas Morning News reporter Jim Ewell (7).

Interesting, that Dale Myers also states that Bob Carroll is carrying Oswald’s revolver…
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 02:00:53 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2022, 01:50:15 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2022, 01:50:44 PM »
Oswald was unstoppable on Friday and there was nothing anyone could do about it.