Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Earlene Roberts’ Cuba Connections???  (Read 3213 times)

Online Charles Collins

Earlene Roberts’ Cuba Connections???
« on: October 04, 2022, 01:28:19 PM »
Advertisement
Every once in a blue moon I get completely surprised by something I had never heard of before regarding the JFK assassination. Here is a snip from page 255 of “History Will Prove Us Right” by Howard Willens:

6.Neither Oswald’s Cuban interests in Dallas nor Ruby’s Cuban activities had been explored adequately, in particular possible links through Earlene Roberts, manager of the rooming house where Oswald lived.

The above snip is the sixth of seven items in a list that: Hubert and Griffin wanted further investigation on seven subjects that illustrate just how complicated it is to try to prove another negative—Ruby was not part of a conspiracy in killing Oswald:

Did Earlene have a history of being connected in some way with Cuba?

JFK Assassination Forum

Earlene Roberts’ Cuba Connections???
« on: October 04, 2022, 01:28:19 PM »

Online Joe Elliott

Re: Earlene Roberts’ Cuba Connections???
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 11:32:12 PM »
Every once in a blue moon I get completely surprised by something I had never heard of before regarding the JFK assassination. Here is a snip from page 255 of “History Will Prove Us Right” by Howard Willens:

6.Neither Oswald’s Cuban interests in Dallas nor Ruby’s Cuban activities had been explored adequately, in particular possible links through Earlene Roberts, manager of the rooming house where Oswald lived.

The above snip is the sixth of seven items in a list that: Hubert and Griffin wanted further investigation on seven subjects that illustrate just how complicated it is to try to prove another negative—Ruby was not part of a conspiracy in killing Oswald:

Yes. The "I Love Lucy" show was her favorite TV show. I think she was up to something.

Actually, I don't know. I don't know hardly anything about her.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 11:33:28 PM by Joe Elliott »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 01:46:58 AM »
Yes. The "I Love Lucy" show was her favorite TV show. I think she was up to something.

Actually, I don't know. I don't know hardly anything about her.

That’s right…Ricky was from Cuba!

But Ruby looked like he was probably a Jackie Gleason fan.  So, I don’t get it….  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 01:46:58 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 02:13:36 AM »

That’s right…Ricky was from Cuba!

But Ruby looked like he was probably a Jackie Gleason fan.  So, I don’t get it….  ;)

LOL! Well that makes Oswald a fan of Ed Norton.

Offline Louis Earl

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2022, 03:07:35 AM »
Case closed.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2022, 03:07:35 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2022, 07:44:56 PM »

Mrs. Bertha Cheek

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2022, 11:11:40 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2022, 11:11:40 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2022, 12:30:15 PM »
Mrs. Bertha Cheek

Okay, I have read Bertha’s WC testimony (she was a sister of Earlene Roberts).  It appears to me that the investigators were interested in Bertha due to her contact with Jack Ruby regarding Bertha’s interest in investing in a nightclub. I think that they were exploring any possibilities of ndirect contact between Ruby and Oswald. I didn’t see much of anything regarding Cuba.

Also, Bertha’s WC testimony was given on April 14, 1964. And the WC memo that contained item #6 (which I quoted in the first post in this thread) wasn’t written until May 14, 1964. So, it appears that they were still interested in possible Cuba connections via Earlene Roberts one month after Bertha’s testimony was given. Earlene Roberts’ testimony certainly doesn’t contain any clues regarding Cuba connections. I am still at a loss to explain the reason for item #6 in the WC memo…

As I read more about the details of the WC investigation, one thing has become clear to me though. Contrary to what some CTs like to claim, the WC certainly did question a lot of people looking for any possible evidence of a conspiracy…